Discuss...

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
KAGATO U R PLed NOOB!!!111111

:D

My pling is uber, only took me well over 50 days /played to hit 50 :D

People have it way to easy these days getting to 50.

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
...because they are playing the wrong game. They want it to be more like a FPS where balanced teams and 'mad skillz' determine the victor. Level 1-50 is boring work that HAS to be done to start the real game. Dont forget the spellcrafting (more boring work farming cash), every stat has to be capped before one toe enters the frontier. They arent interested in honourable fair fights, they wouldnt need multiple buffbots and voicecomms for that, they just want to win all the time with minimal effort. ToA is too much effort.

The thought of disorganised muppets with 'ub3r it4mz' beating them is too much for their egos to take. They cant be arsed to get the same items because 'PvE is for losers'. So they 'retire' while they are on top to save face.

/wave

im still here because as a friar i LOVE PvE!! sure RvR is good, but im never going to play competitively so high RR and high ML's are never going to be my thing, im gonna have lots of fun organising raids for artifacts and scrolls and ML's so im happy personally, but a lot of people see TOA as another divide between the Powergamer and the Casual gamer, and theyre right, those with HIGH ML's and HIGH RR's will pull further away from those who dont, forcing more "zerg" type RvR and a lot of people dont like that, but like i said, it doesnt bother me, there will always be lower lvl's in my guild to keep me busy helping out crafting and Questing etc.. so for me this just expands my horizons and gives me more ROG drops to collect and give away to lower lvl's :clap:

Also a lot of people just whined about every new add-on to DOAC since it started and this was another one they could use as an excuse to make themselves believe they could walk away..but theyll come back.. as for me when World Of Warcraft hits the shelves, im not so sure ill still be around, ive always wanted to play an Orc, and this is the first GOOD one to let me do that, seeing as PvP isnt my scene i might give it a whizz... i bought TOA becuase i like new content..new content RULES! :clap: and this will keep me busy!!

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
in my case real life became first priority again, and I did actully look forward to toa, but after abit of rethinking, spending days and days just to get back on the top again isnt worf it! ;)

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
I love it and I hate it.

New aspects of the game, new abilities, new shiny armor/weapons.. meet alot of new people when doing ML's that I didn't even knew existed :) Exploring new places etc. All this stuff will be fun 2-3 times.. but when I'm doing it with my 8th 50 character I will puke :)

And I will probably not use any of my 50 characters in RvR until they all got new SC armor with Artifacts etc.. and at least some MasterLevels... sad but true.

So in the next couple of months I will live in TOA :) except a house trip now and then to pay my house and leave stuff in my house vault :)

//Urme with alts can be found somewhere in Atlantis.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
PJS said:
...because they are playing the wrong game. They want it to be more like a FPS where balanced teams and 'mad skillz' determine the victor. Level 1-50 is boring work that HAS to be done to start the real game. Dont forget the spellcrafting (more boring work farming cash), every stat has to be capped before one toe enters the frontier. They arent interested in honourable fair fights, they wouldnt need multiple buffbots and voicecomms for that, they just want to win all the time with minimal effort. ToA is too much effort.

The thought of disorganised muppets with 'ub3r it4mz' beating them is too much for their egos to take. They cant be arsed to get the same items because 'PvE is for losers'. So they 'retire' while they are on top to save face.

/wave

christ your a dumb bastard.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Behmoth said:
yeah as if ! may bore them do death can't see a warden being uber tank

some words for you mister..

Warden + Battlemaster = the ultimate BATTLEWARDEN, k!

liloe

It's my birthday today!
PJS said:

/wave

ok....so voicecom and tactics is not honourable. Is it more honourable to play 10fg vs. 2 fg?
Your quoted FPS' there, where u need "mad skillz" to win. Well shouldn't that be the same in every game? When I play a game for months and work out tactics to win better and get my rewards for that (RR's), then I think I deserve to win vs. a beginner who hasn't even read the handbook. Following your theory, a random lvl 50 in RoG armor should be able to win over an RR10 person in sc gear with artifacts, ML's etc.
People are NOT playing the wrong game, Mythic is making the game wrong. It was advertised as an RvR game, not as a large scale PvE game (like Everquest). So yes, ToA is too much PvE effor for a game which is primarily RvR focused.
Then again, the expansion is just following a basic rule of marketing. By making an addon every few months, you might loose a few players, but you can always count on enw ones coming cause of the "cool new" ideas you bring in and of cause it makes the old customers pay their subs. longer cause as you stated, they will need the new things to compete. Now imagine all bugs in DAoC would be fixed...would that bring new customers? So why bother using your programing time on too much bugfixing (of cause you need to do a bit of that to make the old customers happy) if you can do another addon in the same time. This is not my own thought by the way, I read this in an article and think it applies very well. An offline game needs to be bug-free, or people will read bad articles about it in game magazines and won't buy it. But in an MMORPG, you can make beta tests to attract people and after testing a bit (and finding it fun) people will stay even with a few bugs cause they get told, everything will be fixed and really, soon after the first patches come to ease their mind.

Now don't understand me wrong, I will still play DAoC because I simply wanna try out the stuff, but the game has become a lot less attractive for me, as I hate PvE and don't have unlimited time, thus making ML raids very hard for me. I can understand that a company wants to make money but to be honest, I would've prefered paying the 30€ simply for a CD which fixes all the bugs in DAoC, no joke, maybe adding the new 3D-engine to it.
Then again I'm really looking forward to DnL cause I smell a new good MMORPG in it. DAoC has simply lost this special feeling which I always had while playing.

Now to come back to the initial question, why leave DAoC now. Well I think it's a point where you can say: "I will stop here". Leaving in the middle of something always gives you a bad feeling and this way at least you can say: "Hey, I walked all the way with it, see to what it comes now". Of cause a lot of people fear that random zergs will dominate the new RvR scene, especially with the "New Frontiers" addon coming soon, displaying where the battles are.

just my opinion...

Gilgamesh

Fledgling Freddie
im fairly new to the game, but it sounds to me like mythic/goa need to make a 'CLASSIC' type of server, that way they can keep everyone happy

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>im fairly new to the game, but it sounds to me like mythic/goa need to make a 'CLASSIC' type of server, that way they can keep everyone happy

The best thing would be to make a special high realm rank battleground. That would enable the FG vs FG adherents to duke it out fairly zerg free (we assume for simplicity that the zerg consists of low realmrankers aka the warder zerg, and since all of them belong to the "Dont add" society they would always get the FG vs FG battles). We would also get a better measure on which teams that are actually the most skilled as the opposition in that area would be a bit more challenging than killing warders.

Oh and for thepve haters out there, you do realise that Mythic probably already have started designing next years' expansion pack, dont you? Or maybe it is Doac 2 that are on the drawing board now.

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
its fotm to leave daoc, didnt u know? I bet that atleast half of them u have seen make goodbye-threads here, will return very soon :m00:

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Shan said:
You couldn't be more wrong
:m00:

.. well seems like its those kinda players who cry/leave the most :O)
So can't see have im wrong. :wub:

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Been playing my same dull tank character for 2 full years, even back before RA's when we were just cannon fodder for casters and would be mezzed helpless for 2 minutes.

And I despise ToA and think its a pathetic load of shit.

Your next theory?

... Well puretanks have allways been a hard charecter to play in rvr. But you did know that in the start, tanks being very usefull in rve is another thing.. Can follow all the noninteruptable charecters troubles with ToA, but tbh. Let em whine N eat as many bisquits they can, 'cause I dont pay a shit... :m00:

ps. Soz about douuble posting, wasnt ment as pharming :clap:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You simply cant cap everything anymore if you also want to cap your + stats, spd damage etc. imo this is a far better way of doing things rather than making x class getting a standard SC which easily caps everything and then just going out to kill stuff, you have to decide what you want and what you can afford to drop. It gives a lot more variety to the game with master levels and indeed the up coming RA review giving classes that were considered weak a more even chance of enjoying the game as it was intended. sure some of the artifacts are powerfull but i think you will find that they wont be that common due to having to farm the item + farm scrolls then exping the item (some have very strict rules) to level 10 to release the items true power. i actually really enjoy getting artifacts and doing master levels (only at ml1 so far :) ) rather than zerg mob A for Drop B you have to work together with a proper stratagy to get what you want, which is what pve should be like. Over all i am loving it and i couldnt care less about the people who say its shit but havent even tried it yet, they are the ones missing out.

Toa and frontiers will either kill daoc or help it survive the up coming flood of potential rivals and frankly we have been here before with Planetside (turned out shit) SWG (turned out shit) FF online (turned out shit) Eve (turned out shit) the only real contender daoc has is wow and imo that is a year away yet and wont be really very good content wise for 6 months to a year after that.

Khefru

One of Freddy's beloved
Didn't like the sound of TOA, but bought it anyway and giving it a go.

After a week of it, I cannot stand it. The time needed to get anywhere in ml's or artefacts is too much for the casual gamer I think. I'm hearing stories of huge zergs needed for some encounters and that is bad. How will people like me who do not have endless hours every day do these? Once the initial rush has gone through all the ml's, the slower people will start to get left behind as there simply will not be enough interest to gather these zergs.

Having said all that, I hated DAOC for the first couple of weeks of beta and I'm still there with the same char over 2 years later so TOA may yet grow on me.

The biggest downside for me though is the thought of making a new char now and trying to make it competitive. I really want to move to Mid/Pryd, but levelling to 50, farming cash, doing ml's and trying to get to rr5 is just too much of a daunting task.

Lothian Forestheart

Fledgling Freddie
Have to agree with Khefru

I have TOA for a few days now and i must say, i like one part of it, the new graphics are really good (even trolls are looking uglier, if that could be the case :D ).

But the mls and artifacts, I will try it... but i dont have unlimited time at my disposal.. and at what i have seen it will take me about 6 months to get one char to ML10. So i will stick around for a bit and see where this is leading to.

I think the powergamers will be more uber then they were before.

And rvr is too queit now.. just 3 fgs albs zerging in emain hib... :m00:

TunFiskeMad

Fledgling Freddie
why didnt they just make the ML's so they didnt do anything in RvR ?

And to the ppl saying its the 1337 RvR gaymers who leave the game ....
ofc - u think the pve dude who think random raids and pve stuff is fun is gonna quite because of a pve add on ???

UUhhhhhhhh and btw im not playing anytime soon seriously so can i be called 1337 to then ??? plz i really want to ??? plz plz plz !!!
and to archon if u dont give a shit how come u keep posting ?

oh well have fun ppl cba to buy the think and do the pve - and to all u pve'ing roleplayers out there good m8's hope u get all your 3000000 lvl 50 to ML 10 :)

Sepiritz

Fledgling Freddie
For those that say ToA sucks and haven't got the game and dont know what its like first hand, i want to specify, theres no way you can compare it to the normal 1-50 grind as far as "more pve" goes.
Every moment of ToA is very involving and fun, imo, its completely different, theres no 'camping' mob spawns for hours (other then finding scrolls, but those can be traded and bought and you will get scrolls while doing the MLs because any way you look at it, you will kill stuff). Artifacts are more like the good old OTD's but also have a scenario, or "encounter" attached to them.

MLs feel so far from the normal daoc quests its on its own level. Alot more thought out and still not becoming too advanced for anyone to do them, atleast if you have access to a guide or someone to ask. Though it really helps to have a guild to do them with, so you dont have to join some clueless random group.

It is true artifacts will become overpowered compared to a normal set of sc'd stuff. However, I seriously doubt a ToA char can beat a normal rr7 char. Sure, some MLs are good but most will never make a big difference. The only exception is probably to stealthers (good riddance) and bodyguards, but that is ML8 on battlemasters and will be a while before we see any number of those in the game, besides, theyre not that different from "guardbots" anyway.

What, in ToA, invites to large scale warfare anyway?
Besides, isnt it the players that decide how the game should be played?
fg vs fg players have always succeeded in finding ways to fight before, why should that change?

Well enough ranting, but imo, ToA rocks! Its a great addition to the game. Except that everyone looks like pretty little seashells after a while...

Elorelen Hearthunter

Fledgling Freddie
well

I aint leaving ToA, because it´s really an GOOD expansion...

but... I dont think they should have added those ML XP in it....
Thats one of the msot crappiest thing there is...

Oh and another one... Pls don´t ruin your ToA armor in BG lol (/me points at 5 hippies ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom