Ding 40 =)

Memph1s

Fledgling Freddie
Finaly it happend after days of hard work, finaly dinged lvl 40 :)

only question is now am I the only one who can be happy about that or are we more out there who is level 40 ?

peecee.dk | Vis upload

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
congratz you gona be alone in this game for atleast 1-2 weeks....... roll an alt ^^

Memph1s

Fledgling Freddie
I am gonna roll an alt =) but as soon as people cause up and starts on T4 scenarios :D im making a come back :D

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
just a waste of time tbh
all those renown ranks u dont have, the tome unlocks u lack (tome tactics exp)
when everyone else arrives in T4 u'll be weak w/o decent experience w/ ur char

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Grats - must be lonely in those zones where u venture, I heard even with tier 3 you get lonely fast.

Anyways grats nice achievement.

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
Congrats :) as many said, hope you don't get bored too fast now

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
just a waste of time tbh

So what RR does one have to be for end game rvr?

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
Grats. Best go mop up those T4 quests and hold all the BOs for your side. ;) :p

WarStyle

Fledgling Freddie
Well done!

Also, people shouldn't forget it's hard mode to ding 40 without too much company... it's a lot easier to level when lots of ppl are helping do public quests, scenarios etc.

Anyway cool achievement :)

WarStyle

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
So what RR does one have to be for end game rvr?
renown rank should be decent, not rank 5 like those yanks that raced tru the game
more important, just pve'ing won't give u good experience in playing vs other players
also u won't get any tome tactics, set/rare items, so imo race tru the game will get u handicaps at the endgame rvr

but all in all, most stuff ends up in zerg vs zerg (in open rvr) so things will correct emselves in time

Memph1s

Fledgling Freddie
for one to your info enli, mister hardcore player, I played DAoC for 4 years, so I got the basics of rvr and rvr combat, aswell as I played the beta's where I was doing rvr as a sorc, and im RR 15 not 5, so shut you tap and get some info about who you are talking down to.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
No point being bitter, grats to you bud, it must have been seriously hard work at times. :)

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
so shut you tap and get some info about who you are talking down to.

LOL you sound like an old person person trying to talk street

Seriously though what was your motivation to level to 40 so quickly? Sounds like the WoW mentality has reached us already.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I don't know why people seem unhappy with this,

The abilities gained from Renown are not actually that great, so RR30 isnt going to have a huge advantage over a RR5.

Since RPs scale with level, chances are a R40 will ding RR20+ in a matter of hours.

Tome unlock tactics are generally pve only, which at 40 there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of, and surely since he's 40 he would be going for the lvl 40 rare item sets, rather than ones he 'could' have picked up at lvl 20 and out levelled.

Remember Tier 4 includes chars from 30-40 who are bolstered to 38, so there are plenty of people in tier 4 currently (as well as quite a few people hitting 40) so it's unlikley he will be short on people to fight.

Grats!

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
I just think it smacks of "look at me aren't I cool I levelled 40 before all of you" which was something that sickened me on the warcraft forums and chat channels. It's epeen all over again.

Afran

Part of the furniture
I don't know why people seem unhappy with this,

The abilities gained from Renown are not actually that great, so RR30 isnt going to have a huge advantage over a RR5.

Since RPs scale with level, chances are a R40 will ding RR20+ in a matter of hours.

Tome unlock tactics are generally pve only, which at 40 there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of, and surely since he's 40 he would be going for the lvl 40 rare item sets, rather than ones he 'could' have picked up at lvl 20 and out levelled.

Remember Tier 4 includes chars from 30-40 who are bolstered to 38, so there are plenty of people in tier 4 currently (as well as quite a few people hitting 40) so it's unlikley he will be short on people to fight.

Grats!

What he said, the rr abilities aren't nearly as powerful as they are/were in DAoC and don't have anywhere near as much of an impact in RvR, the highest level item set (not including dungeons) before 40 is a level 34 set, and unless you do a _LOT_ of public quests before 40, you're not going to get even close to a full set to make it worthwile, then again it's levelling gear and most greens/bloos at 40 will replace this anyway. Plus, it's not like once you hit 40 it's game over, you've still got quite some time to put in farming for gear and generally twinking your stats/spec etc. After a week or so, the proper end-game will start, so anyone that's 40/near 40 now, has an advantage if anything, not a disadvantage.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
just a waste of time tbh

All to their own.

Grats mate:)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
renown rank should be decent, not rank 5 like those yanks that raced tru the game
more important, just pve'ing won't give u good experience in playing vs other players
also u won't get any tome tactics, set/rare items, so imo race tru the game will get u handicaps at the endgame rvr

but all in all, most stuff ends up in zerg vs zerg (in open rvr) so things will correct emselves in time

All your points are somehow valid, but I've seen many top geared, high ranked players who have spent a lot of time in playing against other players but they were still utter lemmings.

So maybe we should put the bias that someone who rushed to highest level in a new game is most likely a bad player away or?

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
I just think it smacks of "look at me aren't I cool I levelled 40 before all of you" which was something that sickened me on the warcraft forums and chat channels. It's epeen all over again.

That was around a lot earlier than WoW.

Kudos for managing to shoehorn in a WoW insult though.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
for one to your info enli, mister hardcore player, I played DAoC for 4 years, so I got the basics of rvr and rvr combat, aswell as I played the beta's where I was doing rvr as a sorc, and im RR 15 not 5, so shut you tap and get some info about who you are talking down to.

I was rr15 at level 16 as are most players, thats what he's getting at. By the time most hit tier 4 they will be 30+ and you'll still be 15-20ish.

Doesn't make a big difference tho, just a bit sad you have missed out on so much fun stuff while racing to 40. I'd suggest go exploring the lower tiers for a few weeks until other players catch up, help out lowbies and look for hidden stuff, theres shit loads of it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom