Different CLient after DR.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I like to use the Catacombs client instead of the DR client (seeing as DR client lags like hell, for me anyway) but does someone know if this is possible?
After I installed DR it seems like the Camelot.exe from Catacombs got replaced with the DR one so the icon on my desktop that says Catacombs is actually also DR.
Anyone know how to fix this or aren't you allowed to play the Catacombs client anymore since DR release?

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Either reinstall Catacombs from your CDs or download it from here. Copy your custom UI, user.dat, keyboard.dat and all your <charactername-33>.ini files from your DR folder into the new Catas install so you keep your settings and quickbars and you're good to go. Catas works fine in DR, the DR installer though modified your old Catas client into a DR one.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
It's also why a warning message appears that you have to click through on the installer. It says that if you want to still be able to play catacombs, to copy that directory first, as it'll be altered into a DR one.

Darzil

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Strange when I installed my Cata_Into_DR.exe the mythic install just auto copied EVERYTHING from the catacomb map to the new folder then rewrote it into DR. I still got my cata map left at this day and using it for freeshard :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
The US installer created a new DR folder and copied your Catacombs files into that, the EU installer just updated your current Catacombs install.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
You can force the DR client to run a catas account andri you just have to log into the char selection screen first - been using DR client on my bb account and its not DR enabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom