do drinks taste better in a glass?

- English -

Resident Freddy
I know its tradition to get for example; a glass of orange juice. But why dont you get a cup of orange juice. Is there any difference in taste etc?

Would their also be any differences in putting your coffee in a glass?:)

Discuss!

Little Boy

One of Freddy's beloved
I know its tradition to get for example; a glass of orange juice. But why dont you get a cup of orange juice. Is there any difference in taste etc?

Would their also be any differences in putting your coffee in a glass?:)

Discuss!
Big difference in taste for orange juice :D i hate it out of a cup, its takes like shit, dont ask my why....

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i tent to use a glass for cold things and a cup for hot things.
its mainly so people dont think im crackers but im not sure i notice a difference in taste.
except cans of lager and bottles of lager, the bottles always taste better.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
except cans of lager and bottles of lager, the bottles always taste better.

Except guinness.

Sorry..didn't say that right...

*ahem* Aye! Exchept fer ghuinness laddy!

I think the thing with glass and cup is the way you hold it for one. With a cup it's more sophisticated and you expect that the content is hot or room temp atleast. With a glass, you expect it to be cold and refreshing.

Also usually cups have a larger surface area, so as an example soda drinks loose their fizzy faster.

Nate

FH is my second home
Generally if you put boiling water from the kettle in a glass it breaks(Unless you got special glass!), hence people use cups as they don't tend to! ;o try it, but watch out for the edges! they hurts they do.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Generally if you put boiling water from the kettle in a glass it breaks(Unless you got special glass!), hence people use cups as they don't tend to! ;o try it, but watch out for the edges! they hurts they do.

I found that out the hard way to my dismay when I used a glass mug for some hot ribena.

Picked it up and it just split in two and boiling hot ribena went everywhere. :(

Nate

FH is my second home
I found that out the hard way to my dismay when I used a glass mug for some hot ribena.

Picked it up and it just split in two and boiling hot ribena went everywhere. :(

I told you to watch out :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
technically speaking that isnt a lager :eek:

Ah yes you're talking about lager as in spesificly and not as a general word for beer. My bad, some people do that you know, say lager about any beer.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Ah yes you're talking about lager as in spesificly and not as a general word for beer. My bad, some people do that you know, say lager about any beer.

Is that a european thing? because in europe, lager is called beer? or something? how you lot can live without a good old pint of bitter I dont know! :(

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
I find that beer in a can tastes shite compared to beer from the tap

MaCaBr3

Banned
There is no difference in what you poor the drink, what matters is from what source it comes from. It is bottled in glas or plastic, is it canned, is it a real draft, does it come from a box etc etc.

Fanta from a can tastes and looks different from fanta from a bottle. A beer from a can will tast equally shit in a glas.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Is that a european thing? because in europe, lager is called beer? or something? how you lot can live without a good old pint of bitter I dont know! :(

Oh you're mistaken, i'm finnish, we drink "all the world".

Got plenty of pubs that could bring a tear to an eye of an irishman even :drink:

I just seem to recall, and have encountered many times, some people using lager as a substitute for the word beer. Much like me saying aye instead of yes. Well, not really...but anyhoop.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture

Beer is the collective word for brewed beverages... i.e. Lager, Bitter, Stout, Mild etc.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
There is no difference in what you poor the drink, what matters is from what source it comes from. It is bottled in glas or plastic, is it canned, is it a real draft, does it come from a box etc etc.

Fanta from a can tastes and looks different from fanta from a bottle. A beer from a can will tast equally shit in a glas.

Thats a lie tbh... beer that sits in a can is bound to taste slightly metallic, beer that sits in a tap is bound to taste different because of the build up of old beer and dirty pipes.

MaCaBr3

Banned
Thats a lie tbh... beer that sits in a can is bound to taste slightly metallic, beer that sits in a tap is bound to taste different because of the build up of old beer and dirty pipes.

Erm soooooo...beer a can tastes equally shit if you poor it in a glass?

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Beer tastes good.

P.S. In using the word beer in the above post I would like to state for the record that this refers to any and all brewed alcholic bevarage. Even that French cat piss they like.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
*ahem* Aye! Exchept fer ghuinness laddy!

rofl sorry but when i read that it really does sound scottish and i thought (first thought before rational second thought kicked in) why's he saying it in scottish accent, guinness is irish?? lol my mind amuses me.

glas cup, cup glass.

not fussed tbh i do occasionally like to drink cold milk from my winnie the pooh mug because it keeps the milk colder longer i fins and it doesnt make my hand cold when i pick it up.

isn't tea supposed to taste better in bone china?

one thing i really do find though is it i drink fizzy stuff (beer, soda etc) from the bottle i burp more than if it was out of a glass.

Himse

FH is my second home
Milk tastes funny in a yellow plastic cup.

Coke tastes better in the glass bottles.

Orange must be in a glass!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
rofl sorry but when i read that it really does sound scottish and i thought (first thought before rational second thought kicked in) why's he saying it in scottish accent, guinness is irish?? lol my mind amuses me.

Well i know it's irish, but i can't type irish without it sounding too much like a drunken f'ing sailor or some lucky charms commercial :(

tris-

one thing i really do find though is it i drink fizzy stuff (beer, soda etc) from the bottle i burp more than if it was out of a glass.

at a guess id say its because its more difficult for the gas to escape. in the bottle its got a smaller surface area than in a glass.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
its because it loses fizz when you pour it into the glass

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Can't believe that noone has wondered if lovejuice tastes better in a glass or straight from the tap :D

I'm so gonna burn in hades one day...

tris-

Can't believe that noone has wondered if lovejuice tastes better in a glass or straight from the tap :D

I'm so gonna burn in hades one day...

it will still be warm from the tap, so id guess it tastes better than being cold.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
tbh from a glass it congeals and is like drinking day old egg...

so i hear

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom