Film District 9 - They terk errrr jerrrrrrrrbs

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Just been to see this with the ex girlfriend (don't ask), must say I'm impressed with how random yet entertaining it all was.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
There is a R5 release with hardcoded english subs for the alien parts yes ;)

Yeah got that, defo recommend this release, perfect quality whilst streaming through the xbox from laptop.
Absolutely class movie like, the effects were amazing really is scary what they can do now.
First time in a while I have watched a film and thought that I have never seen anything really like it before, obviously theres been alien movies and documentary style movies and such before, but with it being in South Africa and such a wierd story and the style of the movie I really enjoyed it.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Exactly, I also thought he was perfect.

I swear to god all the Saffers say "fuck" or "fucking" like scouser's. Do you sound scouse when you swear Dys?

Totally foookin' yes, and what a great film!!! Loved it :)

00dave

I am actually obsessed with the south african accent now lol.

did anyone else like some of the little touches, like the father alien showing his son the picture of district 10 and saying "see that tent, that could be ours" trying to reassure him.

And the entire sequence with the alien battle armour was just fookin awesome

Damini

Part of the furniture
And shockingly, nobody has yet linked to the short 2005 film which inspired District 9.

I shall remedy this at once :)

YouTube - alive in joburg

Also, the main actor... this was only his second film. His second! I think he played the role amazingly well.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Just back from the cinema, and I am stil getting goose bumps thinking about it.

The big thing for me was how good it was against howmuch was spent. No wannbe legends floating around just for the pay check. Main character never felt like he was acting, it all felt so real, the emotion and the swearing constantly when under pressure.

Having not seen anything about the film it was great to sit there and watch it develop, moving your feelings away from caring about the humans over to wanting the aliens to be saved.

My only fear is that hollywood will throw big bucks at whoever to get the sequel and totally destroy it.

Great movie, lol scenes, gross out scenes, superbly shot action scenes and it didn't have any shitty love scene in it either.

Five stars from me!!

00dave

Yay finally a film we can all agree is really good.

Contender for FH film of the year?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Got around to seeing this the other day. Ok I was wrong about it. This is a very good film. The racism comparison might at first seem a bit heavy handed but then generally there is nothing subtle about racism anyway as in many countries racism is very in-your-face.

I will definately be watching out for Sharlto Copley as I was really impressed by him. At the start of the film you just want to smack him one (the abortion scene is quite chilling in its offhand manner) but by the end of it you are rooting for him. It should be interesting to see how he handles Howling Mad Murdock in The A-Team (2010)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I thought this film was fecking awesome eh bru.

Between the saffers and the Nigerian cat food scam I was laughing all the way through.

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
Brilliant, super fab. Just felt real, and I love those sorts of films. Recommend it to all.

Adari

Part of the furniture
i mean i thought id watch 10 mins of it before going to bed, and im now realising i saw the entire film in one go just staring at my screen without even pausing to get a drink

i liked the first half of it the most, what a great actor also

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I swear to god all the Saffers say "fuck" or "fucking" like scouser's. Do you sound scouse when you swear Dys?

No! :eek:

Saffa's dont sound anything like Scousers!

This was a great film!
Jo'burg really was the perfect place to make this film....it really does look like that shit!

Yaka

Part of the furniture
got the bluray disc for this thru the post, easily the best film if seen in a while,
the ound effect were preety damn good for the last half as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom