Demon Souls

Wij

I am a FH squatter
A totally killer PS3 exclusive ? :D

Only it has no UK release date :(

Anyone tried importing it and if so where from ?

Ta.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Imported it from movietyme.

Yes, it's a pretty fucking amazing game.

Ono

Part of the furniture
Ordered mine from Videogamesplus.

Only just shipped though.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
prolly be on your door step by thursday, vg+ have always got stuff to me in 3 days and on the odd ocason sooner. not bad considering play.com which is closer to home, notifys you that order has been posted and it takes a week to arrive.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Ordered mine from Videogamesplus.

Only just shipped though.

Ah, me too now.

My Todolist of games I need to finish is getting quite large now :) (yes, I manage it on my PC)

Ono

Part of the furniture
I baulked at buying this in August - mainly because I can see myself getting pissed off within minutes and not touching it again.

I reckon the above will still happen but the 10 score in Games TM (or was it Edge?) persuaded me.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I can get frustrated with games* but not Demon's Souls. You have to be aware of the fact that death is rarely cheap or unfair. Almost always your own fault for slacking or rushing.

* God of War 1 in the PS3 God of War collection. Fucking spiked rotating hades columns. Fucking Challenge of Hades wooden beam walking. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Nate

FH is my second home
Did any of you try the co op in it yet btw?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I only brought someone into my world a couple of times. To be honest, it makes the game (bosses in particular) too easy, as they're really designed in a way that you need to cope with the (sometimes immense) pressure of evading their attacks while doing enough damage to win. With a partner or two, you're not really under any pressure to attack and defend at the same time. Boss targets you? Roll around and let the others kill it. Not harassing you? Spam spells at it.

Still, pretty handy if you're getting frustrated on a certain boss and just want to get past it. Getting summoned to other worlds to help other players out can be fun and a nice risk-free way of farming souls.

Aada

Part of the furniture
How far are you guys on this I've just got the game can't wait to play it later.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
game takes ages to finish, the first bit took me around and hour. hope you are patient

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'm on the very first level after the tutorial and what a game it is I died once because I ignored someone message lol apart from that though I'm doin good I'm a thief and loving everything about this game so far.

The enviroments feel real and the combat is simply amazing, I wouldn't have heard of this game if it wasn't for this thread.

Best game I've played in a long time miles better then Uncharted maybe because it's completely different and something unique.

I think the messages that you can leave are great and watching peoples last moments before they die is fuckin hilarious!!!!

10/10

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
First level took me nearly 3 hours, lol. I ended up finishing the game in 30 hours though.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'm still on the first level I have a nasty habit of rolling off high ledges lol

Aada

Part of the furniture
Just defeated the first boss didn't die either so pretty pleased I guess that's just to break you in?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
The first boss is very, very easy. There are a couple of other very easy bosses (in 3-1, 4-1 and 5-1), but generally they're much harder.

Nate

FH is my second home
Stormchaser weapon boss is an awesome encounter :D

Aada

Part of the furniture
Do you guys know if there's a good site with builds? I can imagine this is one of those if you gimp your toon your stuffed games.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Damn you guys, I want this but am going to have to wait till Feb for money :(

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Do you guys know if there's a good site with builds? I can imagine this is one of those if you gimp your toon your stuffed games.

The wiki is a great place for general info:

Demon's Souls English Wiki: Demon's Souls (video game)

But to be honest, it's hard to completely gimp your character, unless you pump Luck and don't have the luck-based weapon. The only way you can really mess yourself up is if you consume boss souls instead of trading them for certain spells (if you're going to use spells, which you probably should).

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yeah I had to restart my character because I traded in the first boss soul.

Where do I take the souls of the boss demon? To the spell merchant? I couldn't see any option to trade them in.

I'm a Thief but from what I've read choosing a class only effects your starting stats not abilities?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Depends on what soul. They can have multiple uses -- some of them are used to make unique weapons, some to get magic spells and some to get faith-based spells. The first boss soul is only used to make the Scraping Spear and nothing else.

There are 3 spell merchants you don't have access to yet. You'll need to rescue the relevant people before you can get their spells -- Sage Freke from 3-1, Saint Urbain from 4-2, and Yuria the Witch from 1-3.

After you kill a boss, look here to see what you can get using that soul: Demon's Souls English Wiki: Bosses/Mini Bosses

You can see that the soul from Phalanx is only used to make the scraping spear, so you didn't miss anything huge. Good PVP weapon.

Your class only decides your starting stats, equipment and spells. Royalty is considered the easiest to start with, because they start you off with Soul Arrow, a really good spell at the start of the game. Once you can start levelling up in the nexus, you can do whatever you want with your character.

Nate

FH is my second home
So once you complete the game

you start again, but theres no black bird? What do you do with all those soul's?!

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Same as the first time around -- beat the first level. Then you get sent to the monumental again and... etc etc.

It isn't uncommon for people to have a shitload of souls at the end of the game, only to lose them on 1-1 before they can spend them on stats :D I'd recommend suiciding in the nexus so you don't need to worry about invaders.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Not lookin forward to having my arse invaded.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I always suicided in the nexus, never played in body form. Can't get invaded unless you have your body. You do more damage and are quieter (enemy detection range is lowered) in soul form. And why in the Nexus? So you don't lower World Tendency towards black, which makes enemies stronger.

You can always use a stone of emphereal(?) eyes if you desperately need to summon blue phantoms.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Oh handy to know wasn't looking forward to being reamed by some geared up mofo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom