Determination?

K

Karlo

Originally posted by Ialkarn

Also..all tanks should get Prevent Flight (Soldier Barricade too if Armsmen).

Prevent flight = fantastic RA imo

P

Pin

Originally posted by cougar-
not that many savages yet if you do a /who savage , but most of them do rvr ;)

how many is 'not that many' ?

/who reaver 50 will hit around 6 at primetime

F

Flimgoblin

sad thing is armsmen should be viable as a hybrid offence/defence (whereas mercs and paladins should have to choose one or tother)

oh well maybe they'll fix the dual speccing someday.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Pin
how many is 'not that many' ?

/who reaver 50 will hit around 6 at primetime

there are _alot_ more savages, ill be home in a week and we can do some synced /who's pin.

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
sad thing is armsmen should be viable as a hybrid offence/defence (whereas mercs and paladins should have to choose one or tother)

oh well maybe they'll fix the dual speccing someday.

yep thats very good point, arms aren't a bad class its just the lack the flexibility of heros and warriors...

and prevent flight is brilliant RA, possibly the best RA you can get for group combat...

J

Jiggs

yes but the point he made is you can choose...

not what they should do, i mean pala can go 2hd, doesnt mean he should!!

S

Silenzio

det help alot... good choice...

for the hybrid quest... the story is... if the Hybrid have 50 Pole

get it u wont notice any difference, n he gona have few more tools if needed =)

n yess after slam u can land phalnax/def aegis
maybe u get hitted wile allready swinging aegis but every advantage for wee it could it be is still an advantage...

if the hybrid got 44 pole ... mmm than... not maxed can be n issue soz i dont like that rlly meen less weapskill...

soldier barricade is to expensive to be rlly worth not comparable to BOF

some post here rlly make me sad rlly... not gettin him if is low rr
n such like...

my arms is low rr, only rr4
hybryd speced 50 pole...

but seems strange... when in group, ppl /t me such like congratulation or so for good assist or been main tank...

wonder my self why, im hybryd n low rr, but fek... im able to assit n deal 400/600 damager per hit depend on target... anyone could explain me?

A

araan

Originally posted by Kagato.
As for slam, I havent seen anyone able to slam me and pull off two styles before I can /face them again. with a 9 second stun it just doesn't happen or your fighting someone to slow to react. Try it yourself, spam /face and line up your reactive styles shortly after the first style lands and you'll be facing them again before they get a second hit off. Maybe if you use a pike or fastest speed two-handed you might just pull it off, but then your sacrificing your damage for it.

it doesnt matter though, the first style you do is phallax, back the second def aeg doesnt matter on def aeg if they are facing you or not...

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Falcor
granted i do less damage than pure pole

You specced 44 pole ? Because if you have 50 pole there won't be a significant difference in damage.

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by K0nah
mercs are offence.
Bah... when I think of all the witty comments I could have made if you'd said 'mercs are offensive' instead! :rolleyes:

P

Pin

Originally posted by alithiel50
Bah... when I think of all the witty comments I could have made if you'd said 'mercs are offensive' instead! :rolleyes:

you could have just changed the quote and no one would have noticed :p

B

Belomar

They may be some redeeming features in the versitality of a hybrid if you like operating in the zerg
Right. Awards to Kagato for the most patronizing, arrogant statement today.

V

Vireb

Originally posted by Falcor
heh kagato dont be so anti hybrid spec, granted i do less damage than pure pole, but pure pole tanks get eaten alive by pbt, i like my spec, and when u get high rr tbh i dont think there is that big a difference, with the aug str/dex plus mopain, i get 2 hits in loads of times, and to insist hybrid tanks are zergers lol thats pathetic =/
pure polers dont have probs with pbt its about rvr not 1vs1 , eg main attack assist , ok one of them may just be poppin gpbt but the rest are kicking the crap out of that person

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by araan
it doesnt matter though, the first style you do is phallax, back the second def aeg doesnt matter on def aeg if they are facing you or not...

Except that you can be parried, block, evaded or miss by any of the normal means in combat, you dont get 2 'freebie' hits in, and depending on what class your facing your prone to any form of instant dd/stun whatever as per normal.

Right. Awards to Kagato for the most patronizing, arrogant statement today.

Takes a /bow

Though I actually made the statements yesterday. (you can add Pedantic to the list now too).

pure polers dont have probs with pbt its about rvr not 1vs1 , eg main attack assist , ok one of them may just be poppin gpbt but the rest are kicking the crap out of that person

Agreed, as I said earlier a merc and pure poler working together with assist is lethal, though the same goes for a merc and any pure front load damage dealer.

but pure pole tanks get eaten alive by pbt

Fastest pbt is 6 seconds, the unmodified swing speed of even the slowest thrust pole is the Partizan at 5.5 seconds, thats before quickness, haste buffs or dex/quick buffs. Your going to be hitting every other hit just like normal, If you use a 3.4 Second weapon your still not going to get anymore then 1 hit in between each pulse so how do we suffer any worse for it? Unless your dual wielding your not going to be any worse off and if all you want to do is pop the pbt you can still switch weapons and use crappy on-hand thrust style if it matter that much to you. Its possible that someone using that slowest slash polearm may be worse off on the pbt as it is fractionally slower but with buffs I doubt even they would get blocked twice in a row.

Only time pbt will be any worse is if its stacked pbt, in which case any speed weapon wont be any different.

Going slightly off topic now, can anyone with the Soldiers Barricade RA tell us exactly how much AF it adds?

K

K0nah

Originally posted by alithiel50

k.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by K0nah
mercs are offence.

you _can_ spec as a shield merc and play defensive (not saying anyone should but you _can_) however you'll have no offence.

Same way an offensive specced paladin can't put anything in shields else they'll have nothing in their chants (and be an armsman with 30% less hp and damage)

Whereas an armsman _should_ be able to spec both offense and defense.

At the moment it's hard to do so (or rather it weakens you a lot) because of the dual speccing.

P

parlain

Going slightly off topic now, can anyone with the Soldiers Barricade RA tell us exactly how much AF it adds?

About 300 iirc from when Galaha hits it

afaik 100AF ~10% damage reduction having done my own tests so why Arms don't get this instead of AP is beyond me :rolleyes:

V

Vireb

Fastest pbt is 6 seconds, the unmodified swing speed of even the slowest thrust pole is the Partizan at 5.5 seconds, thats before quickness, haste buffs or dex/quick buffs. Your going to be hitting every other hit just like normal, If you use a 3.4 Second weapon your still not going to get anymore then 1 hit in between each pulse so how do we suffer any worse for it? Unless your dual wielding your not going to be any worse off and if all you want to do is pop the pbt you can still switch weapons and use crappy on-hand thrust style if it matter that much to you. Its possible that someone using that slowest slash polearm may be worse off on the pbt as it is fractionally slower but with buffs I doubt even they would get blocked twice in a row.

Only time pbt will be any worse is if its stacked pbt, in which case any speed weapon wont be any different.

kinda right kinda wrong depends, if you attack a 6 sec pbter with a 5.5 speed weap 1 on 1 you hit pbt 5.9 secs into its pulse you pop pbt but before your next swing pbt is up again as it was only .1 secs after your hit next pulse lands and pbt is up again you pop it again, then same happens until you have envetually caught up so pbt is a big prob with non assistance, a 3.4 speed weap would get the hit in but a 5.5 would not
i mean could take you 6-7 swings to catch up with pbt

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by parlain
About 300 iirc from when Galaha hits it

afaik 100AF ~10% damage reduction having done my own tests so why Arms don't get this instead of AP is beyond me :rolleyes:

Because AP last for 1 minute, not 30 seconds and can be reused every 15 minutes :D Of cause the disadvantage is that its only on yourself not whole group. On the flip side SB is actually cheaper to get then AP2 or higher.

Personally i'd go for SB but I can't afford it yet, I like my passives to much.

J

Jaxal

with all the CC nowadays, determination is very important imo

but my guildies are starting to hate me when i go on again about how great determination is :D

and to answer tildas question: it depends on the group and the player

S

samildanachh

Originally posted by Jaxal

but my guildies are starting to hate me when i go on again about how great determination is :D

he aint wrong there :p

O

old.LandShark

I'd say the difference between a pure tank with prevent flight and determination 3 or 4, and a reaver (even if he's bloody RR10 and the merc/arms has no RAs beyond PF, Det, IP) is absolutely enormous, and I would always vote to take the pure tank. Damage-dealing hybrids are fucked in this game at the moment. Thankfully pure-damage hybrids are limited to valewalker, champion and reaver, which is only 3 classes... other hybrids are suffering just as much but at least we can get groups. (friars, pallies, mincers, skalds, wardens, etc)

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.LandShark
I'd say the difference between a pure tank with prevent flight and determination 3 or 4, and a reaver (even if he's bloody RR10 and the merc/arms has no RAs beyond PF, Det, IP) is absolutely enormous, and I would always vote to take the pure tank. Damage-dealing hybrids are fucked in this game at the moment. Thankfully pure-damage hybrids are limited to valewalker, champion and reaver, which is only 3 classes... other hybrids are suffering just as much but at least we can get groups. (friars, pallies, mincers, skalds, wardens, etc)

reaver isn't a pure damage-dealing hybrid and I'd put a reaver in a group before a friar personally.

Det > no Det in general, but 30% increase to group's melee damage and pbae interrupt of healers and casters is nice ;)

(and the alb group has 2 people to de-mezz ;))

O

old.LandShark

Well, that's as maybe - if a reaver isn't a damage-oriented hybrid then no class is - but would you put a reaver, any reaver, before... let's say a competent thrust merc with prevent flight and determination? I know I sure as hell wouldn't.
However, I would be happy to see groups using a
Minstrel
Sorc
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Merc
Merc/arms
Reaver

setup. I have to say the damage boost from aura of death is really noticable. From 100-130 to 180-210ish on my friar on an extremely resistant target, last time I checked, and therefore that it miiiight just be worth losing the resist buffs and auxiliary heals for.
But then, what do I know.

P

Pin

However, I would be happy to see groups using a
Minstrel
Sorc
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Merc
Merc/arms
Reaver

That's the setup SS uses when we can ;)

I have to say the damage boost from aura of death is really noticable. From 100-130 to 180-210ish on my friar on an extremely resistant target, last time I checked, and therefore that it miiiight just be worth losing the resist buffs and auxiliary heals for.
But then, what do I know.

Well, Friar resists are generally crap for RvR groups, and Friar heals aren't worth much when there's 2 clerics in the group (usually both 41rej).

Anyway, I'm not for making the most uber group possible, with the best setup the realm has to offer, but am more interested in playing a reasonable group with friends for fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom