Do you think its appropriate that a mosque be built on Ground Zero?

Do you think its appropriate that a mosque be built on Ground Zero?

• Yes. I have no problem with it.

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • No. Its wrong.

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
You are right, it is just that Al-Qaeda point they did in name of their religion (and everything they do they say the same), so i repeat what i previously said

Well, if that´s case and the USA really believes this (i.e. islam <=> al-quaeda), they should grew a pair and openly declare war against Islam, because that´s the only consequence of this (questionable) logic. As it is, they´re just walking around on eggshells in typical american style.

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
no, the fact that Al-Qaeda claim they act in the name of Islam doesn't mean US HQ think they fight vs a Religion, it just points Al-Qaeda uses that as an excuse or a reason for it, not meaning they have the rights to do it, either i explained myself bad (I think i said well... but maybe i didn't notice) or either you understood the wrong way, this is the logic, I never said Islam created Al-Qaeda, just said Al-Qaeda uses it to claim the world they defend quran against enemies by violent actions.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I voted "Yes, I have no problem with it".

However, I do have a problem with it - I don't think we should be wasting money on buildng more places for bullshit worship.

"No, it's wrong" would have been a good answer for me, if it meant the above.

"I don't care" would have been a terrrible answer 'cause I actually do care about religion - just not about this issue in particular.

So, I guess the lesson here is, LEARN TO POST AN UNBIASED POLL you fucker :D

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
no, the fact that Al-Qaeda claim they act in the name of Islam doesn't mean US HQ think they fight vs a Religion, it just points Al-Qaeda uses that as an excuse or a reason for it, not meaning they have the rights to do it, either i explained myself bad (I think i said well... but maybe i didn't notice) or either you understood the wrong way, this is the logic, I never said Islam created Al-Qaeda, just said Al-Qaeda uses it to claim the world they defend quran against enemies by violent actions.

My reply wasn´t aimed at you or your post, it was merely a general observation about the matter. You can break it down to one single question: can you blame islam for 911, or not? If the answer is yes, then they shouldn´t build that mosque and should consequently fight islam. This is what Fox News and the right wing parties want.
If the answer is no (i.e. al-quaeda are just abusing islam as an excuse), then there is no reason why they shoulsn´t build it, especially - like I said - since there are millions of muslims living in the US, so it is also a building FOR US citizens.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Absolutly inapropiate, lacking taste and provocative.

Build it a couple of streets away, everybody have rights to attend their cult buildings, but not this way.

NONO.

Build it? Yes

In Ground Zero? ABSOLUTLY NO

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Absolutly inapropiate, lacking taste and provocative.

Build it a couple of streets away, everybody have rights to attend their cult buildings, but not this way.

NONO.

Build it? Yes

In Ground Zero? ABSOLUTLY NO

I take it you haven't read up on any of this have you? :p

Or are you being sarcastic?

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
My reply wasn´t aimed at you or your post, it was merely a general observation about the matter. You can break it down to one single question: can you blame islam for 911, or not? If the answer is yes, then they shouldn´t build that mosque and should consequently fight islam. This is what Fox News and the right wing parties want.
If the answer is no (i.e. al-quaeda are just abusing islam as an excuse), then there is no reason why they shoulsn´t build it, especially - like I said - since there are millions of muslims living in the US, so it is also a building FOR US citizens.

Is ok they build it, maybe the area selected for it is a bit polemic, that's a fact, in the other hand sorry if u weren't reffering to me but u picked up a portion of text i wrote :)
click that arrow to check where it comes from

Ezteq

Queen of OT
sorry not read many other posts as this is one long mofo thread but for my two cents...

I don't think anything should be built on ground zero except the rememberance garden; I have absolutely no problem at all with a mosque being built near the site, as stated previously I am mainly ignorant about religion and being an athiest I don't bother to research them because they do not interest me but folk practising their religion is nothing that troubles me.

People blowing stuff up trouble me. Not all muslims are terrorists, in the same way that not all men are pedophiles, just look at how many muslims there are in this world, there are sodding millions of them if they were all terrorists we'd soon know it.

I do not think it is disrespectful in the least, I think what happened on 9/11 was horrific but I think people need to live together not alienate in order to heal (and by live together I mean just co-exist not be all up in each others business and best buddies)

sayward

Resident Freddy
N.B. I just voted in the wrong box. Meant to say I do have a problem with it...... Obviously too tired to be on here....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom