[discussion] Sunday 2nd

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Please discuss yesterday's goings on in here - keep it flame free or I get angwy!

Reasonable discussion, not mindless "ffs!! waah!" :)

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
Was a really fun sunday in ToA lots of crossdressing albs there, The mids ´n hibs took advantage of us being on ML raid with gimpy clothes, and they conquered the relics from albs. Gratz to my fellow albs who got ML1-4+6 done, and gratz to the mids for taking both their relics + alb power relic, and last but not least gratz to Hibs for taking their str relic + alb str relic, however you/they should have taken the last relic as well... bit gimpy to se hurb still have a relic when our own relics are gone... :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I foresee a great number of Mids and Hibs who will post here to gloat. ;)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
A few points to bare in mind from the other thread.

Eggy said:
Can I stress one thing.

I am not held responsible for any RVR attacks carried out during the raids. I don't 'care' if "57 on Berks" - if you want to defend, you know how to /bg quit and port CS.

Whenever I do ML raids mids/hibs take the opportunity to attack. If I said "CANCELLED GO GO SURS", they would just do it next ML rush.

Logic.

Golena said:
If people are expected to drop all their plans everytime the relics come under siege, it's unlikely any large PvE events will ever get run.

Eggy said:
Here's a mad, nay impossible (?!) way of looking at things:

My ML rush was planned way in advance. I guess probably 60-70% of the people there logged on specifically to get their char MLed. It's all very well for someone with TOAed chars to say "FFS OMG LOG AND HELP THE RELICS", but that means dee-diddly-squat to "Dave the scout" who plays once a week. One of the reasons I play is to challenge myself in my raid leading. Doing 5 MLs in a day is great, and people appreciate that.

Just because relics exist doesn't mean everyone should be expected to defend them. Quite frankly I'm sick of all the whine. My raids are obviously the most popular around; and mids/hibs are known for planning relic raids during them.

Well if you think after 5 hours on a train at 6:30am getting home from a party, (with the full and sole intention of helping 200+ people do their MLs while using up my free time), I'm just going to drop it all because some Alb keeps are under siege, you really don't have your head screwed on straight.

I made a disclaimer in my initial post to stop any type of whine relating to this.

Stop being so selfish. If the Alb majority really TRULY gave a shit about the relics; they would have left for the frontiers. Simple as, end of

FYI I dropped the ML raid and went to defend untill it was clear that hurb was being held by a good enough alb force, then I logged for IRL stuff.

and I didnt drop the ml raid and go to defend for the reason you'd expect either - I logged because the bg was full and others where wanting to join - I didnt need ml's on my pally all that badly so I left to make room for someone else, not just for the sole reason that the relics where under attack.

As far as I'm concerned we held the relics for long enough, even though I believe that, I am not going to say that people shouldnt defend the relics, after all its what I did, but if people choose to stay on the ml raid rather than defend the relics, no one has the right to tell them to do otherwise.

As quoted by many many people before me: "The day you pay my subs is the day you can tell me what to do", that holds true for everyone on the ml raid yesterday.

You may not like people staying on the raid while we're losing the relics, but its not your call to decided if what they did was "right" or "wrong".

Just my opinion.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
The BG whine last night was unbelieveable!! - it was the ultimate in whine after whine after whine, all about how eggy had lost us the relics, well guess what albs - WAKEUPANDSMELLTHECOFFEE - in the long run - ML's >>>> relics - with ML's you can compete more effectivly, the relics will be reset after cluster - so who actually gives a toss!!

What albs should be doing is how to conquer the hibguard alliance that has appeared in our frontiers, and not be whinging about what is lost. Mids and hibs where zerging EVERYWHERE -you had a fight with a group of hibs, and along would come some mids, likewise when you fought a group of mids - a fg of hibs would come along.

BUT im not whinging, i want to get all of our keeps back - then work on getting our relics back - but hey -im just a roleplayer :)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:
The BG whine last night was unbelieveable!! - it was the ultimate in whine after whine after whine, all about how eggy had lost us the relics

Did my best most of the day to keep bg whine free and positive, made one comment about the FH post made saying the MLs wouldn't be stopped for relic raids - not even about the MLs themselves or not stopping them - and got savaged by the Synergy guys in the bg.

As I said in the earlier threads, the rifts this is causing will be the really damaging thing for Albion.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Was a good ML raid yersterday. I'm glad the relic have gone because it will inject much needed mid and hib numbers into the frontiers. So instead of the std 4 opt'ed groups running as the only enemy we will get some fresher grps running.

Should be alot more fun for all who rvr imo. A breath of fresh air.

I'd rather have 0 relics and enemy's to fight than 6 relics and no enemy's.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Calaclya said:
Was a good ML raid yersterday. I'm glad the relic have gone because it will inject much needed mid and hib numbers into the frontiers. So instead of the std 4 opt'ed groups running as the only enemy we will get some fresher grps running.

/agree

/sex

Calaclya said:

Thing is mids do run even though we didnt have relics ;) albs been dead the last day :<

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:
/agree

/sex

...i wouldnt.....hes aparently a bit 'looser' after his fun evening on saturday night....

summat to do with fists??

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
CBA anymore, Albions obviously not worth wasting energy over any longer, hopefully the cluster will bring some Albs worth fighting next to.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I wouldn't bet on it, Kagato, Albion on Prydwen displays only apathy towards realm defense. HW has been a near-constant host to iRvR for practically months now. I am actually looking forward to Alb/Excalibur to raise morale of the clustered Albion realm as whole, let's hope I am not let down in this. :)

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
in my opinion, you albs are looking at this in the wrong way

The morale in mid recently has been very low and the inbalance in my eyes that relics have is to much, personally rvr for me wasn't fun because any random fire wiz with decent gear could 2 shot me. Nevermind the mids who have rog gear and run in random groups who just get farmed and insta killed, hence they don't rvr.

However, the victory on sunday has given a huge moral boost to mid and i wouldn't be suprised if u see a lot more trying rvr especially those who took part in the relic/keep takes because it was a lot of fun :)

All levels came to join in, saw a few level 30 ish warriors and thanes all chipping in to help out, great experience for those who haven't been involved in mass scale raids.

As i said earlier the rvr should now be a lot more fun and hopefuly you'll seek revenge instead of whinging and enjoy the game!

We'll be waiting! :worthy:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Arumos said:

The morale in mid recently has been very low and the inbalance in my eyes that relics have is to much, personally rvr for me wasn't fun because any random fire wiz with decent gear could 2 shot me. Nevermind the mids who have rog gear and run in random groups who just get farmed and insta killed, hence they don't rvr.

However, the victory on sunday has given a huge moral boost to mid and i wouldn't be suprised if u see a lot more trying rvr especially those who took part in the relic/keep takes because it was a lot of fun :)

All levels came to join in, saw a few level 30 ish warriors and thanes all chipping in to help out, great experience for those who haven't been involved in mass scale raids.

As i said earlier the rvr should now be a lot more fun and hopefuly you'll seek revenge instead of whinging and enjoy the game!

Absolutely. You did a good job in Mid, big congratulations from me :) Always nice to get a reply from you Arumos; very mature player.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Kagato said:
CBA anymore, Albions obviously not worth wasting energy over any longer, hopefully the cluster will bring some Albs worth fighting next to.
What, the big pole dosent hit hard enough without 3 relics? :fluffle:

Regarding that "Hibgard" thingy.. Tbh, mids started it, hibs took advantage of the situation.
Can anyone remember how hib frontier looked like when the relics was set free a few weeks after NF release? alb/mid 50/50 keep share..
So go back in your bed and get some real tears out of ya systems :)

Marc said:
its not like we can take them back at 4am now is it :D
WhyYouLittle!! :twak:

Marc

FH is my second home
Kagato said:

Because the majority of albs wanted to go on eggys ML rush? This was always bound to happen as its happened on nearly all of eggys big ML raids. I think you are being a bit to hard on your realm mates mate. Anyway, its not like we can take them back at 4am now is it :D

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:

Diddums :(

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
What people don't understand seems to be the efforts of people like Kagato over weeks to keep the relics to then discover that actually there are 200 of your realm 'mates' who don't actually care.

It's the hours spent repairing walls/gates etc, of endlessly retaking keeps so that the relics aren't vulnerable. Then you discover you were actually wasting your time cos noone cared. That for me is what leaves me feeling disappointed in the realm and will make some of us reassess the efforts we put in because we thought people cared.

I'm not blaming people, as I said in the earlier thread people pay their subs and make their choices but what happened yesterday will I know mean far fewer people prepared to spend their time (and money) fixing doors and walls. But so few give a damn about them I guess that doesn't really matter anyway.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Javai said:
What people don't understand seems to be the efforts of people like Kagato over weeks to keep the relics to then discover that actually there are 200 of your realm 'mates' who don't actually care.

It's the hours spent repairing walls/gates etc, of endlessly retaking keeps so that the relics aren't vulnerable. Then you discover you were actually wasting your time cos noone cared. That for me is what leaves me feeling disappointed in the realm and will make some of us reassess the efforts we put in because we thought people cared.

I'm not blaming people, as I said in the earlier thread people pay their subs and make their choices but what happened yesterday will I know mean far fewer people prepared to spend their time (and money) fixing doors and walls. But so few give a damn about them I guess that doesn't really matter anyway.

and here you go whinging again!!!!! :touch:

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:
and here you go whinging again!!!!! :touch:

Was not a whinge was an explanation of how some people in Albion feel about yesterday. Which I thought was the topic?

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:

so because 200 realm mates want to go to a fun PVE event for 1 day you think none of us ever spend endless hours reparing keeps/towers taking keeps/towers/relics for the realm? tbh, I bet lots of those "defending" our relic's are the people who always run around yelling don't add we are duel and stuff like that. I love zerg vs zerg fights they always fun imo, but I need ML's alot more then I need the relics, cause more ML's = i'm better in RVR vs. those RR12 ML10 enemy's.
The endless nights I've been standing solo with 2 chars to repair a wall on surs or eras cause the people of albion can't be bothered to help fix it so it could be done in 30 min instead of me spending 3hours+ on it, then NO I don't care about our relics, if people would spend some time reparing our keeps after a siege well maybe then I would care. and btw read the patch notes for next patch we getting lot's of love (not only alb all 3 realms) those who RVR get's something for it now...
Kagato said:
what energy is the solo don't leach alb saying he's spending?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Arumos said:

Save the pet talks for hibgard, the only moral i've seen from mids is a bunch of immature laugh-spammers, gloating over over a victory they couldn't of got without hibernia.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Kagato said:
Save the pet talks for hibgard, the only moral i've seen from mids is a bunch of immature laugh-spammers, gloating over over a victory they couldn't of got without hibernia.

Ummm. Its PEP talks not pet. Arumos actually posted a good reply, unlike yours. Go feed your buzzard and chill a bit.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:

I think someone is upset, but keep up the crying, its fun to read it. :m00:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Long live hibgard.... or maybe not?

sshot260.jpg

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:
Ummm. Its PEP talks not pet. Arumos actually posted a good reply, unlike yours. Go feed your buzzard and chill a bit.

Its a hawk actually

noaim said:
I think someone is upset, but keep up the crying, its fun to read it. :m00:

Thankyou for proving my point nicely.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Kag, there were a lot of pissed off Albs yesterday so please don't flatter yourself that you were the only one bothered. I admit that losing the relics sucked but ffs surely you can't STILL be upset.

Why not try and put things in perspective a little. Shit happens but we all get over it. If it upsets you this much, maybe Barbies Undersea Adventures would be a more fitting game for you to play.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Dimmer said:
so because 200 realm mates want to go to a fun PVE event for 1 day you think none of us ever spend endless hours reparing keeps/towers taking keeps/towers/relics for the realm? tbh, I bet lots of those "defending" our relic's are the people who always run around yelling don't add we are duel and stuff like that. I love zerg vs zerg fights they always fun imo, but I need ML's alot more then I need the relics, cause more ML's = i'm better in RVR vs. those RR12 ML10 enemy's.
The endless nights I've been standing solo with 2 chars to repair a wall on surs or eras cause the people of albion can't be bothered to help fix it so it could be done in 30 min instead of me spending 3hours+ on it, then NO I don't care about our relics, if people would spend some time reparing our keeps after a siege well maybe then I would care. and btw read the patch notes for next patch we getting lot's of love (not only alb all 3 realms) those who RVR get's something for it now...

what energy is the solo don't leach alb saying he's spending?

yes, I've always seen favail screaming "don't add" at the top of her lungs at the 60 odd people she's leading for a keep retake... but they just don't listen!

oh wait, no...

It's your playtime, your subs but even being farmed by cheeselocks or alarm clock raids (the proper 200 people at 7am ones) can't have anything near the same effect on realm morale as having your hard work made all for naught because very few of your realm mates wanted to leave their ml raid and heaven forbid get their mlxp or ml steps another time.

Noone should be expected to be out there defending all the time, or even any of the time - but it'd be nice if people thought about how they're letting down the poor sod that repaired those holes in berkstead wall, or fixed up those towers - these things give nothing to the person that does it apart from a thought that they're helping their realm.

Edit: at least you've been there repairing the walls ;) you've earned your "sorry, busy today" ;)

I have no doubt someone somewhere would be whining still, but I know I'd be much happier if we'd at least put out some sort of defence yesterday - even if it was a belated one to save the milegates. Those of us there tried, but the odds just weren't with us - any tactics we tried were foiled by some impressively timed mid attacks (the situation at renaris is enough to make even the non paranoid assume the bg was compromised).

There's little enough in the game to make a realm gather together it's a shame to just throw away the few moments that there are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom