[discussion] soloing, stealth zerging, adding and agramon

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Erulin said:
Is getting pwnt by a none stealth zerg anymore fun ? :) :p

Erulin the Bloody

yes if you have a good fight ;) i dont care if i win or lose just want a great fight...

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Eeben said:
yes if you have a good fight ;) i dont care if i win or lose just want a great fight...

Hehe, point taken

Erulin the Bloody

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
I've been trying to solo the last week (mainly morning & night), and I've got a few nice fights. Too bad getting rolled over by FG's is so common though, although popping testudo and seeing them waste power to bring me down is amusing. :p

I mostly try to follow the points Illusb listed earlier in the thread when soloing.

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Ok I got a little renewed idea on 1 vs 1, Had a little fight last night think it lasted for½ hour or more with a shaman kobby against my scout, in a mid tower with doors down.

Prolly some of the most fun I have had for a long time and nerf scouts for not having speed, burning end on chasing then not having any for bow. :p

Respect to Smurfen was great fun. :) but you run too much. ;)

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Baldrian said:
nerf scouts for not having speed, burning end on chasing then not having any for bow.

Longwind is your friend, I have it on all my alts. It indeed sucks to sprint after someone then ending up having to fight em without styles.

Erulin the Bloody

ps edit : except on me pally ofc :p

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
mincers and scouts by far the worse adding classes in my experience though

U added on me and Tinny when we were killing 3 mids :( and killed the poor liddul tinny ;(

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
I like to rank the fgs that gank me for how over the top they'll be when killing me...

+10 points for using mana to cast spells (rather than just having the tanks melee me to death)

+10 points for mezzing first

+10 points for a stun after the mezz to make sure I don't accidentally hurt someone (though my armour procs do that muhauhauha)

+20 points for being debuffed to level 1 during the stun.

+50 points for using any sort of active RA/artifact/class timed ability.

+50 points for someone burning their banelord abilities (wtf I'm an armsman)

double points if they do any of these whilst I'm sitting ;)

hehe when I'm soloing with my sorc 90% of the mid grps I meet use some kind of instant CC to mezz/stun me on impact :p, the last 10% normally get mezzed then I run off hehe, but I've even tried fg mids use instant stun on me when attacking me from behind :/

Hibs... normally when I see them I stop and make a SW so they can't sos(and they do that against solo sorc's 0o) then I try to mezz and get amnesia'd then I cast again ofc :p and either get mezzed or wtfpwned by uber instant CC ;P

and then I'm haveing fun faceing the ground again :/

Instant CC make me QQ when they fire that against soloers, they know I'm not gonna kill em with Det 5 tanks in grp chargeing me 10 secs (MAX) after mezz have landed :/

acually tried getting instant stunned by a healer on my reaver running around w/o speed lol :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
this is mostly on my armsman btw - might be they're scared I might whip out the crossbow and pwn them all!

Ging

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
this is mostly on my armsman btw - might be they're scared I might whip out the crossbow and pwn them all!

I can see the star spangled headlines in weekly news

Camelot Herald said:
"Extra! Extra! Lime green fish tank pwns whole realm "

:clap:

UriZeN

Fledgling Freddie
Baldrian said:
Well if thats the way to get rps. 1 kill in 100 fights, its a long long way to RR5. ;) so before that you prolly did your share of killing lower RR, adding, zerging and whatever(and there is nothing wrong with that) Scout is a very good exaple of a char no "leet" will ever respect. They are adders, towerhumpers or whatever they get called. Well its not the players fault, its the design of the class. A scout should and have very big trouple with any stealther he meets UNLESS he is high RR and you have to get high RR somehow. as low RR your str. is your bow. Since you cant see stealthers you cant shot them. most of the casters running alone have brittles/pets/MoC3/LT/BT you name it, not an easy kill either. So low RR archers tend to "towerhump" again nothing wrong with that, but the "leet" will never respect you and gank you everytime they see you, because you are just a stinking adder/humper. I expect all stealthers have that prob at low RR. Hence why the "leet" stealthers have to call them bad names, because they forgot how it was to be RR2 and prolly did the same.

Stealthers have no problem with killing a clothcaster that passed by, but if the caster then comes back with a few friends(he needs them since its a little hard to find a stealther unless he PA you) then 10 sec later there is a whine thread on FH. you use the means you have, you dont say, no he is leet and a nice person, I will go die to him some more making him even higher RR.

If Censi camps beno docks and keeps ganking my noob scout trying to get a boat, I will at some point get friends and get him killed and IF that should shock him then so be it.

its kill or be killed. use the means you can. No high RR stealther I ever met have left me alone because I was low RR and not a challenge and thats how it should be, I can find means to give payback, one way or another and thats really what its all about. :)

from rr1 to rr5 i was full crit spec and 90% of my rps came from leeching over fgs at times with no brittles mls and many more of the present i win buttons. But overall u have a point since these are much harder times for low rrs,but still thats not an excuse for the lack of respect to 1o1 even fights and no i dont mean rr9 vs a rr2 since its not fair! i mean rr9 vs rr8 etc or rr9 vs 2x rr3 or rr4 but gods shake rr9 or any rr vs 6 ppl is pure gank and if u have another name for it plz let me know....

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
having gone through this entire thread, I have come to the conclusion that nobody knows wat they want.....

1v1 8v8 rvr 3v8 ......

nobody really cares if you solo and get ganked by a full grp..

last night took my rr3 arms to agramon(tried to at least) as i crossed first bridge i saw a fgm come out of water... thought fook this turned 180 and hit WH to get away...

tbh would have been easier to charge them(oh forgot proper tanks dont get charge just some lame xbow thing)... they just blew me a new hole.

personally i think the main problem is when soloers get ganked lots their kit degrades more and therefore costs them more to repair..

as most things in this game it becomes money orientated which means logging a farming character get some cash repair items, go back to rvr, get ganked rinse and repeat.

Yes its war so all deserve to die, ill add even if you ask me not too unless i know you. or i just cant be arsed to get involved.

RvR in this game has changed and perhaps for the best or the worst...

However this is my opinion and I expect it to be ignored.

My only real gripe is the Xrealming crap that is happening a lot atm, it would seem it goes summat like:
1 alb 1 hib 1mid in same area.

alb player - kill mid before hib
mid player - kill alb before hib

hmm looks like hibs must be laughing there pants off...as they get the weaker opponent to kill.

I do admit to spotting a luri in leirvik stealthed, my inf was stealthed, by fgm roaming.... honour states move away, respect thy enemy.....daoc players would have popped the luri, have mids kill him and hope you get away leeching rps.....however if luri had popped me i would have attacked him back, so that we both died and perhaps he would learn from the stupid attempt that got us both killed......

Better to wait for the right moment and attack the mid caster/healer and kill them rather than die in futility.

anyway...mids suck and all deserve to die, hibs are tree hugging spawns of the devil and albs are cowards with delusions of grandure.

nn all

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Sollac said:
I do admit to spotting a luri in leirvik stealthed, my inf was stealthed, by fgm roaming.... honour states move away, respect thy enemy.....daoc players would have popped the luri, have mids kill him and hope you get away leeching rps.....however if luri had popped me i would have attacked him back, so that we both died and perhaps he would learn from the stupid attempt that got us both killed......

Allways try to /hug /wave another stealther if I see one close to a battle and maybe have a 1v1 after the zerge has moved on. good fun that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom