Demon's Souls coming to Europe

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Good advice guys ta - i only found out yesterday that when you die in body form your world tendancy goes towards black - i have died a fair few times in world 2 and am gutted i cant get the Dragon Sword in 2-3 (need pure white). I'm a strength / melee char and would loooove that sword. Guess it's on the cards in the 2nd run through (although with the difficulty increasing by 60% or so i'm not sure i'll be able to handle the 2nd run through lol)

That sword has a weight of 20 anyway, so you need more endurance to use it and still be mobile. You could make a Meat Cleaver, not quite as strong early on but it is still very powerful and has some good moves.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
That sword has a weight of 20 anyway, so you need more endurance to use it and still be mobile. You could make a Meat Cleaver, not quite as strong early on but it is still very powerful and has some good moves.

Sweet, got the Swollen Demon's Soul - just need to kill flamelurker then I can make it. Do i just need to take a Club / Great Club to Ed and he'll make it?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Sweet, got the Swollen Demon's Soul - just need to kill flamelurker then I can make it. Do i just need to take a Club / Great Club to Ed and he'll make it?

Yeah.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Managed to kill flamelurker by glitching him (i feel so cheap) and lucky enough, the Dragon sword was there - no idea how i had PWWT though. Absolutely love the thing, destroying most things in 1/2 hits :D

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Managed to kill flamelurker by glitching him (i feel so cheap) and lucky enough, the Dragon sword was there - no idea how i had PWWT though. Absolutely love the thing, destroying most things in 1/2 hits :D

I loved the dragon god encounter, was a lot easier than I thought when first entered though :p

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Anyone still playing this?

I recently traded in a bunch of games I never play and got just about enough to cover the cost of this.

I've been wanting it for ages but was unsure about whether it would live up to the hype so was reluctant to pay full whack for it.

Well, it bloody does doesn't it? I'm hooked on it!

I was a bit lost at first not having a clue what was useful and what the best order was. I think it took me about 5 hours (give or take random distractions from the console - no pause!) to clear my way up to the Tower Knight.

It was only then I decided to look up the wiki online and started a new character with the same class. Got back there in about 30 mins :)

It's a fantastically new yet old feeling game.

New because of the graphics, online play concept etc

But old because it takes me back to the days of Spectrum game type difficulty and infuriation.

For example, I got up to the guy with the huge tongue and the massive cleaver who seems to like licking the walls. I had about 18k souls and hadn't even meant to go there in the first place but had just kept pushing forward and ended up there.
So what did I go and do? Yes I died, very quickly.
Then I realised I was getting low on heals so a quick tour of 1-1 would soon top up at least some basic supplies. Then I got cocky and decided to have a pop at the red eyed knight with the lance. Stupid twat! I got killed and ended up wasting 18k's worth of souls on a whim.

This game teaches some harsh lessons but I love the fact it's not necessarily the difficulty of the game or because you weren't pixel perfect etc. If you keep your wits about you and don't go around doing stupid things then you can stay alive.

Brilliant game!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I just haven't had enough time, got a week off work soon to recover from birthday celebrations, so I shall be hitting it hard :)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I haven't played it for ages but I guess I'm due another run soon.

They are doing a sequel (called Project Dark for now), which I'm so fucking happy about.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Woah!

Had just beat up the guy with the long tongue and the bird on his head (was easy once I equipped the right weapon, doh!) and got my body back when I got invaded by a black phantom.
It was bloody amazing. I think I must have been worked up from beating up the boss so when the other person joined my heart started pumping.

As I was so close to the spawn point I saw the guy in seconds so had no time to prepare. It was a very cool battle with the pair of us being very guarded and matching each other blow for blow for a while.

I was eventually able to make him bleed enough that he had to heal more often than me and I took these opportunities to finish him off. I guess the battle lasted a couple of minutes but it felt like an eternity.

Is it possible to love this game any more? :D

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Bump! (Took a fucking age to find this thread)

I'm finally playing through it, absolutely loving it. Just killed the False King and my hands are still sweaty/shaking, haha.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Bump! (Took a fucking age to find this thread)

I'm finally playing through it, absolutely loving it. Just killed the False King and my hands are still sweaty/shaking, haha.

Agreed. Downloaded it via PS+ but have only just started playing it.

What character class did you choose? I chose Magician but think this might be more enjoyable as a melee character. That and spell casting is slow and you actually have to aim well :)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Agreed. Downloaded it via PS+ but have only just started playing it.

What character class did you choose? I chose Magician but think this might be more enjoyable as a melee character. That and spell casting is slow and you actually have to aim well :)

Can't you just auto target someone with magic? I've never bothered using it :p

I used a Thief anyway, very high risk/reward class since most of my damage comes from Riposting, and if you fuck it up you can end up as good as dead. I found myself using it less and less as the game went on, and ended up sticking with blocking and backstabbing. I'd have rolled a soldier if they could get away with rolling as fast/much as my Thief :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Demon Souls was ok, it was heavily magic biased tho :p they corrected that in Dark Souls tho. Can't wait for Dark Souls 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom