[discussion] soloing, stealth zerging, adding and agramon

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Downanael said:
So i'm the total retard when i get added on/want to go out alone?

Thanks man,i really was expecting you be more civilized

The other day I went out to RvR wielding a bronze weapon - and everyone else still insisted on using 16.5dps ones! lame imo.

if you want to get 1v1 fights you can't pick where you get them - you have to go looking.

This is an RvR game there is no "ownership" of fights in RvR.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Gear said:
I'll say it again, if you want "clean" fights, why don't you come to boldiam area? It's not 100% add free, but it's much better than agramon.

Yes, some FGs come there as well, I'm not saying that you have to stay in the middle of nowhere begging to get rolled, there are many places to hide while watching for inc.

won't be fair fights though, no such thing :) (even a fairly balanced fight won't be completely "fair")

but yeah it's nice to go there for a 1v1 just to remind myself that a crossbow armsman at rr3 isn't going to win vs a rr8 kitemaster :p or a rr7 strafemaster or a duo of warlocks :(

Edit: that came over a bit negative - it is fun roaming there and I do sometimes get lucky ;)

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:
So you calling me one now too,must be something to do with being Mid,i totally understood his post,and if i go out there and get added i miss the "skill" and be too stupid to learn it apparently.
LOL. You have a problem understanding what people wrights. NONE of us called you a retard. So again maybe, just maybe you are a retard.

Matriarch|Sneakers said:
The real fun question is, what is the diffrence in challenge playing 2 fg on stick killing full groups and small grps alt. soloers and playing some random shit game vs the computor then telling anyone else who likes a challenge to stfu and whatelese.

To be honest the "we are a realm and we are at holy war against the hordes of midgard" is just a bad excuse.
If I was horribly bad I'd find away to make my zerging legit in the eyes of others with lame and far fetched excuses... ;)

16 vs 8 is easier then 8 vs 8, ( 1:1 ratio ) so in other words u choose a easy way if u zerg ppl that play for fair fights. ( I cant say I mean all the time, every thing has its time and place - but for the ppl brining thier clueless /stick zergs to agramon and only winning fights b/c they have more sheep in the waggon ZzZz ) If ppl were realyl childish and everytime they got zerged and instead of going to FH making constructive posts about it ( atleast trying ) they would counter zerg:
Scenario, u get zerged by a force two times ur own nummber - then u add more men so ur twice the openents nummber - the consequence is zone crash, lagg, and proberly a server crash and no1 will have fun.

**Well i dont mean all this 100% serious and i do generelaize but whats what u do when u want t make a point and not just agree with everyone**

Bah, wasn't really whining about zergs and unfair fights, none of that can be helped depending on how people play. Was mainly pissed when people tell you to go play another game just because you play daoc differently to other people :p

Baldrian said:
Yes there is, just dont expect others that also pay for the game to go out of their way to make YOUR gameexperience better, thats your job, not everybody elses.

Its not like the High RR set groups stay away when the low RR zerg does some keep sieging is it? no no they come straight away to hit the 50 odd people in the back killing them all destroying the siege totally. But we dont come here whining over it and yes it is very often an RR7+ set group kill 20+ low RR peeps that try to get a few rps sieging since they dont wanna make a low RR group and get gangraped by the same 4 set groups over and over again.

Some enjoy this, some enjoy that. Dont tell people how to play and with all the whining some people do I am amazed not more of them leave.

wasn't really intended to be whining at anyone, i just think its stupid to say if you want 1v1's or 8v8's you should go play CS or soul calibur.

also i don't expect people to play just to help me get a head in the game, they play how they want but it would also be nice for them not totally ruining my game whe i play 1v1 (fg chaining me for example)

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
All theese problems ppl have. and agramon, I havent even been there yet. tried 2 times, got to bridge, dead.

But I tend to agree to the thing about zerging Agramon...unless you went to kill that dude there.

Zergs are for keeps and shit, you dont roam with zerg, really no point. But ofc you can run into a zerg that is moving from 1 place to another and yes they will prolly kill you on the spot, only takes 1 person to start it.

Whispers

Fledgling Freddie
I still think it would be nice to have an area like an instance arena where u can duel 1o1 without gettig zerged. would really be fun dont u folks think?

Stallker

Fledgling Freddie
Xajorkith said:
DAoC is not about honour, it’s about Midgard V Albion V Hibernia, those that disagree should sod off and play something else.

If you want add free 1 v 1, D E L E T E and play Soul Calibur 2 on your X-Box / PS or GC
If you want add free 8 v 8, D E L E T E and play Counter Strike on your PC

If you want total anarchy that DAoC brings and never knowing what is going to happen next, continue to play RvR.

If you whine about adds, it's because you haven't got the skill to:
Take the adds on,
Get away from the adds,
Pick your fight away from the adds
Fight where your realm mates are around to add on your adds
So I suggest you learn new skills!

If you're one of those that will watch an R10 (insert assassin stealther class here) with say 20% melee bonus spanking a R3 (insert archer class here) in SI gear and won't help your fellow archer "out of honour" for a fair 1 v 1 fight. I'd say buy a fecking rocket and come back to earth cos you ain't on the same planet as me.

If you EVER see me fighting then feel free to help me out, if I EVER see a mid / Mids and they look like they are in trouble I will always help. No person (especially those found on these boards) will persuade me to behave otherwise.

PM (Vpr etc) keep zerging solo Mids at Agramon Bridges, Albs (Feya etc) keep sat all snug in your Beno tower with your four archer mates and your DI bots tryingh to leach…. I know you're there so I can avoid ya…. Unless I’m in an FG ;) (Usually visual) then I'm afraid you all will die.

Imho this is the right idea, its a us vs them game not a honour bound solo/FG rvr game cos that kind of attitude to be honest cuts out the casual player because for most people to get a FG together to RVR is just not going to happen.

If someone sees me fighting and they add one me then tbh im happy cos its a realm mate, here to help each other out and play as a realm/team. Same goes for if i see another alb fighting a hib or mid I will add to my hearts content as we are a realm and a team. FG fights I always have addedon and always will, its 1. Fun and 2. I have never ever been left alone when runnin solo thru agrammon by a FG so why on earth shud i leave the FG's alone?

just my 2 cents

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Whispers said:
I still think it would be nice to have an area like an instance arena where u can duel 1o1 without gettig zerged. would really be fun dont u folks think?
would be hard to make work...

if you couldn't pick your fights - people would take vamps and warlocks and ml9 sorcs and slaughter anyone foolish enough to bring something else.

if you could pick your fights people would only fight where they can win easily.

might be mitigated if it's just for fun/bragging rights rather than for rp - much less incentive to fix the odds (or much less irritation if you end up vs a warlock for example)

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
wasn't really intended to be whining at anyone, i just think its stupid to say if you want 1v1's or 8v8's you should go play CS or soul calibur.

also i don't expect people to play just to help me get a head in the game, they play how they want but it would also be nice for them not totally ruining my game whe i play 1v1 (fg chaining me for example)

Dont you think I get mad when I get killed by FGs when I run alone from 1 place to another because all our ports are gone? or RR10 soloers that think its a fair 1 vs 1 killing my RR3 scout. I yell and curse and scream and spit and cry and shit, well I dont shit but.....
But what I dont do is run straight to FH and make a thread about it, because that really dont help. The people that do it, will keep doing it anyway. the people that dont do it, do it anyway and say I do it because you do it...

Its not funny taking your low RR sorc for a little solo to kill mobs for arti exp, just to be gangraped by Salonice and sometimes a treesome vamping. But thats how he choose to play and he prolly feels good because he kan kill 5 ppl alone on his vamp and think, damn I am good. But you can be sure that if I spot a weird flying shar in alb frontier I kill on sight even if we run 8 ppl and I guess he accepts that too.

A sidenote though, if you did not make threads like this what the hell would I do at work?? I might actually have to...well...work. :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
16 vs 8 is easier then 8 vs 8, ( 1:1 ratio ) so in other words u choose a easy way if u zerg ppl that play for fair fights.

8 rr7+ on ventrilo who've played together for months v 8 people in a pug with no voicecomms is easier than 8 pug v 8 pug so in other words you choose the easy way if you run an opted group and use voicecomms.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Was mainly pissed when people tell you to go play another game just because you play daoc differently to other people :p
i just think its stupid to say if you want 1v1's or 8v8's you should go play CS or soul calibur.
Who said that ppl should play another game if you want 1v1's or 8v8's??
What has been said is that if you want ADD free 1v1's or 8v8's you should play other games. There is a big chance that you will get adds in DAoC and you just have to accept that. If you cant then maybe DAoC isn’t the game you should play.

it would also be nice for them not totally ruining my game whe i play 1v1 (fg chaining me for example)
If that’s their idea of fun then they should kill you with their FG. Most of the ppl out there will kill on sight and move on.
If you are getting chained YOU are doing something wrong. Play another char, join a grp or go somewhere else.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Whispers said:
Only if you could enter with a char and then pick the classes you wanted to fight.
1. SB enters the "Duel instance".
2. SB checks the "boxes": Infiltrator, Nightshade, Scout, Ranger.
3. SB checks the "boxes": rr4 and rr6 (He will fight rr4-6 ppl).
etc.
Then others could see that person on a list of duels with requirements.
When the second person enters the fight begins after XX secs.

illu

Part of the furniture
The general rules that I play the game are:
I need RP, I want to get to RR11 one day, I will give more mercy when I get to RR11 :>
I will occasionally not kill a low RR soloer, as it is a bit mean.
If I see a 1on1, 2on1, pretty much most fights, I will let it finish, and then if the winner/s has got his/their RPs, I will attack him/them.
If I come across an injured person in stealth that is solo and is lower RR than me, I will tend to leave them to heal up.
If I come across an injured person in stealth that is grouped or higher RR than me, I will attack.
I pretty much attack any archer/mincer/tank/caster if they stray away from their pals for the slightest moment :>
I will attack people like Kagato or Vamps either in or out of stealth, as these are "very tough" fights that I fully expect to lose, and obviously if you win, it is good.
If I attack someone, and someone adds helping me, I tend to pull out of the fight as 2on1 is a bit nasty. I then /slap the offender :>

These are pretty much the rules I play by, I don't expect anything off anyone else. I'm quite happy to sneak into an enemy stealther area and get jumped by 4 or 5, because if you kill one, it's pretty exciting :>

I have nothing against duo's, trio's, the only annoyance is sometimes you are fighting a 1on1 or a 2on1 on you, and a FG will pass by and steamroll you and you think - just what was the point....

Anyway, back to work

Oli - Illu

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
I've had alot of great 1on1 fights today, and I've had a couple ruined by FGs. Thats just how it is.

I enjoy the moments I can and I log if it gets too horrible. I wont add but I'm not telling people to FO off either if they do. I will however stop fighting an enemy if a mid adds.. and if an enemy adds I'll go for that one instead (if possible). Thats the way I choose to play.

/hug Matmardigan
/salute Infer, Shatterhand and Calaw (sorry about the spike calaw).
/laugh Winter (you know why :p )

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
illu said:
If I come across an injured person in stealth that is solo and is lower RR than me, I will tend to leave them to heal up.

what about us nutters that kinda forgot to spec stealth on their scout (and have very short range for some odd reason... anyone know what's up with that?)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:
won't be fair fights though, no such thing :) (even a fairly balanced fight won't be completely "fair")

but yeah it's nice to go there for a 1v1 just to remind myself that a crossbow armsman at rr3 isn't going to win vs a rr8 kitemaster :p or a rr7 strafemaster or a duo of warlocks :(

Edit: that came over a bit negative - it is fun roaming there and I do sometimes get lucky
imo get your smit0r of doom!
they will either cower in fear or burst out laughing :)

UriZeN

Fledgling Freddie
there was a time long ago that i purely insisted on 1v1 fights and i would even leave teammates die to keep it that way but that came to an end when i experienced what kiting meant,some ppl might remember that as it was the only whine thread i ever made!
With the present rvr state i must admitt that soloing is nearly impossible although i keep trying to solo at specific times of the day, but adding thats a different story since everyone can claim that he soloes but vfew can claim that they dont add, and since adding as i see it is respect other persons fun nm who he is i tend not to do it. Now all of u that claim that u get zerged steamrolled etc and u do the same thing when u are on ur grp char have u ever tried to NOTICE from which person u geting zerged from instead of blaming his entire realm for that? guess not cause zerging fits u best and u need to justify it instead of beeing bold and admit how do u like to play.
I personaly think that xajorkith was the onlyone to do an honest statement in this post saying that he simply likes to add and zerg! As for me i dont like to zerg cause i dont know how but im trying to learn that and as for the few soloers left with some sense of respect for even fights they will keep taking the same respect back from me!

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
I couldn't care less if people add on a fight I'm in. It's part of the game. What pisses me off about the whole add/don't add thing is the hypocrasy. When people claim they only play for "fair" fights, and use that as a justification for bitching at anyone who adds on them, they are either a) Lying or b) Have very selective memory.

It's amusing that when so-called "fair fights only m8s" people add, they always have a ready-made justification ("the bard was close to a ding", "there were no other fgs out and we were bored", "I was watching the dog take a shit and when I looked back to my screen we had added")....and yet when anyone else adds they are "retards", "zerging n00bs" and/or "r0l3pl4y3rz". What is even funnier is that they haven't yet worked out that acting like a gobby twat is a guaranteed way to make sure people actively look for their fights just to add on them.

Ging

Part of the furniture
i have worked out i can pve till cluster!

UriZeN

Fledgling Freddie
Calaclya said:
i have worked out i can pve till cluster!

u can try rvr at morning or l8 at night and pve at primetime. Works for me when my grp mates are not online!!:touch:

Ging

Part of the furniture
UriZeN said:
u can try rvr at morning or l8 at night and pve at primetime. Works for me when my grp mates are not online!!:touch:

your greek and u smell :) Btw no more bind at house 60 as i kinda forgot to pay rent!

Isunder

Fledgling Freddie
Xajorkith said:
There's a third.... there's those such as myself that don't care about RPs and it's all about making sure that "my team" (Midgard Realm) wins. I'm a team (realm) player.

If my realm mates ask me (Hugme etc) not to add, then I won't even if they are loosing.

Why do they have to ask you? Why can't you ask them if they would like help before jumping in and steamrolling the poor soloer, you may be surprised by the answer.

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Isunder said:
Why do they have to ask you? Why can't you ask them if they would like help before jumping in and steamrolling the poor soloer, you may be surprised by the answer.

Randomnoob1: Do you need help?
Randomnoob2: 1212121212 dead.
Randomnoob1: ok nevermind too late now.

Farmacistu

Can't get enough of FH
Baldrian said:
Randomnoob1: Do you need help?
Randomnoob2: 1212121212 dead.
Randomnoob1: ok nevermind too late now.

I do not mind diying when fight was fair its just a game ppl some time forget that .

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
Matriarch|like fotball no serious footballer would think it was okey or fair to play 22 vs 11 ... :m00:[/QUOTE said:
once "leased" a player to opponents as they was a gimp short... yay Danish serie 5 ftw :worthy:

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
Hestethun said:
its kinda lol to see that some albs here defend the no add thing , and when they are out rving , they gang rape 1 man xDDDDD

got gang raped twice by around 2 fg's like 30 mins ago... so back at u i guess :cheers:

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
I've been solo most of my "carrier" (99% of the time)

Didn't play Jimmi for 2-3 months, but now I got his new template sorted and am ready to kick some arse. However, getting zerged by PAIN and PM isn't very fun, so I usually duo with Infer. Atleast we can take some out before we go down.

Soloing isn't as easy as in NF, due to the bridgehead-chokepoints, sadly. The milegates are usually totally empty, seeing as there's 6 of them and maybe 30 from each realm roaming agramon. However, I have had some pretty awesome 1 v 1 fights at AMG 1 & 2.

It is very discouraging tho, that PAIN feels the need to run a fg when I finally get some spare time to play DAoC. Like now, in the afternoon. Its a pity, and tbh I don't remember the "old" days like this--- atleast there were alot more soloers around.

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
Fenderon said:
I've had alot of great 1on1 fights today, and I've had a couple ruined by FGs. Thats just how it is.

I enjoy the moments I can and I log if it gets too horrible. I wont add but I'm not telling people to FO off either if they do. I will however stop fighting an enemy if a mid adds.. and if an enemy adds I'll go for that one instead (if possible). Thats the way I choose to play.

/hug Matmardigan
/salute Infer, Shatterhand and Calaw (sorry about the spike calaw).
/laugh Winter (you know why :p )

givf more 1vs1 Liowyn with lilmissnaughty charc and stop using malice i dont like it :p such a mean thing:D

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Farmacistu said:
I do not mind diying when fight was fair its just a game ppl some time forget that .

There is no such thing as a fair fight. ;) But I have also died countless of times with realmmates whatching. What Tried to point out was fights rarely take very long, so starting to chat in the middle of a fight at the same time as your hit your qbar keys for styles might be a little hard.

you say dont add on 1 vs 1, I say please add on all mine, I only have low RR chars and very rarely meet other low RR I could have a socalled fair fight with. There is no right or wrong, but its pretty hard to know who to help and who to not help. :) Hence you return to basics for guidelines. Realm vs realm game, ok better add. :) If you dont get what you want in a game, blame yourself for playing it, not others for not playing like you do.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
my first experience on excal was that i went out to rvsr on my lvl 47 sorc alone (nib, wasnt zerging + never ever played on exc before that oO) and got killed a few dozen times... Most of the time, i got killed by well known fg-s who want(ed) fair fights without adds.... well they didnt give a damn killing a soloer, let me say again never added on em before mainly cuz i never played on exc before :f ! But some months, years later the same ppl had the loudest voice on irc about ADDs, unfair fights bla bla bla and what so ever... how awfully stupid is that? :eek7:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom