DF nerf and plenty of changes.

gnafse

Fledgling Freddie
maybe it's time to run with 2x shamans then?
1x 50aug 20mend
1x 39cave 37aug

that mean only 2 healers in fotm setups though >.<

Shan said:
I agree that Friars need love, having played one myself. And buff shearing for friars would have probably given them groups.. But erm, imagine Friar that can have 48 - 49 Enhanc with cookie cutter spec, now how overpowered would that be? Take into consideration that:

a) Clerics need to heal, they can't just spam shears to every enemy they see
b) Same for druids
c) Shamans are needed for interruption. Can't ONLY spam shears, although probably better than a and b, since shears do dmg and dmg = interruption

Also any of those classes can't have 48 - 50 Aug/Enh/Nurt without having a "bot spec", they got 1.0x spec points.

Also Friar is not main buffing class (no spec buffs for others), this was change for BUFFING classes, NOT secondary healers (Friar? Healer? laff, but that's offtopic, same with Shaman).

Friar could just take shearing into main objective in RvR.. Which one would you take? One extra merc or huge castspeed + hp debuff on enemies? Shear + Debuff together.. 150 DEX on enemy casters anyone? ^^ or Luri chanters with 800hp, oops.

Buff shearing could have been put intot the Friar Rejuv line....god knows it needs help

Eroa

Banned
gnafse said:
1x 50aug 20mend
1x 39cave 37aug

that mean only 2 healers in fotm setups though >.<

Problem with 2 shamans is that there spells are nonstackable and there healing just sucks.

gnafse

Fledgling Freddie
i'm aware that the healing sucks, and spells don't stack. however it looks like beeing able to dispell buffbot specs can be very effective. will be interesting to see what the dmg effect will be when patch hit servers. if it's anything like the weak baseline DD's or the shaman DD it should be atleast worth a try :p

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
gnafse said:
i'm aware that the healing sucks, and spells don't stack. however it looks like beeing able to dispell buffbot specs can be very effective. will be interesting to see what the dmg effect will be when patch hit servers. if it's anything like the weak baseline DD's or the shaman DD it should be atleast worth a try :p
As I mentioned a guy who tested to cancel buffbot spells, couldn't remove yellow or higher (with 50 aug).

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
At last! Some Nightshade luuurve!

NS Spells boosted, some figures from VN..

"Delves for 100... does 300 damage on level 1 grays, castable DD does 220. End usage is 5%."

AND DF is getting nerfed, today is a good day!

Thrunge

Fledgling Freddie
I'm very happy that I can now see my friar buffs disappearing, its the change ive been waiting for lol
:twak:

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
Thrunge said:
I'm very happy that I can now see my friar buffs disappearing, its the change ive been waiting for lol
:twak:

it wont remove self buffs so take the :twak: back imo :p

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
I think the buff removal stuff could be a direct move to appease the anti-bb people around. It will prove interesting for groups who rely on afk bb's at the TK's when they have to keep running back to get buffs, or just run with 2 buffers, or deal with the fact that they can't have everything and be perfect and will have to use tactics again in the group set up in relation to how many buffs they need/want.
+ it gives bot specced shamen somehting more to do than just twiddle their thumbs.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
gnafse said:
is dat a bug Korax or? :mad:
No idea, but I hope all conc buffs will be invu. Temporary debuff is much better then everyone having to rebuff after fight. Just annoying, dont help anyone.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
My cleric has 36Enhance, and I buff with +25% effectiveness items and have mota1. This puts my str/con buff at the same level as a 50Enh bot with mota2. And it sounds like it will be impossible for a shaman/druid to shear my buffs... so what's the point? oO

Shearing will only be good against lowbie XP groups from the sounds of it.... unless they have a lv50 bot :p

gnafse

Fledgling Freddie
read abit on VN boards

"Ionait
Title: Mythic Team Lead

Each realm's spells are a bit different.

Clerics have greater range because they don't have the longer holding CC like druids and shamen do with baseline roots.

Druids shears will do a little more damage because druids do not have any baseline ranged damage like clerics and shaman do.

Shaman shears cast a little faster because the shaman has to be in 1500 range for endurance for their group."

sounds fair i guess. these are still in fer testing.

about not beeing able to remove red or yellow buffs:

actually ya might not be able to remove blue spec buffs, thing is buff shear can currently only remove buffs that is < ~75. ToA gear and Mastery of the Arcane will easily keep yer buffs higher than that a buff shear spell can remove. From what i could make out from the team lead they wanted to make it so stronger buffs can be removed.

Perhaps make a buff shear RA, or make buff bonus from ToA items affect buff shears?

lots of nice info, and some testing can be found here:
http://vnboards.ign.com/Hibernia_Naturalist_Professions/b20910/65565920/p1

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
NetNifty said:
it wont remove self buffs so take the :twak: back imo :p

Read patch notes for the 2nd time, if you still dont get it, 3rd time...Well if you still dont get it, read this:

Friar

- The following Friar spells now have the appropriate expire messages attached to them: Shield of Faith, Shield of Piety, Shield of Devotion, Shield of Grace, Shield of Justice, Shield of Zeal, Shield of Holiness, Shield of the Sanctified, Blessing of Absorption, Blessing of Dissipation, Saint's Energy, Saint's Stamina, Saint's Persistence, and Saint's Tenacity.

That's the change he was talking about :twak: ;)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
imo it was abit of a hard hit with the nerf bat on DF, but seems like it always is, la "fix" for example.

Reading some of the posts on VN, looks like alot of the fotmfils will reroll something else, yet, thrust infils will stop be on top with the higher spec points, and the extra dmg/ws with specing 50thrust.

Will require a lil more concentration on winning thats all, and CS speced infils will still be able to pull of long hamstring combos, continuing still when target has passed 5sec.

Perhaps some of the older thrust speced infils will know how it felt for the sb class when they were hit hard.

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
Read patch notes for the 2nd time, if you still dont get it, 3rd time...Well if you still dont get it, read this:

That's the change he was talking about :twak: ;)

oh lol, thought he was saying "seeing buffs dissapear" as in "my buffs were just sheared!" ;)

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
Korax said:
No idea, but I hope all conc buffs will be invu. Temporary debuff is much better then everyone having to rebuff after fight. Just annoying, dont help anyone.

You mean go back to Portal keep and rebuff off bot

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
gnafse said:
1x 50aug 20mend
1x 39cave 37aug

Why have a 37 aug shammy when you have a 50 one in group? Time to break out the red ae root and pbae disease imo :)

Edit: Only real point would be to make him immune to buff shears (tbh should call them unbuffs, that's what they are after all) by using his own end regen etc. But with 49 cave he would be stlong interrupter, and maybe could actually do dmg with cave spells? :eek7:
Maybe too high power drain for long fights though, dunno.

Glendower

Fledgling Freddie
Smarter move, but harder to code, would ust be a formula to have buff shears work like a spell and do a resist calc based on relative level.

If the shears cant take off yellow or red buffs, then the change is worthless.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
InertiaSlave said:
But with 49 cave he would be stlong interrupter, and maybe could actually do dmg with cave spells? :eek7:
Maybe too high power drain for long fights though, dunno.

im 39 cave 37 aug and i rarely get my spells resisted.. and even if they are resisted they still interrupt.. im not really trying to do damage with my shammy. well i am but im just assisting the MA and cast single target dot.. the bolt and DD isnt worth the power cost.. the only spells from cave line i use is the pbae disease, AE root and AE disease and MAYBE the bolt if i see someone trying to sneak away and i dont want that person to get any speed buffs working... the AE dot i dont even have on the rvr QB as all its good for is breaking mezz.. the spreadheals made every AE dot worthless imo...

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
This change seems to make the buffbot + MOA 3 + 25% state enhancement unshearable. So PK buffbots will be untouched. Which mean that the ability of a high aug shaman to strip these must be in question?

I mean alot of opted groups have 2 buffbots back at PK, so the whole group is buffed without touching the conc of the group Shaman. The Shaman who goes out tends to be there for endurance/buffs for those who died and either healing / rooting.

Now it will be worth considering moving the Shaman from a split spec to a 47/28 aug, low mend spec (ie a poorr mans healer, though with +25% heal effective that will help the friggs). But may need MOA to have a reasonable chance of shrearing another group buffs.

I also think these shrears are going to be effecitve against MA trains. Since the players are tightly grouped and with 2 casts you can potentially reduce their attack speed and hps.

Caster groups tend to spread out, so that means AOE shrears are less effective, and individually casting a shrear for each caster would take alot of time.

Sigurd

Banned
You all know I'm special, most infamous barrysworld personality :p

It could be in one of the later patches, although I doubt it.. all I know is stuns like slam/dragonfang don't seem to stop me much, I still own infils for example, even as a gimped shar piercemaster.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe DF nerf (even if it's a needed nerf) will make things even worse :)

1. DF infs roxx
2. Mids/hibs cry a river
3. Infi stealthzerg
4. DF nerfed
5. Infs feel nerfed and weak (not true but some infs will feel like that) so make bigger stealthzerg
6. Mids/hibs cry an ocean.

God save servers from this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom