[discussion] soloing, stealth zerging, adding and agramon

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Since we're getting about a thread every 2 seconds with FAO ADDCOXXOR YOU ZERGED MY SOLOER! here's a discussion thread.

no personal attacks - that means no "omgz! you added on me!" or "ffs lamor what you posting shite for?!"

Discussion, not flames ;)

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Since we're getting about a thread every 2 seconds with FAO ADDCOXXOR YOU ZERGED MY SOLOER! here's a discussion thread.

no personal attacks - that means no "omgz! you added on me!" or "ffs lamor what you posting shite for?!"

Discussion, not flames ;)

Think your hoping for a bit much tbh Flim:)

Ging

Part of the furniture
Soloing - its fun

Gingy - Cabalist - 50 - RR2L6 (sc'ed but some artis still need some xp)
Sunday morning stats

Time played 2h 45min
Total rp earned 67 :)) I was near a tower when albs got it (surs) )
Total rp form Kills 0
Deathblows 0
Deaths 16

I solo'ed! :)
Ofc it could be that im just a shit player :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
looks like my usual total ging ;)

though I did kill something once by accident I think (it tripped and fell on a crossbow bolt)

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, one day a long time ago I was playing my hunter. I was having a nice 1 vs. 1 fight when NP steamroled the fight. Before that I respected FG vs. FG fights and 1 vs. 1 fights.
About 1 hour later I was playing my Skald in a FG (GG) and we added on ALL NPs fights. OMG they whined :)
Anyways I add whenever I feel like adding and I don’t whine when ppl add on my fights. That’s the way I have chosen to enjoy this game.

Thumbs up for you ppl that fight for an “add free” environment, but you are fighting a lost cause.

Hint: If you run with a FG and you don’t want adds then don’t fight at the bridges. Go all the way to the island and fight there.

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
I expect adds on 90% of all my solo fights, and I do add on 90% of all fights I se, all the people who tend to whine afterwards usually meet my ignorelist, cause tbh can't be arsed to listed to their bullshit for 20 min, face it it's a war, if you where fighting someone RL and a friend came by and not helping you what would you feel then (answar is you woulden't feel anything as you would be dead)
so if you guys was your 90% cance of no adding then you should go somewhere thats not known to be camped by 99 stealters/casters etc all the time...

My wice words to you: "ADD me please, or i'll die... i'm a damn gimp!"

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Kathal said:
Hint: If you run with a FG and you don’t want adds then don’t fight at the bridges. Go all the way to the island and fight there.

and the evil circle has circled way too much.. many FGs whine about adds in their FG vs FG fights yet they steamroll soloers/duos if they see them (not all FGs do this, but enough do). This can of course be because soloers / duos have added on their FG vs FG fights earlier so they are annoyed.

Also FGs appear to get bored on the island and therefor run through the milegates towards beno/bled/crau.. is there less and less FG fights because some übergroups are killing the less-über groups over and over? I mostly see hib groups these days

Personally I'll stay solo for now, and I'll /clap at FGs that steamroll solo/duo people.. and I'll accept the /laugh I get in return if they get me. (good work btw! playing for a challenge! ;) )

I'm not blaming this on adds or FGs, there are not really any rules out there.. but many people have no reason to whine as they are no better themself.

also a /cheer goes out to the groups that spare the solopeople (got a feeling VF is many of the hib groups that does that).

As for soloers and stealthers.. I'm pretty bored of them/us camping the bridges closest to the keeps, must get alot of "Worth reduced RP" there. I've tried it and it really did suck.

..it's still not old emain, too much space and campspots before the milegates.

edit: to those saying that alb (stealther)s never solo.. thats bs. :)

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
flimgoblin should be renamed 1337goblin now... hes spamming a lot!!

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
DAoC is not about honour, it’s about Midgard V Albion V Hibernia, those that disagree should sod off and play something else.

If you want add free 1 v 1, D E L E T E and play Soul Calibur 2 on your X-Box / PS or GC
If you want add free 8 v 8, D E L E T E and play Counter Strike on your PC

If you want total anarchy that DAoC brings and never knowing what is going to happen next, continue to play RvR.

If you whine about adds, it's because you haven't got the skill to:
Take the adds on,
Get away from the adds,
Pick your fight away from the adds
Fight where your realm mates are around to add on your adds
So I suggest you learn new skills!

If you're one of those that will watch an R10 (insert assassin stealther class here) with say 20% melee bonus spanking a R3 (insert archer class here) in SI gear and won't help your fellow archer "out of honour" for a fair 1 v 1 fight. I'd say buy a fecking rocket and come back to earth cos you ain't on the same planet as me.

If you EVER see me fighting then feel free to help me out, if I EVER see a mid / Mids and they look like they are in trouble I will always help. No person (especially those found on these boards) will persuade me to behave otherwise.

PM (Vpr etc) keep zerging solo Mids at Agramon Bridges, Albs (Feya etc) keep sat all snug in your Beno tower with your four archer mates and your DI bots tryingh to leach…. I know you're there so I can avoid ya…. Unless I’m in an FG ;) (Usually visual) then I'm afraid you all will die.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Xajorkith said:
Take the adds on,
Get away from the adds,
Fight where you realm mates are around to add on your adds
So learn new skills.

So i'm the total retard when i get added on/want to go out alone?

Thanks man,i really was expecting you be more civilized

Well easy as this:

people that add play for the realmpoints and gain some sort of wierd satisfaction when they get alot of rps.
people that do not add play b/c they like rvr and fair fun and challenging fights were they get satisfaction when they kill some1 that had a fair chance and was not zerged or clearly outnummbered.

Thats how i see it atleast, no respect for anyone not soloing or playing 1:1 ratio rvr :p

Could take this as far as u want really, and use phsycologic terms and teorys to explain why ppl add and why some dont.

If u see daoc like a sport or any other game... like fotball no serious footballer would think it was okey or fair to play 22 vs 11 ... :m00:

Xajorkith said:
DAoC is not about honour, it’s about Midgard V Albion V Hibernia, those that disagree should sod off and play something else.

If you want add free 1 v 1, D E L E T E and play Soul Calibur 2 on your X-Box / PS or GC

If you want total anarchy that DAoC brings and never knowing what is going to happen next, continue to play RvR.

Take the adds on,
Get away from the adds,
Fight where you realm mates are around to add on your adds
So learn new skills.

If you're one of those that will watch an R10 (insert assassin stealther class here) with say 20% melee bonus spanking a R3 (insert archer class here) in SI gear and won't help your fellow archer "out of honour" for a fair fight. I'd say buy a fecking rocket and come back to earth cos you ain't on the same planet as me.

If you EVER see me fighting then feel free to help me out, if I EVER see a mid / Mids and they look like they are in trouble I will always help. No person (especially those found on these boards) will persuade me to behave otherwise.

PM keep zerging solo Mids at Agramon Bridges, Albs (Feya etc) keep sat all snug in your Beno tower with your four archer mates and your DI bots tryingh to leach…. I know you're there so I can avoid ya…. Unless I’m in an FG ;) then expect to die.

I don't agree to anything of the above, just think its seriously pure bullshit and i dont understand why we ( totally diff ppl with diff taste, values, intersts, whatever ) were even drawn to the same game :confused: :D

Fenderon said:
As for soloers and stealthers.. I'm pretty bored of them/us camping the bridges closest to the keeps, must get alot of "Worth reduced RP" there. I've tried it and it really did suck.

..it's still not old emain, too much space and campspots before the milegates.

edit: to those saying that alb (stealther)s never solo.. thats bs. :)

Well, then u got to ask urself the question - do i play b/c i get rps wich means nothing at all, or b/c i enjoy a fair fight where two ppl can engage eachoter in a quiet fair fight ( obviously it will never be 100% fair )

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
Well easy as this:

people that add play for the realmpoints and gain some sort of wierd satisfaction when they get alot of rps.
people that do not add play b/c they like rvr and fair fun and challenging fights were they get satisfaction when they kill some1 that had a fair chance and was not zerged or clearly outnummbered.

There's a third.... there's those such as myself that don't care about RPs and it's all about making sure that "my team" (Midgard Realm) wins. I'm a team (realm) player.

If my realm mates ask me (Hugme etc) not to add, then I won't even if they are loosing.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
If u see daoc like a sport or any other game... like fotball no serious footballer would think it was okey or fair to play 22 vs 11 ... :m00:

If u see daoc like a war or any other conflict... like ww2 no serious country would think twice about making sure they win the fight irrespective of numbrs ... :m00:

Three types of DAoC player
1 v 1
8 v 8
R v R

None will ever agree to play by the other's rules

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
Well easy as this:

Thats how i see it atleast, no respect for anyone not soloing or playing 1:1 ratio rvr :p

Could take this as far as u want really, and use phsycologic terms and teorys to explain why ppl add and why some dont.

Remember never to add when we zerg at keeps and stuff. stay far away you are not allowed at sieges. being defending or attacking. Please respect us zergers so you dont add. I really hate it when we are 100 vs 100 and some pissant archer/assassin adds making it unfair.

Did you ever consider how good the 11 feel when they still kill the 22 because of better skill or whatever? Whats better than winning a 1 vs 1? thats winning a 1 vs 2. and since soloers have skill and the others dont it should be no problem.

Xajorkith I actually agree with you and you being a mid and all, how weird is that. :p

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Come to bold and add on my fights, makes better footage really ;)

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
its kinda lol to see that some albs here defend the no add thing , and when they are out rving , they gang rape 1 man xDDDDD

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:
So i'm the total retard when i get added on/want to go out alone?

Thanks man,i really was expecting you be more civilized
Did he say you were??
If you don't understand his post then maybe you ARE a "retard".

Matriarch|Sneakers said:
I don't agree to anything of the above, just think its seriously pure bullshit and i dont understand why we ( totally diff ppl with diff taste, values, intersts, whatever ) were even drawn to the same game :confused: :D
Well as you said totally different ppl is drawn to this game and that’s why you cant expect ppl to play the way you want.
So if you want rules on how many that are involved in a fight, you go somewhere else or stfu. Whining does NOT help :)

Xajorkith said:

jesus christ, why do people have to think like this? if people want a 1v1 in DAOC then they can play for 1v1's. just like the people to play for 8v8's! ;X people like you piss me off so much... theres a big difference to fighting a real person 1v1/8v8 than fighting computer AI but i guess some people will never figure that out. :eek:

Loonatik

One of Freddy's beloved
Matriarch|Sneakers said:

The major difference is that the football rules clearly states that each team must have 11 players. If you don't like that rule, don't play football.

DAoC warfare is called Realm vs Realm, not Player vs Player or Group vs Group. If you don't like that, don't play DAoC.

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
hmm so a fair 1 VS 1 fight is? 1 solo caster with no britleguards RR2 or 3 being PA'ed by the 1337 RR10 stealther? if so I experience millions of fair fights! if a 1 VS 1 fair fight is a equal RR vs other then I think I experianced this 2 times doing the last 3 years. however a RR6+a RR7 +a RR9 jumping litle solo RR3 me is alot more common then me seing any RR4 or lower stealthers anywhere in the frontier, how come all stealthers are so damn high RR if they all say they only fight 1 vs 1? 8000000 RP's thats 8000 solo kills with no adds.

if RP's don't matter to you try to remove your: MoS 5, Purge 3, Viper 3, Vanish and se how well you would do against an other realm.
fair fight is what I belive 2 equal classes with same or no RA's versus each other, not some 6 RR's higher stealther with 500 RA's vs a solo gimp trying to find his grp.

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
Hestethun said:
its kinda lol to see that some albs here defend the no add thing , and when they are out rving , they gang rape 1 man xDDDDD
and hibs don't?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I'll say it again, if you want "clean" fights, why don't you come to boldiam area? It's not 100% add free, but it's much better than agramon.

Yes, some FGs come there as well, I'm not saying that you have to stay in the middle of nowhere begging to get rolled, there are many places to hide while watching for inc.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
Did he say you were??
If you don't understand his post then maybe you ARE a "retard".

So you calling me one now too,must be something to do with being Mid,i totally understood his post,and if i go out there and get added i miss the "skill" and be too stupid to learn it apparently.

Loonatik

One of Freddy's beloved
Dimmer said:
and hibs don't?

Of course not. Please read up on the past discussions about this. When the realm selection screen pops up, there's a built-in function that makes retards, wankers, adders, zergers and easymoders to pick Albion.

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
jesus christ, why do people have to think like this? if people want a 1v1 in DAOC then they can play for 1v1's. just like the people to play for 8v8's! ;X people like you piss me off so much... theres a big difference to fighting a real person 1v1/8v8 than fighting computer AI but i guess some people will never figure that out. :eek:

Yes there is, just dont expect others that also pay for the game to go out of their way to make YOUR gameexperience better, thats your job, not everybody elses.

Its not like the High RR set groups stay away when the low RR zerg does some keep sieging is it? no no they come straight away to hit the 50 odd people in the back killing them all destroying the siege totally. But we dont come here whining over it and yes it is very often an RR7+ set group kill 20+ low RR peeps that try to get a few rps sieging since they dont wanna make a low RR group and get gangraped by the same 4 set groups over and over again.

Some enjoy this, some enjoy that. Dont tell people how to play and with all the whining some people do I am amazed not more of them leave.

Samaroon EatsCheese said:

The real fun question is, what is the diffrence in challenge playing 2 fg on stick killing full groups and small grps alt. soloers and playing some random shit game vs the computor then telling anyone else who likes a challenge to stfu and whatelese.

To be honest the "we are a realm and we are at holy war against the hordes of midgard" is just a bad excuse.
If I was horribly bad I'd find away to make my zerging legit in the eyes of others with lame and far fetched excuses... ;)

16 vs 8 is easier then 8 vs 8, ( 1:1 ratio ) so in other words u choose a easy way if u zerg ppl that play for fair fights. ( I cant say I mean all the time, every thing has its time and place - but for the ppl brining thier clueless /stick zergs to agramon and only winning fights b/c they have more sheep in the waggon ZzZz ) If ppl were realyl childish and everytime they got zerged and instead of going to FH making constructive posts about it ( atleast trying ) they would counter zerg:
Scenario, u get zerged by a force two times ur own nummber - then u add more men so ur twice the openents nummber - the consequence is zone crash, lagg, and proberly a server crash and no1 will have fun.

**Well i dont mean all this 100% serious and i do generelaize but whats what u do when u want t make a point and not just agree with everyone**

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom