Games Divinity Original sin

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
dont think its a diablo clone really, its a different kind of game, slower pace, more role-playee
Well, i guess the turn based combat brings it closer to fallout then diablo. But the random and usually utterly worthless loot certainly brings diablo to mind (but thank god for reload cheating for good gear in chests). :)

Got the game a few days ago and well, it's not horrible. The camera control could certainly be a lot better. Mob interaction in combat is a bit of a swing and miss as well. God how often have i tried attacking a mob only for it to "twitch" at the wrong second and have me MOVE instead, wasting action points....

Not a massive fan of the two henchmen skill allocation either. Makes playing most of the source hunter classes extremely hard at first if you want anything close to an optimal set of skills that you almost have to have even on normal difficulty.

And then there's the quests, the writing is pretty damn good and i love it for that. But sheesh you have to guess a lot. Most side quests don't even tell you roughly where you need to go or who you need to talk to. Or they give a hint on who but not where.

Lastly, FUCKING ROCK PAPER SCISSORS?!?!?!?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I've sunk some hours into this, not as many as I probably should have given that its pretty much my ideal game, and I think its good.

Writing actually seems a bit wonky sometimes for my tastes. It certainly doesn't do any hand-holding which is a rare thing nowadays and I feel a good asset to have. Combat is fun and tactical, I have only played hard mode and have had to approach fights in several ways occasionally. Story is a bit tosh but I hope it thickens out a bit later on.

I had to restart several times as character creation is pretty in depth, and without reading up on what skills really do what, I had a few mis-fires and didn't want to horribly gimp myself later on (some people may disagree with this but I want to make a single player game I play as enjoyable as possible!)

Camera can be a bit erratic, its workable, however and at the end of the day, its an isometric RPG so you should really know what to expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom