Do you consider yourself a NERD?

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
The Oxford English Dictionary defines a nerd as "Someone of above average intelligence with few social skills".

Yep, guilty as charged. I am a nerd.
/sigh i have above average intelligence and many social skills :(

yaruar said:
That's unfair. What about us geeks who happen to be good at sport and are musclebound and fit....

I've always straddled a number of camps.. I was always a geek at school, best in school at maths (one of the best in the country too..) played chess at lunchtimes, loved computers and starwars, wrote plays in my spare time with fellow geeks and swapped the latest and greatest games for our BBC B's ;) etc, etc. Although at the same time i was also incredibly into sport, playing Basketball at a regional level from the age of 13, played hockey for a decent adult team too, played rugby and cricket too when i had the time. I used to train about 20 hours a week+ at one stage during my teens. Was captain of a number of sports teams. All of these continued, being both a total geek (working in IT, playing computer games, dressing "uniquely.." and having a somewhat eclectic taste in music) whilst at the same time going to the gym regularly, going to interesting and sometimes dubious clubs and gigs....

:worthy: :worthy:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hmm im sure you can be a nerd and enjoy sports at the same time, though my sport of choice is playing pool (is that a sport?)

any hoo my point was i'd rather date a bright, funny nerd than one of those self obsessed (ergh sp?) donuts who have (or think they do) great bod's and 0 IQ,
ofc if said nerd happens to be built like a barn door and fit as hell then who am i to complain :touch:

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
ofc if said nerd happens to be built like a barn door and fit as hell then who am i to complain :touch:

You haven't yet :wub:

Though wouldn't say I was a nerd, a bum maybe.

Zede

Part of the furniture
I consider myself enlightened, playing mmorpgs !

The real worry, and has been for a long time ( In the UK anyway) is the 18 MILLION people who watch soap operas everyday - now thats what I call sad.

Some of my m8s play Legends of Mir, Some play SWG, where others may discuss who is shaggin who in "Soaps", our pub discussions are a little different !

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
i already got a girlfriends wich i live together with in our big house :p
i already got all the useful artis i need, so i guess i'd take the rr10 with BB :p

i don't consider myself a nerd, but after i got daoc i've spent more time infront of the PC than i've ever done before hehe :)

ps. my GF hates daoc and computers so i suspect my PC will be used as firewood when the winter comes :p

vintervargen

Banned
tbh, many people mistake social skills to be 'likes to spend time with other people' instead of 'beeing able to spend time with other people'.

i'm someone that can fit in to most groups of people, but if i want it is another question, because i am and have always been, bit of a lonewolf ;)

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Like going out, like women (man do i like!), and enjoy the company of others.
Like staying in and playing on an MMORPG.

Terrible at chatting up women, to the point of not realiseing when i'm being chatted up. (Yeah, im THAT bad at it).
And before you ask Sigurd, I was terrible with women before I started playing. Does that make me a nerd? Nope, it makes me an idiot.
Proudly owning upto that fact as well.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Binky the Bomb said:
Terrible at chatting up women, to the point of not realiseing when i'm being chatted up. (Yeah, im THAT bad at it).

So been there. :p Went so far as to be completely oblivious to a girl trying to seduce me by getting into my bed and insisting I join her. Being a complete muppet (or a chivalrous gennulmun) I insisted I would sleep on the floor...at which point she left. :mad:

Bow down before me, nerds, for I am your GOD! :mad:

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Sissyfoo said:
So been there. :p Went so far as to be completely oblivious to a girl trying to seduce me by getting into my bed and insisting I join her. Being a complete muppet (or a chivalrous gennulmun) I insisted I would sleep on the floor...at which point she left. :mad:

Bow down before me, nerds, for I am your GOD! :mad:

Reminds me of when i was a lot younger. I was on the way home from a party when i was 17 and i bumped into a woman i vaguely knew. We ended up chatting and sharing a bottle of cider i happened to have on me. Eventually she said it was getting late and we should head back to her flat to continue talking and have some coffee. When we got back we were on the sofa drinking coffee and chatting. She wandered off and after 5 minutes i wondered where she was so i got up to find her. I found her lying on the bed naked waiting for me.. At that point the penny (and my trousers) dropped and i realised that coffee didn't always mean coffee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom