DF nerf and plenty of changes.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Anti-buff spells. Sounds nice - now maybe i'll feel like i'm contributing more than just my End regen :D

Sarnat

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
Anti-buff spells. Sounds nice - now maybe i'll feel like i'm contributing more than just my End regen :D

I didnt find these buff shear spells a good idea. The single target ones are ok but AE versions...

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
It'll be interesting to see how it works.

I wonder how much damage buff shearing will cause. Could prove quite dangerous to be too buffed ! By only affecting those cast by others, it should help balance out those characters whose self buff is required to compete, but who are severely outclassed by buffed characters.

Hopefully it'll tempt buff bots away and into the frontiers where they can be killed !

And all the Crush Mercs should be happy, as they can finally get an off hand artifact weapon, and a choice at that !

Can't wait for seeing endurance on the group window, either.

Darzil

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
They turning DF into Diamondback, too bad DF will reamin lvl 50 style while DB is lvl 25... If they wanna nerf DF this is definetly not the way.

Ethiraseth

Fledgling Freddie
Same as i thought, it just makes no sense tonerf a level 50 style to the same as a level 25 style. Hopefully it gets changed to something else.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Sarnat said:
I didnt find these buff shear spells a good idea. The single target ones are ok but AE versions...

Your probably right, chances are the AE versions will be removed or made impractical to use in some way (in any case it still means i'll be the first to get wtfpwned by the /assist train. Only now they'll be even more desperate to get at me. :D )

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
That buff removing spell is nothing special, sorcerers (and dunno which other 2 classes in hib/mid) have had a dex/qui and stre/con debuff spell for a long time. Need to see how much damage it does tho, prob. it will just return the +con that you've lost as damage (and that can hurt a lot, up to 300-400 hp's). But I really hoped that they added a range on conc based buffs, after reading the first few sentences of the healing class changes :(

This patch will probably bring a lot of whining cause of the df nerf, and imo should make it 6 or 7 sec, 5 sec is really too low...

Sigurd

Banned
Great patch, my BM is saved! Now I don't have to waste my Croc Tooth Dagger when I respec to blunt, and I can get the best weapon in the game in blunt... mwahahaha... something finally done about buffbots and infils, GG Mythic :clap:

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
shoulda put df 2nd in chain or something, and made frosty gaze slightly longer as its 2nd in chain and higher level than diamondback :\

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
Great patch, my BM is saved! Now I don't have to waste my Croc Tooth Dagger when I respec to blunt, and I can get the best weapon in the game in blunt... mwahahaha... something finally done about buffbots and infils, GG Mythic :clap:

Nothing is done about bots ;\ Groups will have to go rebuff more often though(if new spells actually remove buffs)

...and infils are still da best! ^^

Treehuggers on the other hands got a nice nerf of those gay doggies with rangeless bladeturns on them :flame:

/em goes to VN to enjoy some evening whine...

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Darzil said:
By only affecting those cast by others, it should help balance out those characters whose self buff is required to compete, but who are severely outclassed by buffed characters.

/me wishes his Armsman had even self buffs

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
This shearing stuff sounds pretty cool, mids will be at a disadvantage though.
Cleric stripping str/con and Sorc debuffing the same is going to hurt.

What is the normal spec for a shaman?
Most Cleric/Druids have ~40Heal and around 36Buff - which will give the best single-target Str/con debuff

I'm hoping the dragonfang nerf will make all the Ebay infils cancel their accounts = less stealth zerg = I can play my inf again :p

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Mavl said:
Nothing is done about bots ;\ Groups will have to go rebuff more often though(if new spells actually remove buffs)

QUOTE]

This from the patch notes: Concentration and timed buffs that a character has cast on themselves are immune from buff shearing.
Presumably this refer to personal buffs?

Wonder whether the timed buffs are more powerful than concentraion buffs?

Roll on EQ :)

Oh yes, there's an animist change in there as well. No more than 15 shooms allowed now.

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Remember about the shearing buffs that they only remove the buffs buffed up with the new AE buffing spells that are 50% as effective.
So the fights between smaller forces (like single groups) isn't going to change much, because they have conc buffs (shearing doesn't remove conc/self buffs).

Or atleast that's how I understood it when I read through it last night :)

Sigurd

Banned
I think they remove all buffs except self buffs (normal and conc self buffs)

Blitzing

Fledgling Freddie
Ethiraseth said:
Same as i thought, it just makes no sense tonerf a level 50 style to the same as a level 25 style. Hopefully it gets changed to something else.

i think its fair enough, SB dont have access to a good stun style other than the CS stun styles, cause the LA stun style sucks, cause you have to spec rather high in LA to get it, and LA sucks now. so i think its fair, okay, they could maybe give the Infil a lvl 25 or 34 evade stun style, but then, i would think that the SB should have one to, not just the ohh so good LA stun style

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
Thats not right Belor.

The shear buffs can remove any buffs on a player unless that player has cast conc/timed buffs on himself. So If a cleric has buffed himself he is immune to being sheared.. if his bot friend buffed him then he can be sheared.

However.. only the highest shear spells can shear the highest buffs.. so if you try and use a yellow spec shear str/con on a guy who has been buffed with red spec ToA/MoA enriched specs then you wont be able to affect him.. you would need the red spec shear spell to strip him.

So basically it encourages a higher enh spec for clerics (and the equivelant for other realms).. so some of those bots may get a space in a gank grp now for the main job of AOE shearing the enemy.

Has a long range too.. Im just seeing problems now with breaking mezz.. the sorc and shear cleric will need to discuss their tactics before engaging.

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
apparently the top buff removers only remove buffs which add less than 75 of the stat, meaning a yellow buff with MoA1 will be unaffected... meaning no change whatsoever to buffbots except that bot buffs will not be able to be removed and that bots can now buff 40 ppl at once.

And a nice undocumented change: NECRO PURGE AT 25 BASELINE PAINWORKING :D

It delves as a dispell: the specified negative effec is removed from the target.

range 1000, power cost: 6% casttime 15s

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
Also.. shade form has been nerfed (from SoM and traiters dagger).

In shade form you will now look like a naked version of your race in a spooky goth colour. e.g...

ShadeMode.jpg

The proc is still usefull but now ppl can see your weapons/instruments etc so it dont hide you or your class very well.

Glad I didnt get the traitors dagger now.. although looking like that will have a certain novelty value.. Im sure after spending the time leveling an artifact to lvl10 it will get old fast. :mad:

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
I think they remove all buffs except self buffs (normal and conc self buffs)
Conc buffs are immune.

As for the DF nerf, it was about time as everyone knows. Infil is still the best asassin. If my NS could spec 50 pierce, I would even if I didnt get anything, and then they could set DB to 50 without me caring. :)

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Oh, must've read wrong then.

Removing only lower spec buffs sounds like good idea to encourage higher buff specs for people actually going out from PK.. But then again, if buffbot buffs can never be removed, it'll be so silly and make groups even more "dependant" on buffbots and those that choose not to use buffbots even when available will get even more disadvantage.. As if it wasn't enough that when you kill enemy buffer, not a single person from his group drops buffs :(

Add range to conc buffs with this change and it'd be great :)

1. Nice to see Friars get passed over for Buff shearing unlike shamans /sarcasm off
2. NICE DF NERF!! go go mythic :clap: :clap:
3. Very disappointed that Friars werent given the buff taking spells, like Clerics dont have enough to do as it is..like heal!! ffs !! mythic pay attention!! Friars NEED Group love and this could have been it!! i could have seen the spam now.... BUFF SHEAR FFS!!! n00b!!!!

still atleast a few infils will bugger off now

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Well, it's stupid how DF got nerfed, there are better ways.. But note that this is just Pendragon, still in testing.

but GOD it's fun to see all the EBAY Infs crying on VN. Best comment:

"Screw the respec too, as a saracen, I'm dex based, if I wanna go swords, str is now the prime stats, I want to be changed to a briton. but guess they didnt take that into consideration. what it boils down to me is that I've wasted about 40 days on a character who's become less and less effective every since ToA has been released."

aka "they didn't take it into consideration that i can't instantly change myself to newest FOTM assassin" xD

Also it's funny how they cry about getting just single respec... SB's didn't get more either, and what use was 1 single respec for 4 or 5spec SB ? :p

Also someone already sold his Inf on EBAY because of this. SOLD because of 1 style change that is not even live YET. The yanks are always so amusing ^^

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
1. Nice to see Friars get passed over for Buff shearing unlike shamans /sarcasm off

3. Very disappointed that Friars werent given the buff taking spells, like Clerics dont have enough to do as it is..like heal!! ffs !! mythic pay attention!! Friars NEED Group love and this could have been it!! i could have seen the spam now.... BUFF SHEAR FFS!!! n00b!!!!

I agree that Friars need love, having played one myself. And buff shearing for friars would have probably given them groups.. But erm, imagine Friar that can have 48 - 49 Enhanc with cookie cutter spec, now how overpowered would that be? Take into consideration that:

a) Clerics need to heal, they can't just spam shears to every enemy they see
b) Same for druids
c) Shamans are needed for interruption. Can't ONLY spam shears, although probably better than a and b, since shears do dmg and dmg = interruption

Also any of those classes can't have 48 - 50 Aug/Enh/Nurt without having a "bot spec", they got 1.0x spec points.

Also Friar is not main buffing class (no spec buffs for others), this was change for BUFFING classes, NOT secondary healers (Friar? Healer? laff, but that's offtopic, same with Shaman).

Friar could just take shearing into main objective in RvR.. Which one would you take? One extra merc or huge castspeed + hp debuff on enemies? Shear + Debuff together.. 150 DEX on enemy casters anyone? ^^ or Luri chanters with 800hp, oops.

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
Actually this buff change has 2 purposes...

1st is the BB issue...

Im pretty sure you will be able to shear ALL buffs off a 'buffed by someone else' player.. no matter how high the spec buffs they have as long as you have high enough spec shear spell.

Its still a little fuzzy atm but after the yanks have tested it Im sure we will get a clearer picture.. if you cant shear BB+ToA+MoA buffs then that would be silly and as ppl have said would only lead to more BBs if anything.

2nd is to give clerics a more offensive roll in a grp if they so choose...

Yes they have smite.. but speccing in smite is a lot more of a commitment then speccing higher in enhance than you would normally do. Maybe they should fix smite to be more powerfull? Well Im sure that would make the cleric a more rounded class.

Anyway so now instead of spamming spread heals in a fight a cleric can be called upon to do more.. i.e. Shearing the enemy to make them hit like pansies.

So all in all.. I think this will add more variety to RvR grp encounters which can only be a good thing.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Read on vn (so much fun whine) that only conc buffs cast on yourself is immune. Anyway, yellow and red buffs cant be removed anyway according to a dude who tested it. That part is pretty shitty though, if the blue buffs go out from time to time it just means annoying rebuff. Temporary rebuff is so much better. Buff sharing works on the pbae buffs is good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom