Derren Brown

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It took me about 2 seconds to spot the whole thing was acted just from the trailer, but then again I know a lot of people who shout at the telly during Corrie and rouitinely fail to grasp the staging involved in daily events.

opticle

Part of the furniture
I find everything he does completely boring. Paint drying is more fun.

This. He completely undermined any credibility he ever had when he first explained how one of his TV shows was just all staged. Ever since they're all just dull because I know it's not even that clever.

Chilly

Balls of steel
It's all gone too perfectly, the guy has done everything by the book - no doubt with some curveballs thrown in to entertain.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Can't stand Derren Brown, if theres one person I can't stand more than David Blaine its this bellend, so full of himself.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Jesus christ how obvious is it that its all acted, lmfao its basically a really shit film.

Marc

FH is my second home
The whole premise is just too unethical to be anything but acting given how traumatised the guy would end up being, plus, I dont believe for one minute that anyone can walk upto another person (as happened on the coach) click their fingers and say "sleep" and put someone in a trance. Thats just complete horseshit.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, it is obviously a fix but it is still pretty entertaining and the guy does do shocked bewilderment pretty well!

Job

He's a dick, but he ain't stupid, I find it very depressing that he's confident such blatantly scripted nonsense will be accepted in sufficient numbers to sell a TV program.
Then again, wrestling is still going strong.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
He's a dick, but he ain't stupid, I find it very depressing that he's confident such blatantly scripted nonsense will be accepted in sufficient numbers to sell a TV program.
Then again, wrestling is still going strong.
No, but Wrestling is still very very tongue in cheek, where this is just plain out blatant bullshit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No, but Wrestling is still very very tongue in cheek, where this is just plain out blatant bullshit.

Rubbish, it's got millions of total believers following it.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I worked with Derren Brown on this programme:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVab9jj09sA

(you can see me in it at a couple of points). Quite honestly, the guy is one of the nicest, most humble celebrities I've ever met. Very professional, very personable, a total pleasure. And very good at what he does.

Job

the guy is one of the nicest, most humble celebrities I've ever met. Very professional, very personable, a total pleasure. And very good at what he does.

LOL Tom, I'm picturing you repeating that in a monotone voice staring straight ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom