Dilemna

Aeva

Banned
ok, small problem here, Ive recently rolled a theurg which will be the first pure caster i'll have played. i'm looking for a decent well-rounded spec, where i can get grps in pve and rvr (if possible)
my original plans were:
35earth, 41ice
--
simply because of teh great ice pets and 8s pbt.
over the next couple of days ppl have been saying that air theurg pets are best for pve and rvr because of the stun.
so then i thought to myself:
35eath, 25ice, 32air
--
but then i thought that would be kinda gimped.
then i realised about pve grps and alot were in demand of 6s pbt, after a couple of seconds of thinking i discovered that this enabled me to go afk for most of the time and /sleep.
so:
45earth 29ice/wind
--
i seem to like the ice spec in thid, find it quite fun, though i would like to be able to get easy grps
so my questions are....
what is a decent all-round pve/rvr spec?
which spec is best solo?
which spec is best rvr?
(i know which spec is best pve)

thanks

Keeg

Fledgling Freddie
Heres a news flash: in rvr, 90% of the time u dont have time to get ur pets off, ul find urself nuking instead =)

air\ice is fun in rvr - good nukes - and u can mez ;) , but most people go ice\earth for teh speed pets and pbt

Aeva

Banned
some nice stuff there, though you didnt answer any of my questions :/

Helme

Resident Freddy
Ice and earthpets annoy me the most in RvR, airpets I dont find so good tbh, I usally can get off an AE nuke and kill them while they hit me.

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
id go 45 air, 12 earth, rest ice.

45 air gives you good CC and nukes
12 earth gives you target bt
ice gives you those annoying nuking pets, ok their damage isn't ubah but they interupt just as well. also you get an aoe root, im sure it has some use although im yet to find it

All pets can be killed in a single aoe and earth pets have no ranged attack same as air, but against stealthers those air pets can save your rear.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Theurgist is one of the most versatile classes in the game, love him just wish they'd hurry up and cluster so I had someone to fight :p

I'm still high earth rest ice. can't remember exact spec (probably 45earth 29ice) but got the best PBT and still enough points left over for blue con ice pets. PBT with croc ring is fantastic for guild outings PVE although it's a power hog in rvr and I rarely run it unless we're static at keeps and only then to really protect myself.

Ice pets are great fun but so are earthies especially if you're ML9 and can stick a large pet on some poor ranger who dared take a pot shot.

I'd love to try air spec, nukes look fantastic and mez would be nice. Problem is I love the spec I have, it's great to be extremely useful in pve and still have a laugh in rvr.

Purely down to your play style, you might have to try a few specs to get the one you enjoy mobs. Chances are you'll enjoy all of them though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom