DLGamer brief catacombs outage:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
DLgamer-oot said:
Hello everyone, i just wanted to say that we have put DAoC Catacombs on preorder on our site for a few minutes.

The site didn't explode, the serial keys didn't vanish :), it's just that the speed of download for the latest clients (40kb/s) is way lower than what we accept as a standard.

Our technical team is working on setting up additionnal download servers right now and everything will be up and running very soon.
The time limit i have set for the techies before i start to randomly shoot them is within 1h30 at the most.

Feel free to contact support@dlgamer.com for any difficulties except the one i am advertising with this post.

Reposting this as it'll be lost in the above thread.

Madonion

Fledgling Freddie
Those of us mid downloading will our downloads resume once the servers are backup again ?

thanks

XhitmanX

Banned
DLgamer-oot said:
Yap, no worries there :)
I would buy one too if they werent £5 more then the game for just a key and a d/l where can you get the client anywhere anyway.

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
XhitmanX said:
I would buy one too if they werent £5 more then the game for just a key and a d/l where can you get the client anywhere anyway.
by my reckoning, actually only 79p more, at the current exchange rate (1 GBP = 1.44319 EUR )

plus, the fact you actually get it today and not have to actually give the idiotic UK retailers the pleasure of your cash.

Kcinimodus

Fledgling Freddie
XhitmanX said:

Fyi Catacombs costs 30 euro in the shops in Holland, so they offer it for the same price. You should be happy you can get the box cheaper than us (if you wait till first of april).

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Yep, its a good offer. I ordered mine from Cdon.com though. Which is one of the other sites mentioned on camelot-europe. Its the exact same price there. But I'd definitely just order keys on DLGamer if I didn't already preorder on cdon.com.

Attle

Fledgling Freddie
Seems like they are out of keys now, looks like there is a preorder for 29:th of march now :( well, atleast I got 1 out of 6 copies.

Bloodhunter

Banned
hmmmm was DLing and at about 400mb it stoped and messege poped saying Donwload ok!!!...somthing, i pressed ok and it stoped, now says "You have already download all items fot this order!" wtf?

and no part 2 also...

any1 can help me and tell how to dl clinet from goa server maybe? update.dat somthing right? :p :p

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Same problem here :(...

Can't se a re-download option although I'm looking hard

Worst thing is, I'd been downloading since half 10 this morning :(

Attle

Fledgling Freddie
Do it the easy way.

Open your file named update.dat with notepad and change the lines

Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/atlantis/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/atlantis/mpatch.dat

to

Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/catacombs/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/catacombs/mpatch.dat

Much faster way to download if you allready got the key and a much smaller download is necessary about 880 mb instead of 2.3 gb.

Have fun and gl.

Btw.. im downloading in this way at 400+ kb/s
instead of dlgamer.com's 130 kb/s.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

sweet:D <hugs> thanks for the help guys^^ i just feel sorry for DL gamer mr i would be punching people by now. very stressful.
some people just dont understand so theyr having a go

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
how can i have the same content with a 880 mb patch and 2gigs of files?

Attle

Fledgling Freddie
Zil said:
how can i have the same content with a 880 mb patch and 2gigs of files?

Simply because most files on the cd is the same files you have in your ToA folder.

The download from dlgamer.com is whole cd's, while with the update method you just dl the files that are needed for Catacombs.

Asal Vega

Fledgling Freddie
i cant see how the content is the same as previous poster said.. also how would u get/play the Catacombs client if ure pathcing on an excisting client (SI-ToA) ??

Meldarn

Fledgling Freddie
I've just tried changing the update.dat file but it stopped on a file named fig006.mpk and would not go any further. I've restarted the patcher a few times but it still wont get past this file - has anyone else had the same problem? (and is any kind person able to send me the offending file? PM me please if so!)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Meldarn said:
I've just tried changing the update.dat file but it stopped on a file named fig006.mpk and would not go any further. I've restarted the patcher a few times but it still wont get past this file - has anyone else had the same problem? (and is any kind person able to send me the offending file? PM me please if so!)

delete the file on your machine and try again?

Asal Vega

Fledgling Freddie
Attle said:
Simply because most files on the cd is the same files you have in your ToA folder.

The download from dlgamer.com is whole cd's, while with the update method you just dl the files that are needed for Catacombs.

how do u start the Catacombs client then? if ure patching on a SI/ToA client.. im prolly well daft for asking, i just cant see how :confused:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Asal Vega said:
how do u start the Catacombs client then? if ure patching on a SI/ToA client.. im prolly well daft for asking, i just cant see how :confused:

catacombs client = ToA client + 900 meg of changed files.

Attle

Fledgling Freddie
Asal Vega said:

See my first post in this thread.

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Big cheer for both GOA for organising this, and also DLGamer.com for getting it set up so fast.

Just sent the following e-mail to DLGamer:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 25 March 2005 18:59
To: 'order@dlgamer.com'
Subject: Excellent service for Catacombs

Dear DLGamer.com,

On behalf of myself and also the entire of my guild (Hibernian Dragon Slayers on Prydwen server) I would like to thank you guys for the excellent service you have provided on a very short notice. I was able to purchase 4 copies of the Catacombs expansion (not all for myself hehe) within minutes of reading the news on the homepage at camelot-europe.com.

I hope the entire process hasn't put any stress on you, and I'd ignore any of the complaints from anyone who has been sending any abusive e-mails to yourselves, they have no right to do so, and I can only think they are trying to relieve some of the stress that has been building up since a certain UK retail outlet took it upon themselves to mess up the entire of the UK release of the "Dark Age of Camelot: Catacombs" expansion. Infact, people like that shouldn't be allowed a credit card lol

I hope you can continue to provide a similar service for any further expansions that may be released, and I will definitely be using your 'shop' for any future purchases I will be making, and recommending it to others.

Regards,

Liam McVicker
Usp/Culian
Prydwen Server, Dark Age of Camelot, EU.

Nice one guys :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
always had confidence it would turn out ok in the end :p

Meldarn

Fledgling Freddie
I did try deleting the offending file - but the patcher just trys to download it then gives me the error message about not being able to complete the product update :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Meldarn said:
I did try deleting the offending file - but the patcher just trys to download it then gives me the error message about not being able to complete the product update :(

have you got spare disk space? not really sure :(
could try RightNow they might know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom