Digital Cameras < £300

Will

/bin/su
Staff member
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Messages
5,259
A friend of mine is looking for a digital camera for under £300. Can I have suggestions and testimonials below please.:)
 

Doh_boy

Resident Freddy
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,007
Will said:
A friend of mine is looking for a digital camera for under £300. Can I have suggestions and testimonials below please.:)
Well I bought the Olympus 350-zoom for 153 (too cheap?) which has a huge screen, 3Mp and 3X Optical Zoom. A friend of mine bought the Canon A70 and said it was top. That's edging 300 I think.
 

Caged

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
4
Olympus are always a safe bet for point-and-shoot digital cameras.
 

Will

/bin/su
Staff member
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Messages
5,259
Doh_boy said:
Well I bought the Olympus 350-zoom for 153 (too cheap?) which has a huge screen, 3Mp and 3X Optical Zoom. A friend of mine bought the Canon A70 and said it was top. That's edging 300 I think.
I was looking at the Canon A70 already. I shall hunt down the Olympus somewhere.

Any more suggestions?
 

Bodhi

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
8,023
The Sony CyberShot U Cameras are pretty sex. Especially in blue.
 

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,732
make sure it supports raw file format :x unless its for just taking pics... and nothing else
 
C

Check6

Guest
It's a camera, what else would you use it for? Video and audio is chrome. Oh and you'll have a job finding RAW format below £300, Fujifilm and Canon have models that use it, err and that's it I suspect.

Currently the Pentax Optio S is a good buy, small form factor as well. I've just moved from an Olympus C-3030 zoom after almost 3 years to a Canon EOS 300D, never had a problem with the Oly, solid kit.
 

fatty

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
11
cameras under 300 quid nikon 3100, sony dscp8, olympus mju300, casio z3, pentax 33l

all these cameras are 3.2 mp and have 3x optical zoom
i have the nikon myself but they will all take decent pictures
 

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,542
the DSC P-8 is lubbly, but I've got to agree with bods, those cybershot-U are teh sexor too... though mine is silver not bloo :( Only thing about the cybershot-u's is the lack of zoom, but if you just want a camera for nights out you'll find nothing finer...
 

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,542
Ooh, almost forgot, if you can convince the buyer to buy a used camera, you can get the DSC F-707 and F-717's from eBay for around £300 (and up, depending on accessories supplied) - with a 5MP CCD, Carl Zeiss lens and funky features such as night shot and night framing they're both pretty awesome pieces of kit...
 

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,145
Check6 said:
It's a camera, what else would you use it for? Video and audio is chrome. Oh and you'll have a job finding RAW format below £300, Fujifilm and Canon have models that use it, err and that's it I suspect.

Currently the Pentax Optio S is a good buy, small form factor as well. I've just moved from an Olympus C-3030 zoom after almost 3 years to a Canon EOS 300D, never had a problem with the Oly, solid kit.
God damn i want the EOS300D.

A word of advice steer clear of the Finepix S304 which is now under £300. Its incredibly poor in low light conditions and has no shutter priority mode.
 

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,542
Rubric said:
God damn i want the EOS300D.

A word of advice steer clear of the Finepix S304 which is now under £300. Its incredibly poor in low light conditions and has no shutter priority mode.
I just got a 300D myself, plus 550ex speedlite, 28-135mm IS lens and a 50mm prime. teh se><0r.

We need a photography forum damnit... Deebs? ;)

edit://this is of course totally off topic, Will is asking about cameras around £300 not >£2000 :p
 

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
810
Xavier said:
edit://this is of course totally off topic, Will is asking about cameras around £300 not >£2000 :p
Yes, but have you ever been known to pass up an excuse to show off? :p
 

Afx

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
58
Im getting a canon a70 for christmas so ill have to withhold judgement till then, But from what ive read they do seem to be the best camera within the price range you're talking about.
 

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,542
[jonathanwoss]

aww, i wub j00 weally dood.... weally weally I doo

[/jonathanwoss]

:p
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom