News Dey Tok Urrr Jobs - 2/3 new jobs in UK go to foreigners

Ormorof

FH is my second home

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well even if someone is gonna run in soon with "daily fail!", as seems to be custom here, i'll say this much; immigrants do the sh*t people won't do. Gardening, cleaning, toilet scrubbing etc. Without the workforce, we'd probably be up the shooter.

Kind of a hangover from the slavery days, dependancy for a cheap workforce to do the menial jobs.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
It's not always a question of "wont do" or "dont want to do"
often it comes down to: I'm not willing to pay that!
with the resulting: Well I wont do it for that!/ my union wont allow that

Now que the: I'll do it for that amount

ok, it's a deal...

bah..foreigners are taking all our jobs!

Gogo Capitalism!!

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I'd be interested to know how many of these jobs pay similar or lower amounts than could be gotten through welfare if enough kids are squeezed out. There are already familes in London who receive more in housing benefit than I earn in a year.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Or just have 2 kids then be awarded a house AND a full time wage. FREE!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Those figures will be horribly wrong with it being the Daily Fail.

As for foreign people taking low paid jobs, that's UK peoples fault, if they were willing to work as hard or do jobs that they think are below them then they would be more likely to employ UK people, for language reasons alone.

Kids need to be told early what their limits are. Not everyone can do anything they want, some people are just limited.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Only one off though Toto!

Tbh is sickens me the mentality of some people in this country, like Raven says, thinking a job is above them, but sitting on the dole for example is perfectly acceptable. If these ***** got off their high horses and took a lower paid job and put the work in, they could easily work their way up, I know most supermarkets/Mcdonalds etc having stepping stone schemes for their staff.

I'd choose doing anything over signing on, my pride wouldn't let me. Last year I was working as a cleaner, had that for over a year. It was a good opportunity to get my foot in the door, now I'm working as a courier/delivery driver, good fun really.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
well said, bill

too many workshy lazy shites not pulling their weight out there

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
well said, bill

too many workshy lazy shites not pulling their weight out there

Too many good people thrown on the scrap-heap as well, with little or zero useful training open to them so they could take a job that would help break them out of the benefits trap. Two fully qualfied electrician friends of mine have been out of work for 6 months now, they have been for dozens of jobs but the competition is fierce and them having families with children is making it near impossible to move. They would move if the job was right but even then they have the massive problem of having to sell houses firmly in negative equity, they would have to take that financial hit but also have to try and obtain more credit to fund the move itself. All this at a time when banks just aren't lending, especially if you have no collateral such as a house to put up.

Remember guys, there are always at least two sides to a story, not everyone who has been unemployed over 6 months are workshy.

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Tbh is sickens me the mentality of some people in this country, like Raven says, thinking a job is above them, but sitting on the dole for example is perfectly acceptable. If these ***** got off their high horses and took a lower paid job and put the work in, they could easily work their way up, I know most supermarkets/Mcdonalds etc having stepping stone schemes for their staff.

Yeah, I've tried. I've done IT support for 10+ years. Tried Tescos, Asda and Sainsburys, tried office admin jobs, office junior, menial office stuff. You know what I get? "You're too overqualified, you'll be bored in a month and leave."

I even tried the online KFC application which was also rejected.

Admittedly, I've not gone for the totally menial jobs like cleaning, shit shoveller or the like, but I'd bet there'd be a similar response.

I understand your sentiment for those who fucked up school, have no quals, or have a low intelligence, and for for those who can't bothered, but seriously, as I said in other threads, please don't lump everyone into the category. Just 'cause I'm claiming, doesn't make a cnut.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, I've tried. I've done IT support for 10+ years. Tried Tescos, Asda and Sainsburys, tried office admin jobs, office junior, menial office stuff. You know what I get? "You're too overqualified, you'll be bored in a month and leave."

I even tried the online KFC application which was also rejected.

Admittedly, I've not gone for the totally menial jobs like cleaning, shit shoveller or the like, but I'd bet there'd be a similar response.

I understand your sentiment for those who fucked up school, have no quals, or have a low intelligence, and for for those who can't bothered, but seriously, as I said in other threads, please don't lump everyone into the category. Just 'cause I'm claiming, doesn't make a cnut.

Same boat for me bud, had to claim while I was out recovering from a couple of operations on my spine. Took me over a year to get back into work, ended up contracting which can be very unreliable, one agency I worked for went bust last year and the current one I am working for is on the brink of administration as well. After January contract work drops right off until April which means there is a good chance I will have to make a benefits claim again next month even though it breaks my heart to do so but I have to be able to put the lights on and food in my stomach.

I honestly fear for later in the year with all the public sector job cuts, it is going to have a knock on effect for the private sector which supplies alot of services into public, that is where much of my I.T. work comes from. Would love to retrain but can't afford to finance it myself, can't get enough credit to do it and the government funded training is at the level of complete spackers. Honestly, if I needed CLAIT courses I would just off in a river myself right now and save the state the expense of a funeral.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I think you're mistaken what I've said Talyn and cHo. I'm not labelling everyone on the dole to be a good for nothing sponger, merely stating the workshy ones, and who don't even attempt to find work (and I know of plenty) are a bunch of twats, they may be nice folk, but work shy twats non the less. I truely feel for the lot of you who are trying to go for bog standard jobs when you could be working much better jobs.

Himse

FH is my second home
Only one off though Toto!

I'd choose doing anything over signing on, my pride wouldn't let me. Last year I was working as a cleaner, had that for over a year. It was a good opportunity to get my foot in the door, now I'm working as a courier/delivery driver, good fun really.

I was thinking about courier/delivery driver jobs. Had my licence 3 years with no points and will be 21 in June. Just to make some money on the side I was thinking it'd be alright like!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
And ofcourse one ahs to remember; have you been in a situation where your only option was toilet cleaning? If not, kid of highhorsey ;)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
It's good fun emom8, go to work, drive about and drop some shit off, go home. Barely feels like a real job :D

And ofcourse one ahs to remember; have you been in a situation where your only option was toilet cleaning? If not, kid of highhorsey ;)
Bog cleaning was part of my job when I was a cleaner, I'm allowed to go there! :p Granted it probably wasn't my 'only' choice, but I'd tried plenty to find work elsewhere and had no luck.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeap, bog cleaners can call everyone else a lazy bastards for sure :D

I couldn't even get a cleaning job because there's far better peeps to do it and there's a government cleaning crew too i think.

5mil pop, well educated country sucks at times.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Funnily enough I had a cleaning job aged 16 until 19 while I was at college, cleaned many toilets and it isn't fucking nice at all. :D

Himse

FH is my second home
How did you go about just driving Billy?

Do you use your own car, or do you get a van?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
If you go down the supermarket route like I did man, try and get it with Tesco over Asda, they pay their drivers like £2 extra/hour. Not sure how Sainsburys wage is. Just apply as home shopping driver, only real criteria is you need to have had your license for a year and pass some theory type shit, but it's a doddle. They all have their own vans anyway, we've not long got a convoy of 6 new 10 plate Merc vans, they'd be lovely if they weren't restricted to 60 :p

As far as I know, if you get a job with DPD you generally have to lease the vans out yourself, which I think works out cheaper than actually using the companies vans. Been peeking about at doing that lately, but very little of those jobs going up here currently. Not sure how City Link, DHL, UPS etc work.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Don't get me wrong, not everyone on the dole is a slacker. That's the point of it, something to keep you going while you are searching for a new job, I would quite happily see dole payments increased if everyone on it was actually using it for what it was intended.

rynnor

Rockhound
Its not just low skill/ low pay jobs that are going to foreigners - I would elaborate but it could get me into trouble...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its not just low skill/ low pay jobs that are going to foreigners - I would elaborate but it could get me into trouble...

Doctors? That is down to us not recruiting/training enough of our own or the ones we do train fucking off to work somewhere else.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Don't get me wrong, not everyone on the dole is a slacker. That's the point of it, something to keep you going while you are searching for a new job, I would quite happily see dole payments increased if everyone on it was actually using it for what it was intended.

Thats the way it has always been in ireland, tho there was always a small percentage like 2-3% who refused to work like travellers and stoners, but the system has gone to pot with all the eastern europeans and irish/english welfare irish sea hopping travellers, main problem atm is there are no jobs and its going to end up with a generation of young people who think work is below them and wont ever bother looking for work, you can see them on the piss in any town in ireland as i struggle to make ends meet ... total bollox tbh :twak:

Implement military service for anyone 2 years out of work tbh, i would have fucking loved it when i was unemployed for a year or so when younger :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom