Do we have any actual old Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay/Battle ppl here ?

Zede

Part of the furniture
By aged 16 i had a 40 figure skaven army, 60 undead, about 40 empire, 100 or so gobos/orcs, various trolls/dragons/ogres, quite a few rulers & tape measures, and lots of fake grass !

at the same time got on to the new warhammer fantasy role play, played for nearly 2 years, but alas ladies and booze took over :/

pity they didnt keep the magic system in some way :/

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I remember Warhammer FR. Something Rotten In Middenheim, anyone? :D

Edit: spelling is baaaad tonight. No idea why.

<hic>

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
You mean Mordheim? I played that a bit. Also got a dwarf army for fantasy battles which I played quite a lot. Haven't played it in ages though.

Fitzbert

Fledgling Freddie
I have a 1500pt Greenskin army and a 1000pt Wood Elf warband. >.>

Felgar

Loyal Freddie
10000 Empire army and 3000 High Elves plus the greenskin warband from starter box (early 90's)

meerclar

Can't get enough of FH
played warhammer frpg for 3 years, i really hoped WAR would be based more on that tbh.
still like WAR tho :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Played it alot when i was waaaay young :eek:
3000 pts We and Skaven Army, 1500 pts Dark Angels (woot!) one.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Used to buy the odd figure (mostly 40k stuff) when I was a kid, just to paint them really. Only ever tried the table top game once and wasn't really impressed.

Granpa

Fledgling Freddie
I played Fantasy Battles about 15 years ago, had a 2000 point Empire army and a 2500 Greenskin Army about half painted always loved the goblin doomdivers.

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
I still have an orignal first edition of the Warhammer manual along with an origina copy of the D&D manual (not the AD&D) floating about somewhere in the house.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Was always more into bloodbowl, tho I like the p&p warhammer rpg a lot.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Played loads of Warhammer. On the old Warhammer Fantasy system, me and 2 of my friends had ALL army books split between us and I've read most of them for lore.
Played Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer 40k, Bloodbowl, Epic and Mordheim out of the games made by GW, love their games :D

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Lets just say i still play and my armies (thats right multiple) are er sizable :D

Noc0de

Can't get enough of FH
Played a bit of:
Warhammer Fantasy (High Elfs)
Warhammer 40k (Eldar)
Blood Bowl (Undead)
Epic (Squat)

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
Played the original tabletop game (still have a first edition rule box somewhere!), most of the later versions, the original RPG and the Hogshead reprint and even some of the newest released version - some excellent background and lore stuff in some of the new supplements!

And almost forgot - loads of the paperback novels...

<hic>

Almost ;) I think you have a hybrid of "Middenheim : City of Chaos" and fourth in the "Enemy Within" series of modules, "Something Rotten in Kislev".

rynnor

Rockhound

Something rotten in Kislev!

The whole Enemy within campaign was great, I enjoyed Death on the Reik and Shadows over Bogenhafen - played the lot with my group before we ended up playing PC games n Poker :p

I thought the best thing about that game was the careers system - ratcatcher - trappings - ratters pole with d6 dead rats, sling and ammo, small and vicious dog -lol!

Or the student career with a small percentage chance of acually learning some academic skills and a far larger chance of becoming an alcoholic - it wasnt a system that took itself too seriously :)

<strokes first edition hardback copy> :)

Gesta

Loyal Freddie

<hic>

Hey Roo,

Very long time indeed and yeh I most definitely remember that, used to love playing it, had a good crowd that used to get involved up until the times where pubs, clubs n raves took over :)

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
Played Warhammer the Tabletop game about .....11ish years ago i think it was, for a few years, had an undead army (back when mummies had 4 wounds and Toughness 5 :p) and really loved it, both the painting and the actual playing!

good fun, great memories!

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I prefered the simpler boardgamey type ones. Necromunda, Blood Bowl, Fantasy Roleplay and the daddy... Space Hulk!

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I used to collect the figures when I was a kid, but I just used to paint them. I didn't like the game really, and I only ever played it once. I used to win competitions at local GW for painting! Was a pretty good hobby at the time but I just grew out of it.

Ganethis

Fledgling Freddie
i still have my entire collection hanging on the wall, not used anymore tho, now they are just for looks, but i have:

Tombkings army
Empire Army
Darkelves

been at the hobby for uh... since 4th edition (fantasy)

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
While I did have a sort lived fling with Chaos Dwarves, I'm more of a 40k player, Space wolves since RT days with a touch of Epic.

Ah the smells of acrylic paint, pva glue and flocking, the smells of adolescence I tells ya!

taB

Part of the furniture
I thought the best thing about that game was the careers system - ratcatcher - trappings - ratters pole with d6 dead rats, sling and ammo, small and vicious dog -lol!

Or the student career with a small percentage chance of acually learning some academic skills and a far larger chance of becoming an alcoholic - it wasnt a system that took itself too seriously :)

<strokes first edition hardback copy> :)

The roleplaying game was brilliant with the careers system, absolutely loved it.

Uara

Part of the furniture
yeah I was more of a 40k player. Imperial guard FTW!! Just pilin more and more men at ur enemy can never go wrong. Who cares if they have shit stats, u roll enough dice ur bound to win. A lot like Kroot in close combat, u can get upwards of 40 odd attacks with one squad if you charge and bought bladed weapons :D But back to imperial guards u can't go wrong with Leman Russ's and Basilisks(the im going to stay at the back of the map and just pound u into oblivion method!!)

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie
Old School here, I played WHFB since the first release? certainly by the second and sometime before ravening hordes - the first ever army lists book - came out way back more than 20 years ago.

I had a mixed army and used to cast my own figures until the skaven came out. Then it was the horned rat all the way. I have a fully painted 5000 point skaven army - all metal none of that plasticky stuff and as a mixed horde none of that fotm shooty stuff.

I used to work next to the GW guy who invented the skaven :)

I also did WHFR since its first release but havent done that in ages

Noc0de

Can't get enough of FH
I prefered the simpler boardgamey type ones. Necromunda, Blood Bowl, Fantasy Roleplay and the daddy... Space Hulk!

Yes, Space Hulk was great.

Personally, I remember starting off playing 'Hero Quest' when I was about 6!

yeah I was more of a 40k player. Imperial guard FTW!! Just pilin more and more men at ur enemy can never go wrong. Who cares if they have shit stats, u roll enough dice ur bound to win. A lot like Kroot in close combat, u can get upwards of 40 odd attacks with one squad if you charge and bought bladed weapons :D But back to imperial guards u can't go wrong with Leman Russ's and Basilisks(the im going to stay at the back of the map and just pound u into oblivion method!!)

Heh, yes I remember Imperial Guard.

My first 40k army was Orc and I remember my older brother had Imperial Guard.

Used to remember so amusing fights between Ghazghkull Thraka and Commissar Yarrik.

Plutaris

Fledgling Freddie
Talisman the board game rocked !! : P

Had a High Elf army back in the day, used to fight my lil bros Orcs hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom