Rant Democracy in the UK?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
People who understand politics should vote. People who dont understand politics shouldnt vote.

Why is this hard to understand?

Because democracy and free world, etc, would be ruined by this.

If there's a test to prove you "are eligable" to vote, who do you think controls those tests?

Now ask yourself, would they or would they not control it in such a way, that those eligable for voting, would be "most likely" to vote for the "right" people.

You either have a freedom to vote, as is, or you have a dictatorship.

I have no frigging idea.

Get it? :p

I get it, another one of Gorbs patented; "Fix it! This ain't working! Boo!" How? "I dunno jsut do!!" or more known "World is ending prepare!!" How? "I dunno, just dooo!!!"

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget

If there's a test to prove you "are eligable" to vote, who do you think controls those tests?

Now ask yourself, would they or would they not control it in such a way, that those eligable for voting, would be "most likely" to vote for the "right" people.

Good point there

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Sad to say, but although most don't have a fucking clue about politics, most vote with their hearts and head assessment. For example, legislation, policy and performance. Those issues usually sway elections. It's just a pity that most are ignorant of what is actually going on. I suspect we'd see a better democracy if people actually bothered to take an interest tbh.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Most people vote in a election on the considerations of the economic benefits they will receive.

Which to me, is a fuckin' good reason to vote.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
People who understand politics should vote. People who dont understand politics shouldnt vote.

Why is this hard to understand?

Reads a lot like the absence of free choice to me!

A Clockwork Orange springs to mind! (see sig!) ;d

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i vote for princess Bea tbh, she's got good childbearing hips (are they ever whoa!) and her nose looks like it crinkles up when she laughs (and i bet she does a little snort too)

Princess bea..the peoples totty!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
P.J. O'Rourke - All Governments are a parliment of whores. The problem is that in a democracy we are the whores.

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie

I get it, another one of Gorbs patented; "Fix it! This ain't working! Boo!" How? "I dunno jsut do!!" or more known "World is ending prepare!!" How? "I dunno, just dooo!!!"

No it wouldnt? o_O

If you had any intention of avoiding an argument you would have understood what i meant. Ofcourse it would have to be accessable to everyone but it would need a little bit of work. You know very well that something like this could be implemented so stop whining. And no, i dont need to know exactly what it would be so fo.

As for the controlling thing: They would have to designed in a way that makes it very hard to cheat. But yea, im sure someone would abuse that power anyway. Id still prefer that over the current system though.

All systems have flaws. Its just that most of them have less flaws than our current system.

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
Most people vote in a election on the considerations of the economic benefits they will receive.

Which to me, is a fuckin' good reason to vote.

Which is exactly why we're in this mess today?

This is exactly the reason why i'd prefer just about any other system than what we have now...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No it wouldnt? o_O

If you had any intention of avoiding an argument you would have understood what i meant. Ofcourse it would have to be accessable to everyone but it would need a little bit of work. You know very well that something like this could be implemented so stop whining. And no, i dont need to know exactly what it would be so fo.

As for the controlling thing: They would have to designed in a way that makes it very hard to cheat. But yea, im sure someone would abuse that power anyway. Id still prefer that over the current system though.

All systems have flaws. Its just that most of them have less flaws than our current system.

Stop whining? Know what you meant? Argumentative?

You're saying we should limit(this does NOT mean ALL) FREE voting, which is basis of freedom of choice and a cornerstone of democracy.

Without everyone allowed to vote, you don't have democracy, you have, in effect, lesser dictatorship.

The "voting procedures", and who would be allowed to vote, WOULD be controlled by the government as no private sector could be trusted, and as such, we couldn't trust the government NOT to eliminate those who would want to vote for "unwanted" people.

Now how about YOU stop being so insultive and start discussing what is put infront of you instead of going "alalalala you stupid!" at everything.

And just for your information, it was meant as argumentative as i want to argue against a stupid idea like controlled voting, but it doesn't mean i want to start an argument, but to discuss it.

Read argument from a dictionary.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture

You're saying we should limit(this does NOT mean ALL) FREE voting, which is basis of freedom of choice and a cornerstone of democracy.

Now how about YOU stop being so insultive and start discussing what is put infront of you instead of going "alalalala you stupid!" at everything.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't you be pointing this at Sparx too? ;p

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i still think its funny more people vote for x factor than the future of the country

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie

Without everyone allowed to vote, you don't have democracy, you have, in effect, lesser dictatorship.

The "voting procedures", and who would be allowed to vote, WOULD be controlled by the government as no private sector could be trusted, and as such, we couldn't trust the government NOT to eliminate those who would want to vote for "unwanted" people.

Now how about YOU stop being so insultive and start discussing what is put infront of you instead of going "alalalala you stupid!" at everything.

And just for your information, it was meant as argumentative as i want to argue against a stupid idea like controlled voting, but it doesn't mean i want to start an argument, but to discuss it.

Read argument from a dictionary.

It is the goverment that counts the votes in our current system. If the goverment wanted to cheat in the elections it could do that. That would not change in my system.

Uncontrolled voting is the stupid idea.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
It is the goverment that counts the votes in our current system. If the goverment wanted to cheat in the elections it could do that. That would not change in my system.

you just stepped in toht's slap book, prepare to be slapped.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

The voting is done by outside work, with every counter having individual background etc. Mostly they don't even know eachother exist. There's a difference in counting votes and deciding who gets to vote at all.

Making votes disappear can be found out quite easily(see florida scandal).
Deciding that a % of people isn't eligible to vote, can't be disputed.

You're advocating for semi-dictatorship, simple as, even if you fy under a "saint" banner half the time.

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
The voting is done by outside work, with every counter having individual background etc. Mostly they don't even know eachother exist. There's a difference in counting votes and deciding who gets to vote at all.

Making votes disappear can be found out quite easily(see florida scandal).
Deciding that a % of people isn't eligible to vote, can't be disputed.

You're advocating for semi-dictatorship, simple as, even if you fy under a "saint" banner half the time.

And why wouldnt my system be handled by outside work? There is a difference between those things but in this case its not that big.

Call it what you want. I call it saving this world from a disaster. You're so worried about loosing freedoms which you dont even use properly but you are not worried at all that our way of life is about to end in the next 6 months. We have a decision to make: "semi dictatorship" or the biggest disaster in the history of man kind. I know what i'll choose.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
And why wouldnt my system be handled by outside work? 1: There is a difference between those things but in this case its not that big.

Call it what you want. I call it saving this world from a disaster. You're so worried about loosing freedoms 2: which you dont even use properly but you are not worried at all that our way of 3: life is about to end in the next 6 months. We have a decision to make: "semi dictatorship" or the biggest disaster in the history of man kind. I know what i'll choose.

1: Yes there is. Current voting system is a mix of government control and individual counting that ensres all votes cast, are counted by a variety of people. Your system give power to a group of people that is undisputed. As an example; current system gives everyone a gun and tells them who they should shoot. Your syste gives guns to few people and they decide who lives or dies.

Would you be willing to let "morons" be the deciding voter group? Would you be willing to let your vote go f they decided you're not suitable?

2: Which i don't use properly. And you do? What do you do with this right that's so different to mine, and when you've answered that with your "own whistle blowing" style, tell me this, where did you get your all-seeing powers to know what i do with my right? Or should i report you now for spying on my ovting choice which is private?

3: Our way of life is about to end in 6 months. This is new, even from you. Let's hold you onto that and put it in my signature. Next summer then? Alrighty. Next summer we'll see just how big of a "scare mongerer" you are as you always are.

Sorry "Herr", you're just out of your league with this one.

PS: No, our way of life ending doesn't count if there's a new dick in charge of things or if the cheese costs a pound more.

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
1: Yes there is. Current voting system is a mix of government control and individual counting that ensres all votes cast, are counted by a variety of people. Your system give power to a group of people that is undisputed. As an example; current system gives everyone a gun and tells them who they should shoot. Your syste gives guns to few people and they decide who lives or dies.

Would you be willing to let "morons" be the deciding voter group? Would you be willing to let your vote go f they decided you're not suitable?

2: Which i don't use properly. And you do? What do you do with this right that's so different to mine, and when you've answered that with your "own whistle blowing" style, tell me this, where did you get your all-seeing powers to know what i do with my right? Or should i report you now for spying on my ovting choice which is private?

3: Our way of life is about to end in 6 months. This is new, even from you. Let's hold you onto that and put it in my signature. Next summer then? Alrighty. Next summer we'll see just how big of a "scare mongerer" you are as you always are.

Sorry "Herr", you're just out of your league with this one.

PS: No, our way of life ending doesn't count if there's a new dick in charge of things or if the cheese costs a pound more.

You remind me of americans actually. They are paranoid about loosing their civil liberties but 70% of them cant point England on world map. Using your right to vote properly isnt just about voting in every election. Its about knowing whats best for the country and then voting for it. You obviously dont have a clue therefore you dont use your right to vote properly --> i find it hypocritical that you're so worried about loosing it.

3: You can quote everything i say in your sig. Im perfectly fine with that. I got some more predictions for you if you want:

next summer you will be:

- unemployed

- living with your family again

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You remind me of americans actually. They are paranoid about loosing their civil liberties but 70% of them cant point England on world map. Using your right to vote properly isnt just about voting in every election. Its about knowing whats best for the country and then voting for it. You obviously dont have a clue therefore you dont use your right to vote properly --> i find it hypocritical that you're so worried about loosing it.

3: You can quote everything i say in your sig. Im perfectly fine with that. I got some more predictions for you if you want:

next summer you will be:

- unemployed

- living with your family again

Answer nothing, assume what i vote, insult me. Read my post again and ANSWER everything i said. Then i'll talk to a highschoolkid like you. Turn 18 first and then talk about stuff with any credibility.

For one point simle enough for you, how do you know HOW i vote?

And how do YOU know how i feel about losing liberties etc, if you've read anything i've posted, you'd know that i don't care about it. Law is law in my books, that's what matters.

By the way, that unemployment/living with family again line, lowblow and honestly would get your head smashed in if you came with that in real life. Lucky for you, A: i don't do violence and B: I don't know you...no wait..that's lucky me.

Also just as a little cherry on top, how do YOU vote Mr Ruler of world?

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Answer nothing, assume what i vote, insult me. Read my post again and ANSWER everything i said. Then i'll talk to a highschoolkid like you. Turn 18 first and then talk about stuff with any credibility.

For one point simle enough for you, how do you know HOW i vote?

And how do YOU know how i feel about losing liberties etc, if you've read anything i've posted, you'd know that i don't care about it. Law is law in my books, that's what matters.

By the way, that unemployment/living with family again line, lowblow and honestly would get your head smashed in if you came with that in real life. Lucky for you, A: i don't do violence and B: I don't know you...no wait..that's lucky me.

Also just as a little cherry on top, how do YOU vote Mr Ruler of world?

I rule with a 20 cm piece of plastic xD

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I rule with a 20 cm piece of plastic xD

That's "i vote with a 20cm piece of plastic" :D

Oh and Gorb, just another lil info; difference between you and me is that I would acknowledge if you were right, i owuld say next summer if i got unemployed, i would say "gorb was right".

You don't say what you do, what you vote, how you're preparing, how old you are, and if you were wrong, you'd either come up with some bullsh*t claim or just disappear fro the forums.

I may be wrong, but you sir, are a coward.

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie

Oh and Gorb, just another lil info; difference between you and me is that I would acknowledge if you were right, i owuld say next summer if i got unemployed, i would say "gorb was right".

You don't say what you do, what you vote, how you're preparing, how old you are, and if you were wrong, you'd either come up with some bullsh*t claim or just disappear fro the forums.

Because i dont need to do any of those things. All i need to do is present facts and theories which you can either believe or not. My credibility is not an issue since im not asking anyone to blindly believe me.

And i voted for the green party. (even though they are a bunch of clowns i know, but it was the best option atm)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Because i dont need to do any of those things. All i need to do is present facts and theories which you can either believe or not. My credibility is not an issue since im not asking anyone to blindly believe me.

And i voted for the green party. (even though they are a bunch of clowns i know, but it was the best option atm)

....yeah. "Facts" like "prediction of future", regarding humanity and MY personal life. Those are some strong facts there buddy. Why don't you go be a physicist or something.

You say "vote smart, voters should be screened" etc, and then you vote for a party that YOU think is a bunch of clowns.

And you called me a hypocrite, for something i didn't even do.

Right....bye now, back to your toy soldiers and Gorblandia now, shooshoo.

And notice how you once again ignore all counterpoints or discussion relative issues when they are something you can't answer :lol:

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
....yeah. "Facts" like "prediction of future", regarding humanity and MY personal life. Those are some strong facts there buddy. Why don't you go be a physicist or something.

You say "vote smart, voters should be screened" etc, and then you vote for a party that YOU think is a bunch of clowns.

And you called me a hypocrite, for something i didn't even do.

Right....bye now, back to your toy soldiers and Gorblandia now, shooshoo.

And notice how you once again ignore all counterpoints or discussion relative issues when they are something you can't answer :lol:

I said "Facts and theories" you douchebag.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture

no no no, i am pretty sure i rule with a 20 cm piece of plastic, how else i draw straight lines? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom