DnD Online.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
My mate has got in for the beta and I spent a few hours with him looking around, playing with the game mechanics, checking out ze graphics and the general game play.

TBH - It doesn't look all that good and I thought daoc would shit all over if if it came out like that.

I know a few of you are saying this is ze end of daoc as we know it when it comes out. Some, like me are staying so I wanna know your thoughts on it.

Have you tried the beta ? what ya think ?

If not are you leaving daoc for it ?

/discuss ! :twak:

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Been looking around the MMORPG front lately, not because I'm bored of DAOC - but i'm just curious what else is out there.

RFo : Many reviews for this game from beta players say its crap, the've spent more time downloading the beta than actualy playing the game.

DnD : Kind of the same, those in the beta say "its ok, but nothing special"

WoW : <yawn>

DAOC has by far the best mechanics and end game around, dispite many new MMORPGS being released nothing can touch the game play of DAOC, I'm really excited that Mythic are now in the driving seat of WAR and just hope DAOC can survive until then :)

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
A friend of mine is in ddo beta and he says its a good laugh, but he doesn't believe in daoc so can't give an accurate comparison really.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Haggus said:
My mate has got in for the beta and I spent a few hours with him looking around, playing with the game mechanics, checking out ze graphics and the general game play.

TBH - It doesn't look all that good and I thought daoc would shit all over if if it came out like that.

I know a few of you are saying this is ze end of daoc as we know it when it comes out. Some, like me are staying so I wanna know your thoughts on it.

/discuss ! :twak:

someone been saying DnD is the end of daoc?

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
You usually play your games on 2 or more pcs at the same time? Like teamwizzy?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
popa said:
why u post here?

btw dnd is 4 xbox 360 or ps3 not 4 pc

Hello..... <knocks on head>..... do you have a brain ?

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=645996&Section=SYSTEMREQ#PROD

Required

Operating System: Windows® XP, DirectX® 9
Processor: P4 1.6 GHz or AMD equivalent with SSE
RAM: 512MB RAM
Video Card: GeForce 2 or equivalent graphics card with 64MB of memory
CD-ROM: DVD DRIVE REQUIRED
Hard Drive: 3GB, 5GB for high resolution
Processor: 56.6 K modem

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Naffets said:
You usually play your games on 2 or more pcs at the same time? Like teamwizzy?

but popa said 4 pc, why I wonderd if it worked on 1 pc

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
ic uc but ic that flim is watching the forums atm and will find this a pointless thread

As a result, DDO rawks!

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
my intention was not to post farm, I am sorry for it may have seem so and will now offer a some grapefruits and and a glass of wine to the statue of flim.

And I havent even heard anyone talk about DnD before this thread so I realy cant see it taking that many from Daoc

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
DDO has no pvp, the game is a bit disappointing in that its all the usual crap rehashed in an interface thats garish, fiddly and basically the same as every other mmorpg.

Its entirely instance based (so far i have found zero content outside of the instances), group mechanics are clunky and unusual but in general they are the same as all the other mmorpg clones available now.

Graphically it's quite nice, it does invoke some of the pnp feelings, but generally speaking its a bit of a cop-out considering how great this game SHOULD have been.

If the game gets a huge content boost before release, it may be worth trying, but right now it's just too basic to appeal to me really.

The only thing i like is the puzzles, the problem is they are rare.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Less spamming this thread and getting it closed >.<

Discuss DnDO Vrs DAOC !!!

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Haggus said:
Less spamming this thread and getting it closed >.<

Discuss DnDO Vrs DAOC !!!

Apples and oranges, they are different types of games.

DDO is pure pve questing, DAoC is more of a mix of questing, grinding and rvr.

DDO would be a great game if it wasn't for the monthly subs fee, i fear it will fall into the same trap as Planetside.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
D&DO from all accounts seems to be task dungeons with traps and some other mechincs (puzzles etc). Ok if you like PVE stuff, otherwise its just another dungeon bash.

Give a decent mmo with PVP skill based combat (by skill based i mean reactionary styles rather than styles over time button mashing).

bring on WAR.

PenrithRM

Fledgling Freddie
Haggus said:

I haven't tried beta and i haven't even kept track of the development of DDO, but, i will be leaving DAoC for it.

/whineon

Reason/s?

GoA. I love DAoC, i will always love DAoC and it saddens me that i will be leaving it quite soon. GoA are the reason, i don't think Mythic should have gone with them (and no i don't want to buy a US copy and play over there for the latest patches and better CS, i shouldn't have to).

Cluster. Excal/Prydwen should never have been clustered. I pay a subscription to be able to play 100% of a game not 33.3333%. I can only play 1 realm at a time (no i shouldn't have to play PvP or Classic).

Patches. The implementation of patches staggered to accomodate French, German, Spanish & Italian, when in essence the English servers should be updated within a week of the US patches. There is only one reason they don't do this which i'll let you work out for yourselves. If they started doing this i would stay, maybe they should do this on Excal/Prydwen as an incentive to play on the damn server, let's face it and get our heads from up our arses and see Classic destroyed the English cluster!

Lack of co-op server. Been said a thousand times before and will be said another thousand times (no PvP is not the same).

/whineoff

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
PenrithRM said:
I haven't tried beta and i haven't even kept track of the development of DDO, but, i will be leaving DAoC for it.

/whineon

Reason/s?

GoA. I love DAoC, i will always love DAoC and it saddens me that i will be leaving it quite soon. GoA are the reason, i don't think Mythic should have gone with them (and no i don't want to buy a US copy and play over there for the latest patches and better CS, i shouldn't have to).

Cluster. Excal/Prydwen should never have been clustered. I pay a subscription to be able to play 100% of a game not 33.3333%. I can only play 1 realm at a time (no i shouldn't have to play PvP or Classic).

Patches. The implementation of patches staggered to accomodate French, German, Spanish & Italian, when in essence the English servers should be updated within a week of the US patches. There is only one reason they don't do this which i'll let you work out for yourselves. If they started doing this i would stay, maybe they should do this on Excal/Prydwen as an incentive to play on the damn server, let's face it and get our heads from up our arses and see Classic destroyed the English cluster!

Lack of co-op server. Been said a thousand times before and will be said another thousand times (no PvP is not the same).

/whineoff

should have gone with mythic long ago if thats the way you feel as they offer all what you seem to want from the game

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
I agree with him.

Why should we ? When it's our primetime it's not theres...

Anyway, I think I would leave too just for the fact daoc is falling to bits and i wnna play with all my mates again in the same game :(

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
popa said:
btw dnd is 4 xbox 360 or ps3 not 4 pc

:twak:

I signed up for the BETA ages ago but never got an email back so never really bothered with it after that.

Would love to find a new MMORPG to play, but it seems nothing can beat DAoC for me still.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
DDO is for Dungeons and Dragons Hardcore Fans. There is only one big City....nothingelse. And there is nothing to do for Solo Players.You need a Group everywhere.

Nothing special!

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
im in the beta and my opinion ... dUMP!
gfx are crap, game play is boring etc etc, no way will even cut close to daoc

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
i really dont see how you can compare the two. they are completely different.

its like saying Microsoft Flightsimulator is going to be the end of Mario 64!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom