Dilema on warrior build

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Dedaith said:
Going for 30 Protection, 21 Arms build.

May not be the fastest killing spec but it will be keeping me alive in the higher Instances.

sorry but 31/20 arms spec warrior has already tanked onyxia and mc

Dedaith

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:
sorry but 31/20 arms spec warrior has already tanked onyxia and mc

And your point is...?

That spec can tank just fine, but a protecion spec warrior will have an easier time handling several mobs or tough bosses.

To each his own, m'kay?

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Don't need high prot to tank in MC etc. You do need to be using a shield tho. ;)

Dedaith

Fledgling Freddie
That's what I'm saying, it's just that with some talents in protection you'll be a bit better off due to higher Block chance and such.
But tanking in MC is different then tanking in Instances like Stratholme.

Going for the following spec for now, might tweak it as time passes.
It's quite effective in 5 man instance groups, sure my damage is pants compared to Arms or Fury spec but thats where Casters and Rogues comes in

Protection 30 Pts
Shield Specialization 5/5
Anticipation 4/5
Improved Bloodrage 2/2
Toughness 5/5
Last Stand 1/1
Improved Revenge 3/3
Defiance 4/5
Concussion Blow 1/1
One-Handed Weapon Specialization 5/5

Arms 21 Pts
Deflection 5/5
Improved Rend 3/3
Tactical Mastery 5/5
Improved Overpower 2/2
Deep Wounds 3/3
Impale 2/2
Sweeping Strikes 1/1

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
its not really about you having an easier time, if you're gonna tank mc, you should be good, instead of "omg talents will help meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!"

its about gear, gear and buffs and 8000 hps.

then its hi priests

Loch

Fledgling Freddie
If you're aiming for any high end pve (strat isnt high end x<~) then you'll be wanting to get rid of Deep Wounds, mobs only have 8 debuff slots and if all warrs have DW that means any other debuff is off in like 2s flat ;<

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Dedaith said:
Going for 30 Protection, 21 Arms build.

May not be the fastest killing spec but it will be keeping me alive in the higher Instances.
Sure Arms/Fury is better in pvp, but untill BG's come out there is little use in doing pvp as Alliance zergs everything anyway.

Got an unused Kang the Decapitator though, thats making me regret that I don't use 2h but that's life :)

I play on PvP server though, I NEED a decent PvP spec just to level up, am 54 at the moment and can pretty much hold my own. The damage I put out with 31 Arms/13 Fury an a nice slow 2H Axe is sick sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom