different kind of group setup, thoughs please

Wulz

Fledgling Freddie
A lil different group...
-----------------------------
cleric 39 rejuv 37 enhance
cleric 39 rejuv 37 enhance
(if buffbots one cleric can go 48 rejuv )

friar 49 enhance 39 staff 15 rejuv 13 parry (for ress and resists)
sorcerer 49 body 22 mind
sorcerer 49 mind 22 matter
reaver 50 flex, 42 shield, 41 soulrending <--- must autotrain flexible

2x sorc, AE-root + mess + debuff cold = ( reaver from behind style at lvl 50 153 dd cold)
run on caster speed

excells: Reaver will do good damage cause of debuff, from behind style, etc...
Good vs other tank groups since pulse damage debuff AND absorbtion debuff.
Both forms of CC always makes wonders. Good Vs caster groups, can chant pbaoe damage to interupt, got insta dots to interupt as well as lifetaps... 2 sorcs to do ae-amnesia. Tanks can guard eachother for extra defence. ( if incase you meet BM FOTM or SAVAGE FOTM that attacks tanks first) Alot of SLAM cc to preform on tanks.

Drawbacks: No determination, the most painfull thing to play without, but if caster groups can do it, theres no reason why this group cant do it. Light tanks. Not fastest speed. ( could thou argue to change sorc for minstrel and go 39 body 36 mind as one sorc)

i se no reason why this group could not work, sorcerer gets alot of stuff to do thou,
(mess root debuff interupt nuke demess). And the "hell" of not having determination is something you can work with if you have good players. good de-messers etc...

the speed might be an issue thou, in this setup i use 2 sorcs, one for root/debuff and
one for the messing, but you could strip one of for minstrel. (thus leaving the lone sorc
with LOTS on his hands to do =)

Friar are here for ovoius reasons... resists. He can also help in the assisttrain. wich he should. 2 clerics, 2 boof. Should keep you standing a long time, and since all the tanks got lifetap procs both from themselves, and the cleric buff. And then lifetap shouts also. that will help some in the longlivety of the group.

thou what im not sure of really is the damage dealt by reaver, if its decent or just gimped. Thou i recon they could give a heck of a frontload damage, all shouts, auras, hits, etc at one blow, guess that can hurt...

and offcause for all those alb luvers out there, that i know likes to zerg better than anything else... this group excells in Zerg battle cause you can turn on all yer pbdamage chant and leech RP like hell =D

im not sure if this have ever been tested really. comments and ideas would be nice. Not that i will play this group since i am mid... but i just liked to play with the idea of reaver group.
/wulz

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
reavers are so secksual!!

whips, for crying out loud!! whips!!!

as you said though, lack of determination is a big factor, since many fights are won and lost because of cc. if you have to rely on purge then it means that only twice an hour are you gonna have a chance aganinst any kind of 'fotm' group or any good cc'rs.

i guess mez dampening will help, but when you have purge up thats a nasty group :z

friar.gif
evilalbcaster.gif
fachan.gif
reaver.gif

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
having no mincer would mean no sos and that would somewhat gimp the grp tbh.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Clerics must have 40Rejuv, there's no excuse to rvr without the 100% res ;)

CC will be a problem if you get mezzed, sorcerers spend most of their time on the run and demezzing is difficult(specially if all your whole group is mezzed). Minstrels are Albs best interrupters so every group should have one.

A setup like this could be compared to a caster group, which work better for hibs because of GP... and mids can insta mezz> SMs run in > AoE stun > PBAoE.

It would work well as a leech/add group... but in fg encounters there would be alot of pressure on the sorcerers.

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
It's an interesting idea. I think your reavers would have endurance issues with no paladin in the group, though.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
AE mess/stun

Assist train

/release

shit but true, you would only be any good for 1 fight every 30mins if all had purge.

Det needs a nerf and giving to hybrids as well imo.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
2 clerics
1 mins
5 half ogre mercs with end pots xDDD

Gualin

Fledgling Freddie
I got this idea for a HIB RvR grp >8)

2 wards
2 druids
1 bard
3 tanks

2 wards because of double PBT (quite usefull in RvR IF ppl stick together)
2 druids because of GP (and usefull healing >8))
1 bard because of speed and mezz
3 tanks because this grp would be gimped without any offence >.<

:bazbeer:

And that grp that first posted first... :twak: It sounds weak >8) easy to take out with a FG of wardens >8))

Gualin 50 Warden >8)))

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
2 clerics
1 mins
5 half ogre mercs with end pots xDDD

rofl, ubarsetup tbh Matt :) wot u need 2 clerics for btw? 6 Halfogres with pots imo :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom