Advice DLNA issues

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Anyone else having a problem with missing folders when using DLNA? Whenever I try to see my video folders on either my SmartTV ,my PS3 or my tablet; I get some files and folders but not others. There doesn't seem to be a logic to it either; its not a date thing or a file format thing (I have a mix of avi and MKV but both go missing). I'm guessing the problem is either the PC (yes I still have all my videos on my main desktop PC, because I'm too cheap/don't have time to buy a NAS), or the router (a Netgear rangemax). The latter seems more likely, but I don't know why.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
PS3 connected wirelessly?

What media server are you running on the PC?

DaGaffer

PS3 connected wirelessly?

What media server are you running on the PC?

Yes its wireless between devices (although the PS3 and the TV are physically connected to the router, and the PC is wireless). I'm using WMP because its supposed to work now.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Have you tried PS3 media server and / or TVersity to see if the problem persists?

Not that I think the wireless has anything to do with it, but media streaming to the PS3 from my PC was ropey over a wireless connection. I went wired, fixed the issue.

DaGaffer

Nah, its not performance, because the files I do see work fine. I used to use PS3 Media server, but tbh that wouldn't work for my TV. I've been reading up and it seems it might be a Netgear specific issue; I'll do some more digging.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Use Serviio, it has a "folders" option in it's menus that allows you to use the actual directory structure.

If you're on a netgear it probably runs MiniDLNA which will not list files it can't play afair which is a fair few as it won't transcode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom