desktop utility thingies

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
looking for some stuff to control the rampant spread of crap on my desktop, or anything that has useful stuff to hand on it for fiddling, like Statbar (which hasnt been udpated in years:confused:). dont really care what format it takes.

so any thoughts or suggestions gratefully accepted - im loathe to faff around with shareware/freeware just to try things out :worthy:

Kryten

Old Cow.
It's been a long while since I used anything like that myself - last thing I used was windows' own taskbars etc :(

Anicdotally though, Windows Vista itself is a great desktop manager. You'll have so much trouble finding stuff that works half sharp, your desktop will just automatically stay clear ;)

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
That would be too fucking easy for some people :eek:

I run Samurize on my desktop at home, its really powerful for some stuff but it does involve sitting down for an hour and setting up how you like it.

Mine currently runs the UKTV Beta 5 script, bloody handy for at-a-glance TV listings (when it isnt buggered) right on my desktop.

Even used to run it at work as a desktop based server monitor for checking processing queues and disk space throughout the day. That was until I had to change hardware :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom