Misc Do you tip the pizza delivery guy?

Do you tip the pizza delivery guy?

• Total voters

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
pfft. its expensive enough as it is for bread and cheese

Depends where you live and who you order from I suppose, round where I live you can get a 14 inch deep pan for £6 or so. I know that is still a massive profit margain but isn't all takeaway?

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I almost always tip for takeaway deliveries as long as they are on time and still hot when they arrive. Some years ago I did order a curry and it showed up three hours later, stone cold. I told the guy I didn't want it. He told me I was racist. I thought that was a little rude personally.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Tipping isn't really a custom in finland, you might even get dirty looks for giving a tip in some places. In shops/kiosks, you can't even tip because that would screw up their accounting.

Still, mostly foreigners delivering pizza and if i'm paying with cash, might round it up.

The drunk night taxi man will always get a tip ;)

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I never have takeout delivered. I go and get it from the shop myself.

That said, I drive 8 miles to a particular pizza shop because of the deal they do. £20 gets you a 12" deep-pan, 10" deep-pan, a 10" garlic bread with cheese, a 1.5l bottle of Coke and a 500ml pot of Haagen Dazs ice cream. Not so bad for the whole family.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not the pizza place no because their product isn't very good and they are usually late. The curry place I do all the time, it's always the same delivery driver and he is always on time and polite and their food is fantastic. Usually it costs about £22 for me and the wife so I just give £25 and tell him to keep the change.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
It's the culture here and its figured into the price aparently so yeah I always do.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Yeah, in the US you are expected to tip(not at places like McDonalds though) because they actually can legally get away with paying waiters less than minimum wage(usually half) because they supposedly make up for it in tips.

Here in Sweden, I don't tip mostly because it's not expected when you pick up the stuff yourself.

soze

I am a FH squatter
If i pay cash i tell the guy to keep the change to the nearest £5 if i pay online they get nothing.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, in the US you are expected to tip(not at places like McDonalds though) because they actually can legally get away with paying waiters less than minimum wage(usually half) because they supposedly make up for it in tips.

They get paid below minimum wage based on the expectancy of tips making their final average pay at (or above) minimum wage. If this expectancy isn't realised, the employer is required by law to make up the difference so they still achieve minimum wage. You giving them tips simply means the firm have to pay their employees less - your tips benefit the firm!

Lethul

FH is my second home
No, I give tip if someone deserve it. I don't see how just delivering a pizza would make me wanna tip. When I have a waiter at a resturant that is nice and funny all evening then I tip.

I don't tip for the sake of tipping :p

Wij

I am a FH squatter
What did the leper say to the prostitute ?

Keep the tip.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I always tip the pizza delivery guy/girl as long as they´re delivering in time and everything. Same with taxi drivers and pub/restaurant servants.

Calo

Part of the furniture
I always tip the pizza delivery guy/girl as long as they´re delivering in time and everything. Same with taxi drivers and pub/restaurant servants.

What is on time? here in belgium if the pizza guy takes longer then 30mins then its all free. So obviously we alway's take the pizza delivery place as far away as we can :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
No i dont tip them, ***** get paid off the shop why on earth should i give hand outs aswell :p

djpringle

Pork Smuggler
I guess I just have got into the habit of always tipping now. A couple of quid here and there is nothing really considering the slave labour wages most waiters, delivery guys etc are on that I encounter.
What does get my goat is large service charge costs included in bills!

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Yes here but not in the UK, mostly because the guy gets paid fuck all and will deliver fast in bad conditions. He probably gets paid around 50p an hour, I tip 40p.

Lethul

FH is my second home
most of the time I however use and online service to buy pizza, so they are paid for when the pizza arrives :p

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
only tip in restaurants when iv had a really good services. takeaways no as i always order of just eat or hungry hippo and pay by card.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Shame no one said "Only if the f*cker tries to run with it", bit late now :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
no, lol tipping is a strange thing, I will tip when someone has given me exceptional service but someone just doing their job...well that's what their wages are for isn't it?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I tip prostitutes.

People doing extra effort and expects to get paid, like reaching out their hand or waiting for me to make a move, i would never ever pay. (hotels & restaurant services for example)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
you know tipping is a euphemism for a sex act in this country ...

I hope you gargle afterwards Fett ^^

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
you know tipping is a euphemism for a sex act in this country ...

I hope you gargle afterwards Fett ^^

Here i am making a serious post, and you imply that i might (understatement much?) need to gargle due to something entering my mouth?!

How dare youuuuuuuuuuuuu Ez. :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom