Determination?

O

old.LandShark

Friars need fun too :'(
And, sorry, but whaaa? Heat, cold and matter are crap for RvR? :/
Inferior to body/energy/spirit is debatable, but crap?!

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Friars need fun too :'(
And, sorry, but whaaa? Heat, cold and matter are crap for RvR? :/
Inferior to body/energy/spirit is debatable, but crap?!

Other than heat reducing hibbie stun duration, what do they really give?

Midgard groups are melee groups you might see a shaman dot in there :rolleyes:

Hibbie caster groups are all debuff-nuking, or pbae.

O

old.LandShark

Actually, that's depressing as all-get-out. I hadn't thought about it like that, but I can count the number of runies/light elds I've seen lately on one hand. Matter has probably been more use to me solo assassin-baiting than against druid roots or shaman cave magic in general, so, you're probably right there. Heat... gah. Fuck chanters, dammit. Can't even remember last time I got nuked by a light mentalist or baseline nuked by a light eld. Hell, if it even happened I was probably heat debuffed at the time anyway.
Damn you Pin, I made myself sad.

farnsworth.gif

T

Treniel-

still thinking on what to respec to full pole full 2h etc can't decide

:(

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Pin
(and the alb group has 2 people to de-mezz ;))

yeh det isnt so critical for mezz as much as roots, there is no cure and shamen single target root is 83(!)seconds on matter resist.

thats a _full minute_ a non-det tank is twiddling his fingers (with capped matter resist from sc/items) with no friar in the grp...

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by Kagato.
Except that you can be parried, block, evaded or miss by any of the normal means in combat, you dont get 2 'freebie' hits in, and depending on what class your facing your prone to any form of instant dd/stun whatever as per normal.

mmm n u claim to be a good arms with good spec?

sorry had to say, since phalnax is bk positional, n none can parry or block from behind...

as we said... ur enemy is stunned... u deal phalnax n wile landing aegis he start moveing again, as far as i remeber... only minstrel have insta stun, n if u get a dd who cares =)

'have a good day

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by K0nah
yeh det isnt so critical for mezz as much as roots, there is no cure and shamen single target root is 83(!)seconds on matter resist.

thats a _full minute_ a non-det tank is twiddling his fingers (with capped matter resist from sc/items) with no friar in the grp...

XBOW =)

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by K0nah

You probably get less then 5 seconds later a stupid AoE-dot on you if a shaman roots you, which breaks the root anyhow and makes you immune for mezz and root during the time of the DoT.

Lastnight I got rooted with my friar, it lasted very long (was from a druid single target) because nobody broke the root on me.

During the time of the root I did some backup heals and rezzed someone.

J

Jiggs

i've done 2mercs and a reaver as the melee

didnt work very well cos the reaver was always somewhere mezzed/rooted :)

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by old.Sanar
So when did mentalists lose ability to cure mez?

He meant in the common fg setup of each realm .........

S

StormriderX

Mid groups with SM's get even more people who can cure mezz...

As for hybrids - any tank without det is a liability imo. Pure tank everytime over a hybrid.

V

vintervargen

only classes that should have determination are hero warrior and armsman imho.

P

Pin

The whole thing comes down to pure tanks being overpowered currently to the point of marginalising hybrids and completely castrating casters.

In my opinion Determination needs nerfing. e.g. reducing to 10% per level (and I'm hoping the RA review would do something like this).

Yes mezz used to be a problem a year ago when everyone had crap gear, resists didn't effeect it, there was no AE fall-off, etc. But having 90%+ CC immunity is fricking stupid.

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by Silenzio

sorry had to say, since phalnax is bk positional, n none can parry or block from behind...

as we said... ur enemy is stunned... u deal phalnax n wile landing aegis he start moveing again, as far as i remeber... only minstrel have insta stun, n if u get a dd who cares =)

'have a good day

Erm duh, think about what I actually said, you can't get TWO freebie styles, phalanx is the first freebie style you get in, your enemy will be free before you land the SECOND style dumbass, in which case he can block/parry/evade or whatever the SECOND style.

And only minstrels? Since when we're we talking about alb only duels, this is rvr.

Try reading a post proply before replying.

'have a good day back.

P

Pin

Erm duh, think about what I actually said, you can't get TWO freebie styles, phalanx is the first freebie style you get in, your enemy will be free before you land the SECOND style dumbass, in which case he can block/parry/evade or whatever the SECOND style.

how tf did you manage to drop your swing delay to 8seconds without debuffs? Damn, you must hit hard at that speed.

S

Silenzio

And only minstrels? Since when we're we talking about alb only duels, this is rvr.

Try reading a post proply before replying.

'have a good day back.

nice *censored* u r =)

i read correctly, my example bout minstrel was just to show that
thers no clase with insta stun in others realm,
n than ur point is worthless

n again if ur second swing get parried evade ecc... u still landed 2 swing wich one is slam n the second phalnax

now stop... read again... power up ur brain ... loop

ok now try

*since u cant reply politely have to adapt my self*

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by Silenzio
nice *censored* u r =)

i read correctly, my example bout minstrel was just to show that
thers no clase with insta stun in others realm,
n than ur point is worthless

n again if ur second swing get parried evade ecc... u still landed 2 swing wich one is slam n the second phalnax

now stop... read again... power up ur brain ... loop

ok now try

*since u cant reply politely have to adapt my self*

lol and which part of your reply :

'have a good day

Qualified as 'polite' exactly?

And note in all my replies I highlighted 'freebie' style, phalanx is your first style your using whilst the oponent is stunned, hence its freebie as they have nothing they can do about it, Defenders Aegis is your 2nd style your trying to land whilst there stunned.

If they parry/evade or block your Aegis then you still only got one hit on them before there free. Is this really so hard for you to understand? Im not saying you'll lose the battle because of this, but it shouldn't be taken for granted either.

And if you think no one in the other realms has instant stun/mezz or snare then your in for a nasty shock.

P

Pin

And note in all my replies I highlighted 'freebie' style, phalanx is your first style your using whilst the oponent is stunned, hence its freebie as they have nothing they can do about it, Defenders Aegis is your 2nd style your trying to land whilst there stunned.

If they parry/evade or block your Aegis then you still only got one hit on them before there free. Is this really so hard for you to understand? Im not saying you'll lose the battle because of this, but it shouldn't be taken for granted either.

Again... How can you not get 2 styles in after a slam? even with +0 qui you'll swing Aegis before he is unstunned.

S

soylent green

Shieldstun, delay, first swing, delay, second swing. Count how many seconds that is with a polearm.

P

Pin

Originally posted by soylent green
Shieldstun, delay, first swing, delay, second swing. Count how many seconds that is with a polearm.

Slam -> ~2sec delay -> Swing 1 -> ~5-6sec delay -> Swing 2.

Swing 2 happens around 8 seconds after slam.

edit: Oh, and if the delay does indeed take it over the slam duration then I know if I was a Hybrid Arms I would make damned sure I added just the right amount of +Qui on my gear to put it under the duration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom