Fledgling Freddie
How come people are leaving DAoC...

I´am having great fun with ToA.
Nice looking armor set.
And those masterlevels are very cool..

It is very beautifull etc...

So why don´t people like it?

so again the question to discuss is:

Why are people leaving DAoC so suddenly?

stighelmer

Fledgling Freddie
Elorelen Hearthunter said:

Nice looking armor set.

I think it is mostly RvR:ers who are leaving DAoC because of ToA. Although it might not be entirely due to ToA it is probably a contributing factor in many cases.
ToA is kinda a breaking point and to continue with RvR you now have to endure painstaking PvE. Many of those who are leaving now might have left in the coming half year but probably find this as good time as any.

oh, and...

GOD, I really HATE PvE :(

BlueJam

Fledgling Freddie
You might find some of them don't want too, but find ToA such a chore they are left with no choice. It's a toss up between a terminal case of Deep Vein Thrombosis or doing something else.

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
A. Most of the people leaving arent liking the future developments to theier RvR exprience. They really dont want to put in the months of PvE action to stay "ontop of the game"

Which is the main reason. They would rather quit now while thier ahead and not getting owned because someone has stuff from toa which they use to thier advantage. Some toa twinked warden smacks a RR7+ non-toa char down, u really think the RR7 will like that prospect? Nah leave now and be forever remembered in the book of leet

its thier choice

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Well as you said alot of the players leaving are RvR players primarly.

The fact that daoc is being pushed, kicking and screaming into a Zerg Verus Zerg warfare type game. So after all this pve you learn that the best way to use your ML's is to get into battlegroups with even more ppl. These ppl leaving, of the most part, Prefered 1fg V 1fg combat. This is become really difficult with froniters here. Also the fact that the game is 2yrs+ old some ppl just want something fresh, its fun to be a noob sometimes :D.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Tiki said:
. Some toa twinked warden smacks a RR7+ non-toa char down, u really think the RR7 will like that prospect

yeah as if ! may bore them do death can't see a warden being uber tank

nol

Fledgling Freddie
lots of people leaving because their best friends, uncles, step-sisters, husbands nephew read something about it not being nice...

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Because ToA is ruining the game and pushing it in a bad direction, before getting to 50 was enough to compete in RvR, then you had to get high RR and plan out your RA's effectively to compete in RvR,then we got SC and you had to farm money all over again to cap all your stats to compete in RvR.

And now we get ML's and Artifacts meaning we now need to spend 2 months in pve and redo all our SC templates again to over-cap our stats to try and compete in RvR again.

And it gets to the stage where its simply no longer worth it, and it becomes time to smile at your victories, salute your rivals and walk away.

If you look back, this is an entirely different game we're playing now, its barely unrecognisable to how it used to be, I'd hate to be a new player starting out, and its still changing, but not for the better. As mentioned above Mythic are forcing the game towards large scale zerg warfare where skill will become less and less needed, we're going to end up playing Starcraft pretty much with each little minion being a person and pushing 2 buttons or 5 wont make a differance.

Well, enough ranting, the game is not what it used to be and changes for the better are more and more rare.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
cos i'd rather be killing hibs and mids than being _forced_ to pay £15 to pve for ~8weeks :puke:

and then stepping into the unknown, the future RvR battlefield, full of bullshit artifacts & bullshit unbalanced abilities, thats why.

/grind

all i can say is it better be worth it :m00:

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
ToA is only a imporvement to the game... People who dont like it is mainly ppl who got xx... pl'ed fotm or stealth char's or only do rvr anyways.
But anyway I wouldnt mind if 1/3 of the albs stopped playing because of ToA, would help outballance the game for us Excalibur gamers! So.. Please.. Leave... All.. you... guys...

Thx for reading my post m8 :kissit:

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
oi, there are also many who's reactivating their accounts :)

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Archon said:
ToA is only a imporvement to the game... People who dont like it is mainly ppl who got xx... pl'ed fotm or stealth char's or only do rvr anyways.

You couldn't be more wrong
:m00:

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Behmoth said:
yeah as if ! may bore them do death can't see a warden being uber tank

He probably meant WardeR (RR2 in Albion)

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
My guildmates tricked me into playing again, now I'm stuck :(

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
When a game of this type is as advanced as DAoC is, you need, in my humble opinion, to be working on extending, improving and generally adding to the end-game (RvR), not adding to what so many have experienced and completed time and time again (PvE).

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie

Nice looking armor set.

i dont wanna kill 120ish Boss mobs, with 98475365 adds each for ml10 :p

playing FFXI again ^^

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
:clap: yay he left :clap:
... Now you'll go ...

Maybe rve "haters" should give sb another chance/go... The newer sb expansion is really sweet.. I am goin to play both daoc and Sb wenn I get online from home, mostly daoc tho ;)

Sofus

Fledgling Freddie

Nice looking armor set.

I also concidered leaving DAoC at this point... i still haven't bought ToA yet but probably will tomorrow... i will try it abit and if i think it' totaly crap doing ML's etc i will hold a week or 2 off DAoC and wait for people to return to RvR..

And yes the main reson is probably cause ppls leave RvR for ToA which is totaly understandable cause ML's are usefull but it's just so boring of you cba to do ML's as some might see it as even more "leveling"... like me i don't like it cause now you are lvl 50 and i want to RvR not do some "Ekstra levels" which i would concider ML's as.

Elorelen Hearthunter

Fledgling Freddie
Well, also to compete in RvR etc.
Is to have those artifacts.. wich (for a cleric) five u ALLOT OF MORE % of ur current mana pool...

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Archon said:
But anyway I wouldnt mind if 1/3 of the albs stopped playing because of ToA, would help outballance the game for us Excalibur gamers! So.. Please.. Leave... All.. you... guys...

Thx for reading my post m8 :kissit:

Been playing my same dull tank character for 2 full years, even back before RA's when we were just cannon fodder for casters and would be mezzed helpless for 2 minutes.

And I despise ToA and think its a pathetic load of shit.

Your next theory?

Elorelen Hearthunter

Fledgling Freddie
All those people leaving daoc... but even more coming:

CEUROPE tells me that there is 1 server over the 3500ppl 4 servers voer 3000ppl 1 server near 3000ppl and 2 a 3 servers over 2000ppl ... lol :p

Even prydwen is near 2000 people... so more people coming...or am I wrong?

Lac Desariel

Fledgling Freddie
Alot of reasons to be sure, but none have mentioned the obvious that most including me stated when we left.... Prioritys have changed, and the Addiction known as DaoC is no longer number 1 and rather than leave temptation I left and deleted the game from my PC, yes my chr is still there and Account is inactive.... I personaly loved the game and my ice wizard but RL has to take place some time

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Personally i've enjoyed ToA so far, I might have prefered it if we didn't have the walkthroughs the American's have so thoughtfully posted (god bless them, they worked so hard ;)) - but thats just me, and i've never placed a huge amount of importance on RvR outside of the occasional random Emain run and whatever RvR I can do with my guild.

But I would say its down to the way people view (and in all fairness Mythic make) the ML's as yet another 'must have' thing. You Must Have a level 50, you Must Have RR5+, you Must Have all the MLs, you Must Have an SC suit with artifacts and so on.

Though I suppose its got somthing to do with competativness, people don't want to be at a dissadvantage. Especially when you hear some of the crazy stuff which happened during ToA beta (Re: American Release) its hard to blame those who are leaving really.

Can't help but admire them in a way, hey - if your not having fun why play? right?

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
Been playing my same dull tank character for 2 full years, even back before RA's when we were just cannon fodder for casters and would be mezzed helpless for 2 minutes.

And I despise ToA and think its a pathetic load of shit.

Your next theory?

KAGATO U R PLed NOOB!!!111111

:D

Belomar

Part of the furniture
We are seeing a lot of old-timers leaving, but at the same time, GOA is seeing large amounts of new subscriptions and reactivated accounts. Yes, ToA is different and even if DAoC pre-ToA was balanced, it was also becoming boring for this very reason -- practically no unknowns remained, the FotM setup groups were becoming set in stone, and the RvR guilds had found the optimized tactics in virtually all situations. These new master abilities and artifacts bring refreshing changes (which understandably are scary to some people who thought themselves to be on top of the game).

For myself, I am quite looking forward to see how things work out in RvR in a few weeks and how my own character will perform. In addition to that, I am enthralled by the expansion itself (yes, even the PvE, which is much more varied and fun than earlier DAoC PvE), and it has certainly revived my love in the game -- for one thing, I have not logged a single alt during the whole of this last week.

P.S. Title your damn threads appropriately! It's not hard! :mad: D.S.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Everyone is talking of ToA as something negative, saying that everyone who plays toa does it cus "they have to to that pve horror to be competative in RVR" whilst a pve hater like me who always hated pve and such and often refused to do as simple things as GS raids. Is now playing ToA every moment i can and find it the funniest thing in daoc for a long time, many of the artifact mobs and ML encounters are extraordinary and using tactics in PvE is also very amusing.

Never went to public raids in hib cus couldnt stand the amount of ppl, questions, stupid comments etc. But now i can raid bosses who needs tactics with my own little guild w/o using any exploit or imbalance. :clap:

ToA is teh roxx.

duact

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
KAGATO U R PLed NOOB!!!111111

:D

stfu fagit! kagato is a strong solo armsman who likes to fight mighty thanes like duact !

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
I think the fun factor have left for people that leave the game. ToA is just an excuse that makes the decision easier. Doing the 6+ hours each day workday in Doac for 2 years....requires a lot of dedication. Small wonder if people find it hard to keep the funfactor high all the time and decides to take a break from the game, for a shorter time or permanently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom