Misc Do you tip the pizza delivery guy?

Do you tip the pizza delivery guy?

• Total voters

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I always tip my Pizza guy, I used to work there on the weekends for some extra cash, so I know what its like. Used to hate Fridays because I would leave for my main job at 7am then because I went straight to the Pizza place I wouldn't get home till around 1am. Though I would usually make £100 in that one evening from wages and tips. We also get a better service because we tip and some of them so know me.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
used to always order from the same place, as soon as i started tipping my order always arrived much faster and they occasionally threw in a free can of coke too :)

and ofc whenever i drunkenly stumbled into the takeaway after a night out the owner (i lived nearby for 4 years and ate Pizza many many times) always came out and shook my hand and took my order before anyone else even if there was a queue :)

never went anywhere else hehehe

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Always tip delivery drivers a couple of quid, At Christmas they get a tenner, like the postman and window cleaner, and the binmen get £20.

Knowing the people who provide you with the service can't bea bad thing, my food never arrives cold or late and I always get freebies thrown in.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I almost always tip for takeaway deliveries as long as they are on time and still hot when they arrive. Some years ago I did order a curry and it showed up three hours later, stone cold. I told the guy I didn't want it. He told me I was racist. I thought that was a little rude personally.
Try having a guy deliver a pre-paid by card meal, someone else gets the door and he makes them pay cash, runs off, when we complain to the place and make him bring the money back he then tries to tell you that you're "fucking ripping him off".

I'll bung someone a few quid if they really go out of there way to do something for me that they didn't have to but I'm not paying a guy who's already being paid to do a job for the exact same job.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I think some people tip because they saw it on American TV. I've never tipped a delivery person in the UK and I don't think I ever will.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If I pay by card, no, if by cash, yes.

Used to delivery for Domino's so I know how valuable the tips are to the people that deliver. A few years ago you could make an ok-ish wage from pizza delivery, not any more now petrol is obscenely expensive.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Always, unless it's taken ages.

The reason? I sometimes sit in the takeaways that we use for deliveries, if I call in on the way home for instance, and the drivers practically fight to do the deliveries that go to the houses which tip, the rest get left for the next run.

I tip and get my food quicker.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
Never, always bloody late for me and half the time I don't get what I order. I think the prices are ridiculous enough already.

Since I moved back to Scotland I forgot how much people tip here, where I was raised in Kent can't say I've ever witnessed someone tipping a taxi driver before but here say journey is £7 most people would say keep the £10, and it's not like these people I know have much disposable income.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I'll give the pizza bloke a tip : get a proper job you smelly prat.

;)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Always tip $3-5 depending on how much I order, but that's the USA.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Always tip $3-5 depending on how much I order, but that's the USA.

You dont go percentage? For the first 4 months that I lived here I was a waiter. Wages literaly just cover taxes so I appreciate what its like. Also that is a hard fuckin job. I always tip 20%

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I hate taxi drivers who overcharge by trying to charge like 26-27e for a 20 euro fare then try and keep the extra 3 quid from the 30e without even making a move to give you change, i almost went GAA on some Nigerian taxi driver one night over it, cheeky bastard turn off your buffalo soldier tape get off the phone and quit being an ignorant ass if you want any chance of a tip

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Not from Domino's. If he's from the Ancient Raj then always!

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
I hate taxi drivers who overcharge by trying to charge like 26-27e for a 20 euro fare then try and keep the extra 3 quid from the 30e without even making a move to give you change, i almost went GAA on some Nigerian taxi driver one night over it, cheeky bastard turn off your buffalo soldier tape get off the phone and quit being an ignorant ass if you want any chance of a tip

Bastards! I find here just because I have an english accent, they try and take the piss. The drivers will always try to go the long route which makes £10 fare £15 so every time I've goto say go this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom