Queen of OT
pfft

call me a hoe will ya

you used sanitary trowel!

and deebs whaddaya mean old??????

Ezteq

Queen of OT
you called me a dirty old...

i think it was after some lewd remark i may possibly have posted about a page back...

however i wuld like to say in my defence that

*flashes jubblies*

and that concludes my defence i am sure you will all agree with me that gummy bears are indeed far superior to jelly babies, ladies and gentlemen of the jury

I thankyou!

Nate

FH is my second home
Ah so your using the rarely seen jubbly defence, great strategy there ez. I've used it before, but alas my jubblies are too small..and didn't convince anyone :( infact some people say there non-existant..but I do like to touch them sometimes and pretend that there big!

Whilst we're on court strategies, lets bring back the chewbacca defence YouTube - Chewbacca defense

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i just had the same thing happen :(

i went to buy a new bra today and the sales gal laughed at me and gave me a couple of postage stamps :(

bitch :(

Gamah

Banned
Rather than creating a new thread on the issue I thought I would bump this one after my latest 5 day mute.

Some of you may not know why I was "refrained" from posting for 5 days.

Basically I had got an infraction for "Spamming" in a games thread...I posted "Tilda Tilda Tilda" in an inside joke. Jupitus saw this and with his heavy handed modding decided to give me an infraction. I complained about this to Deebs but alas no response.

So another day, another dollar, Dorimor comes onto the forum with some of his many alts to that thread about Chris Beniot in insta flame mode.

I said something along the lines of "I see you're here being a prick again"

A few minutes later BAM, another infraction from "Mystic" someone I have never seen in off-topic but yet he decided to come in and stop me posting for 5 days.

Now the real kicker is I got this for insulting a "Forum Member" now Dorimor was not welcome here and insta banned but still the infraction for insulting a "member" remained.

Deebs said if you feel you were unfairly moderated (in which this case, I was and I am sure that most of you will agree if you objectively look at the situation) he would look into it.

I complained to Deebs that

1. We have been calling each other worse for years
2. This mod had no idea of the members of off-topic and no sense of what’s acceptable in the local community.
3. Dorimor wasn't even a member.
4. He WAS acting like a prick

etc etc

What did Deebs do? nothing is the answer, he replied a few times with weak arguments then just stopped returning my PM's.

I recommend to the off-topicers.

1. Don't call anyone anything, don't call a spade a spade.
2. If you are unfortunately enough to get hit with the care bear stick don't bother going to deebs.
3. Accept the care bear forums as they have become where everyone is devoid of any emotion in posts due to the fear of getting slapped by a "tourist mod".

In all my time here and barrysworld this was the most ridiculous case of moderating I have ever seen.

Anyway, I better do some work.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What you said about my behaviour, i think i can say also that you've been(since your last ban) on a bit of a crusade against "injustice". Just seems like it atleast.

But here's the deal, this is really not something to argue about. Especially if Deebs sayes that something goes, it goes, if not only for the fact he pays for this and many might even take this forum for granted(honestly i'll pay as soon as i get the cash and knowhow :D)

I'm drifting again..ahem..

I'll put it in simple terms to avoid confusion:

Moderation should not be allowed to be discussed in public forums, but should be taken to private.(this is done in other ofrums and it works, suprisingly)

If Deebs sayes something, it's the law. 'cause basicly it's his house.(no a**kissing here, just a fact).

Gamah

Banned
What you said about my behaviour, i think i can say also that you've been(since your last ban) on a bit of a crusade against "injustice". Just seems like it atleast.

But here's the deal, this is really not something to argue about. Especially if Deebs sayes that something goes, it goes, if not only for the fact he pays for this and many might even take this forum for granted(honestly i'll pay as soon as i get the cash and knowhow :D)

I'm drifting again..ahem..

I'll put it in simple terms to avoid confusion:

Moderation should not be allowed to be discussed in public forums, but should be taken to private.(this is done in other ofrums and it works, suprisingly)

If Deebs sayes something, it's the law. 'cause basicly it's his house.(no a**kissing here, just a fact).

I agree with the ("pirate" Edit: Typo but best typo evar!!!1) private* part, however, I tired this and it didn't get me anywhere. Yeah, nothing will come of this thread, someone will say "if you don't like it, leave" (Something which I am considering) but I felt the need to have a public "rant" as it were.

Deebs does pay and I would love to make a contribution, I would have made several contributions already but I feel I had been unfairly treated in the past.

Why would I give £20/30 to a forum whos moderators don't give a crap about your opinion.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Gamah i think you got screwed over on this one. Dorimor is a complete Twat and thats why he always gets banned, so when you (or whomever did) uncover Dorimor on his 500th alt account, telling him that he is a prick is fine.

No one likes the guy, oh wait, maybe a couple of member do, but 9 times out of 10 those people are either Dorimor, or someone with an interest in annoying other members.

You basically shouted "Hey everybody, look that fucking forum griefer is here *points" then got told off for doing us all a favour.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Silly that this Mystic person decided to give you an infraction for calling Dorimor a prick. I'm agreeing with you on that one, it's just stupid. :/

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sigh.

Ok, Gamah did pm me and I replied to him and said I would look into it. Now Mystic G was just following the forum rules which state you will not insult other forum members but looking at your post you did just that.

He did NOT know that Dorimor was banned and was using an alias account, all he saw was someone breaking the rule and gave the infraction. In hindsight and which OTHER forum members did was report the post that Dorimor made and alerted us to the fact that it was an alias account. This account was subsequently banned.

Not every mod knows who is and who is not banned.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Gamah i think you got screwed over on this one. Dorimor is a complete Twat and thats why he always gets banned, so when you (or whomever did) uncover Dorimor on his 500th alt account, telling him that he is a prick is fine.

No one likes the guy, oh wait, maybe a couple of member do, but 9 times out of 10 those people are either Dorimor, or someone with an interest in annoying other members.

You basically shouted "Hey everybody, look that fucking forum griefer is here *points" then got told off for doing us all a favour.
No IT IS NOT. That is breaking the rule and if a mod sees it will dish out an infraction. As I mentioned in a previous post NOT every mod knows who has been banned and how to spot an alias account.

I rely on others to tell me or those that use the report this post button without resorting to name calling. Exactly this caused Gamah to receive the infraction.

Gamah

Banned
so he didn't know? Why did he say he knew Dorimor was ban evading and had "forwarded the account for banning" but I still insulted a member at the time.

I wish to god I hadn't deleted the PM's now but Mystic definitely knew after giving it that Dorimor was a ban evader..so why not reverse the infraction?

Is it so hard for the mods to admit they were wrong? And why, would I get an infraction ffor saying acting like a prick..he was, it wasn't an insult.

Should I go through General and send you pm's of 1000's of insults from people like clown so you can reprimand him? My guess is you wouldn't.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I do not need to look for Clown's infractions. I've pissed him off this week for giving him an infraction. He does not get away with it.

Under no point was I aware that Meg knew that the account was an aliased one so I saw no reason to reverse the infraction as Meg was doing his job by penalising someone who insulted another forum member.

Whether or not he is a prick all you had to do was report the post and if you felt the need to call him a prick you could have put it in the note that gets sent along to the mods with the actual post itself.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not you ya sponge, i was vague but meant people who defend idiot's like that French bb guy on daoc or Dorimor.

I know i know, just fitted the other thread so well that had to. Hensh the :D..err...:D

Bahumat

FH is my second home
No IT IS NOT. That is breaking the rule and if a mod sees it will dish out an infraction. As I mentioned in a previous post NOT every mod knows who has been banned and how to spot an alias account.

I rely on others to tell me or those that use the report this post button without resorting to name calling. Exactly this caused Gamah to receive the infraction.

So every mod does not know every member, well that's understandable, but when he found out the "insulted" user was a forum griefer they should have reversed their ban on Gamah.

I see Gamah's incident as unique, he may have been a little rude, but when Mystic found out/was advised the user was a Dorimor ALT, he should have removed the ban imo.

What I really hate about forum mods (and i am not complaining about just this incident) is the way you can argue a point till your blue in the face, but the mod doesn't have to care because it works the same as a dictatorship (might be the wrong term) in the sense that Whatever they say...Goes.

Yes we can then contact a senior mod or the owner etc, but that means making a new account to do that. But wait, if that senior mod/owner wants to take the piss he can just say "oh naughty boy on your alt account, banning that too".

I am not saying you (Deebs) or other people have done what I spoke about to me, but the fact is if you guys dont want to admit to being overly harsh, we're pretty much screwed.

Not that you will, but any idiots who say "if you dont like it, get lost". Well, i dont need to post what i think about those people.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I do not need to look for Clown's infractions. I've pissed him off this week for giving him an infraction. He does not get away with it.

Under no point was I aware that Meg knew that the account was an aliased one so I saw no reason to reverse the infraction as Meg was doing his job by penalising someone who insulted another forum member.

Whether or not he is a prick all you had to do was report the post and if you felt the need to call him a prick you could have put it in the note that gets sent along to the mods with the actual post itself.

But when you did know how much Meg/Mystic knew, you should have reversed the decision. I know Gamah was rude, but when you knew, surely you could have reversed the decision?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom