Games Diablo 3?

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Raven said:
I think it used to be but recently it's run out of steam. The whole Thrall walking about in a dress being emo is crap, they could have done so much more with the cataclysm than have a daft looking dragon flying about.

Have you read any Warcraft literature?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Still excited about D3, defo purchase for me. Worried about potential issues like the RMAH but if I don't like, I won't use.
Shit about PvP not being released on day 1 though, was really looking forward to that. Just a bit dissapointed with the 'simplicity' of the character build, despite being many different combos available. I think the ease at which you can change builds will cheapen characters.

Everz

FH is my second home
I dont get how anyone who loved D2 can enjoy this? It's the abomination (not that we shoud expect more from Blizzard) of a once great series. I've had a bash on beta and it was zzz after an hour. No lan is boring, battlenet 2.0 can diaf.

I for one and hugely disappointed and canceled me preorder.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't get why people are that bothered about the lack of LAN. Just connect to the internet and play together?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
old.Tohtori said:
And none of those reasons affect me whatsoever :p

Ragers will rage ;)

None of those bother me at all either, bring it on

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The oversimplification of games is a problem.

Geeks loved AD&D for a reason. It was complex. It was involved. It was fucking hard work to figure out - and all the more fun because of it.

I stopped playing WoW because they dumbed it down just too damn much.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I dont get how anyone who loved D2 can enjoy this? It's the abomination (not that we shoud expect more from Blizzard) of a once great series. I've had a bash on beta and it was zzz after an hour. No lan is boring, battlenet 2.0 can diaf.

I for one and hugely disappointed and canceled me preorder.
pfft - like you never rolled a Hammerdin :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
FcHNt.jpg

Aada

Part of the furniture
I honestly don't understand the LAN whine, do people still lug their PC around in the 21st Century?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nothing wrong with a LAN party. However, the last one I went to had WIFI I would imagine most will have some sort of internet connection. Kinda defeats the object of a LAN.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I still have mates come over (mostly with laptops) to spend a weekend blasting away at something. We tend to play really old games that we can use on the LAN rather than anything that needs to be internet connected.

Internet connections are a pain in the ass. There's nothing worse than having your mates come over to play a game and then virgin having problems that fuck up the entire weekend. Fuck that. I'd rather play something that I can keep control over myself.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
i cant remember the last time i noticed my internet being down

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Aye I see all the LAN whine on SC2 forums as well. Who the fuck uses LAN anymore? Alright, its fun, but nothing connecting to the net can't remedy. LAN was only good back in the day for 0 ping. I get 20 ping now and it makes chuff all difference.

Laddey

FH is my second home
I am overly excited about this. Like WAAAY excited.

I'm taking the following week off work just to smash D3.

Mainly for the pvp i reckon.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Aye I see all the LAN whine on SC2 forums as well. Who the fuck uses LAN anymore? Alright, its fun, but nothing connecting to the net can't remedy. LAN was only good back in the day for 0 ping. I get 20 ping now and it makes chuff all difference.

The main reason people complain about LAN in SC2 is for tournaments. There's plenty of examples of the internet going down in the middle of an important game at a tournament with shit loads of money on the line. If there was LAN then it wouldn't have happened. It always creates an awkward situation where the admins have to decide whether one player was far enough ahead to be given a win or if the game has to be replayed. The game being replayed is always a ball ache because players often have one-time surprise strategies prepared for particular maps; which obviously can't be used the second time because the other guy will be prepared.

I don't know why it matters for D3 though lol.

Also Battlenet 0.2 is shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom