Dobbi, I have to think about seriously quitting the game or buying a 2nd pc and acct

A

alhanna

Why? XTC is being shot at in Emain by Dobbi a hunter.

I help. Get a PA off all going well, hitting every time. Dobbi is not letting up on XTC who is a Cleric by the way. Ok Dobbi uses IP, my END has gone I think ok, still should be ok.

XTC dies....I die.

XTC then goes on to say are you gimped or somthing?

NO I am not buffed.

I feel for you XTC you are right any other inf in Emain would have won that fight. Dobbi is buffed and SC'ed I am sure.

I will now take stock of what you say to me and will thinking about it while away from DAOC over the next three months soon when I go away. 2nd Account for buffbot or quit?

It has come to this on a game that I love so much that we must rely on buffs.

Congrats to you Dobbi.

A

alhanna

I am angry, very angry at being a shark with no teeth.

Pay no attention, I walk around my mothers house now stamping my feet with madness.

Dobbi I wish to fight you unbuffed somewhere, do you accept?

O

old.Mousah

oh great yet another buffbot wajn thread :>

yeyeye you need a bb to solo as a ns/infi/sb or else your a gimpz0r.

V

VodkaFairy

If you want to enjoy daoc then:

1) Stop wajning so much
2) Don't play when you have bad luck
3) Take breaks every so often
4) Know where to go
5) Spend a little time farming money to buy SC instead of crying
6) Duo with someone, but if you friend is being attacked don't help. Just wait for the add to come and take that instead?

And relax :p

M

marczje

If u dont have buffs, and wearing epic, ur just rps ready to be farmed, dont quit, buy a bb account instead, rly

N

ntina

Dobbi 50 yet?

grats mate :)))

btw time to get some sc armor df parts aint that good anymore

grats aye aye yea

N

ntina

i ment dobbi since he plays with df parts....

A

alhanna

I think he has been 50 for sometime and you are pulling my leg? He was rank 4 I think and I bet also Sc?

D

Dorin

nerf dragonfang ! ^^

get a buffbot or play a grp char, sums it up.

V

VodkaFairy

95% of all stealthers in emain have buffs and sc alhanna, you can either be frustrated all the time or do something about it :(

sorry :x

A

alhanna

Too mad, going to bed. Night all. And thank you for the replies.

F

-fwapp-

well i know exactly how u feel... I got my scout to rr5.2 entirely solo and unbuffed, which was horrific, and now ive finally given up and have started to level a buffbot in order to be able to compete with brehons...

R

Rg.Roller

go go buffalo :m00:

You will need sc, buffs and too a very small exstent pots in order to tip the balance or even compete with others on a stealth zerg level.

Find a friend to duo with till then, or even arange to PL a buffbot between the both of u. Humm i beileve that some use alchemy buffs too, which aint bad.

unlucky that time

bad dobbi pig! :(

H

Hit ^_^

well even if it was a whine it was one of the better ones.

we all know ppl will never stop using buffbots aslong as mythic dont nerf buffbots. wich they never will. if they atleast chould put 10min timer on them. that whould lead to more ppl not allways having buffsup but whould still keep ppl from quiting due to "nerfing" of the bots.

oh and remove sc and df merchants from the game :p
(impossibel but whould make the game allmost as fun as it ones was)

F

-fwapp-

Originally posted by Hit ^_^
well even if it was a whine it was one of the better ones.

we all know ppl will never stop using buffbots aslong as mythic dont nerf buffbots. wich they never will. if they atleast chould put 10min timer on them. that whould lead to more ppl not allways having buffsup but whould still keep ppl from quiting due to "nerfing" of the bots.

oh and remove sc and df merchants from the game :p
(impossibel but whould make the game allmost as fun as it ones was)

hhehe i wouldnt agree to a 10 min timer on buffs, how much would u love being a legitimate enh/rej cleric then in a grp... range is more realistic

R

Rg.Roller

Originally posted by -fwapp-
hhehe i wouldnt agree to a 10 min timer on buffs, how much would u love being a legitimate enh/rej cleric then in a grp... range is more realistic

Shortened timers would mean the stealth zerg shifted even less away from thier tks, doing 10minute loops.

Range, would cause everyone to close thier buffbot accounts and the nice men at mythic couldent have thier new weekly gold plated cars delivered. So thats not likely to happen :<

S

Sichama

This is Excalibur, i meet one unbuffed enemy every week or so and that is more Mid's then Albs, everytime i do meet one though and beat him i feel bad, because not only they are unbuffed they also usually solo and they are the ones that actually deserve a fair fight which is denied to them.

But im sorry, not only i have a fair 1vs1 fight every 10 or so trips in Odin's i can't go around unbuffed and lose the few solo fights i get because the others are buffed, just because i might find a solo unbuffed enemy once every week.

I will take any challenge for an unbuffed fight though anytime anyplace by anyone.

Oh and for the poster of this thread, just tell that cleric to fo, and next time you see him get a beating cheer the enemy and jump on his corpse.

K

K0nah

Originally posted by alhanna
It has come to this on a game that I love so much that we must rely on buffs.

well tbh anyone that rolls/pl's a stealther these days must surely know u have no chance whatsoever out there unbuffed?

i play my scout solo & unbuffed 95% of the time and sure i can get some kills but the number of times i could have got a kill (or 2) that got away on <10% health or i got killed myself because of lack of buffs is enourmous and very frustrating.

slightly easier to go unbuffed as scout cos u can pick your targets from a crowd and at range, an infil has to take opportunistic kills of any class thats he considers killable and is within pa/melee range.

as far as stealth wars go, 99% of the ppl u fight will be buffed, some a little, some alot, some with 2-3 buffbots :puke:

really totally pointless as an infil out there unbuffed i am sure :m00:

get some good gear, choose your procs and spec wisely and find a mate who plays odd hours to pl a bot on his account, not ideal but cheaper than 2 accounts. oh and u dont need 2 pc's to run a buffbot btw, just 512 or ideally 768+ ram. SI runs 2 clients simultaneously quite happily.

Y

-yoda-

nerf buffbots IMO ..... they have gone a long way to fucking up the game . espoecially stealth wars.. as said above by a few if you aint buffed in emain these days your just free rp's waiting to get farmed.

sad but true :(

nerf bb's so they are ranged imo ...... yes stealthers will whine (i have 3 stealthers , but i wouldnt mind) cos i know the enemys im fighting will ALSO be UNBUFFED (unless i attack a member of a fg whome is still in range of buffs) ...

people are being forced to roll bots ust to be able to compete. which imo sucks bigtime
hell even the FG's that run emain have 2-3 bb's between the grp apart from the cleric that are rejuve IN the grp :(

as the main poster said.... its kinda sad when a game you love is ruled by whome has the best buffs :(

M

matmardigan

Originally posted by -fwapp-
well i know exactly how u feel... I got my scout to rr5.2 entirely solo and unbuffed, which was horrific, and now ive finally given up and have started to level a buffbot in order to be able to compete with brehons...

lvl 50 bb isnt enough 2day, ur bb needs high MoA, MoA V
just Buffs without MoA arent enough.

A

adari

Originally posted by alhanna
I have SC just no bot.

a bot is a requirement these days

ur just a farm object now, hi ho der

K

KoreanLover

Originally posted by -yoda-
as the main poster said.... its kinda sad when a game you love is ruled by whome has the best buffs :(

Normally i would just reply: "k.", but i see people brag on irc about who has the highest MoA-buffbot, which is kinda ... lol.

:D Just get a buffbot and live on in emain - or go odins!

Users who are viewing this thread