Deebs!

Gamah

Banned
While I am all for moderataing this loverly bit of the world, and if I get moderated then "most of the time" I deserve it.

Moderating has become too complicated!

Give back the days of

Lock Thread
Delete Thread
Temp Ban
Perm Ban

Now you have

Lock Thread
Delete Thread
Temp Ban
Perm Ban
Infractions causing:
Lack of ability to post
Lack of ability to read forms
Bans

Warnings causing:
Bans
Fear of bans!

Negative Reps (whats the point of those?)

lets make it clear before we get brainiacs like Sharma saying i moan all the time this is not a whine/moan/bitch I am asking deebs how comes the modding has become over complicated and are there any plans to remove some of these tools?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Some things deserve a lock, some things a slap on the wrist and not for the whole discussion to go away.

Some things deserve a ban, some just a slap on the wrist.

Some things need to be deleted, some left as an example of a nono.

If the mods don't find the options too complicated, why should you?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Gamah

The previous tools were a little coarse in the level of punishment the moderators could issue.

Moderators now have the infraction system which they helped design which allows them to issue either an infraction or warning from a preset list. These infractions have a value associated with them and when a certain value is reached a punishment is automatically issued. It allows us to manage the forums much more effectively.

The moderators have never moaned about the large number of options available to them so I see no reason to change or remove any of them.

Rep is not a moderator tool for the moderators. In the future it could be used as a user-community form of moderation but like what is used on /.

For now it's for fun.

Gamah

Banned
Gamah

The previous tools were a little coarse in the level of punishment the moderators could issue.

Moderators now have the infraction system which they helped design which allows them to issue either an infraction or warning from a preset list. These infractions have a value associated with them and when a certain value is reached a punishment is automatically issued. It allows us to manage the forums much more effectively.

The moderators have never moaned about the large number of options available to them so I see no reason to change or remove any of them.

Rep is not a moderator tool for the moderators. In the future it could be used as a user-community form of moderation but like what is used on /.

For now it's for fun.

Ok.

NEVER EVER allow users to get negative reps to other users...abuse ftl.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hay what about good stuff, we have all this wonderfully imaginative punishment but how about if someone (dont laugh here... it could happen) for instance say makes a really insightful, funny, touching thread/comment?

we need like angel mods who come down and french kiss us when we do something good because atm all we have is teh punishment mods and while im all for a bit of punishment surely we could have oooh i dont know say some light spanking for good behaviour maybe?

hehehe just had a really funny thought... well it made me laugh, say if one of the guys gets a really good comment in he gets a rep shaped like a boob rofl

hay what? i said it made me laugh.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You must read the minds of the mods, there is currently a thread we are discussing which includes something like this.

Gamah

Banned
Wow when did Hell freeze over?

This morning...or well thats when you kicked me out of bed.

Tell you what, i'll let you have a go on Keira Knightley you give me mod powers?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This morning...or well thats when you kicked me out of bed.

Tell you what, i'll let you have a go on Keira Knightley you give me mod powers?
hmmm now that could be an offer I shouldn't refuse...

echome

Fledgling Freddie
hay what about good stuff, we have all this wonderfully imaginative punishment but how about if someone (dont laugh here... it could happen) for instance say makes a really insightful, funny, touching thread/comment?

we need like angel mods who come down and french kiss us when we do something good because atm all we have is teh punishment mods and while im all for a bit of punishment surely we could have oooh i dont know say some light spanking for good behaviour maybe?

hehehe just had a really funny thought... well it made me laugh, say if one of the guys gets a really good comment in he gets a rep shaped like a boob rofl

hay what? i said it made me laugh.

Sounds like a good idea tbh. But you shouldnt be able to control it... 'Cause then this would be one big lovepeacetreehugging forum!! (hmm perhaps that would be a good idea anyway.):fluffle:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
We shouldn't be congratulated or giving special attention/bubs of respect for being good. Its something we should try and do anyway.

We're not kids, you dont have to say "make nice posts and get a sweetie"

Ezteq

Queen of OT
We shouldn't be congratulated or giving special attention/bubs of respect for being good. Its something we should try and do anyway.

We're not kids, you dont have to say "make nice posts and get a sweetie"

no, that wouldnt work with the bunch of sicko perves we got here, make good posts and get a cyber blow job would probably do it though...

i just thought it'd be a nice thing to do tbh.

and reading the mods minds... *shudder* i have accedentally forseen the dark and murkey depths of the mods, it is a terrifying place full of perversion and grotesque images, a place where the good become corrupted and sin is indulged with gluttony and bestial passion, a place where the demons from the darkest corners of the human mind run amok with cruelty and brutality..

im going back there next weekend to teach them a few things ;)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
i have accedentally forseen the dark and murkey depths of the mods, it is a terrifying place full of perversion and grotesque images, a place where the good become corrupted and sin is indulged with gluttony and bestial passion, a place where the demons from the darkest corners of the human mind run amok with cruelty and brutality..

*looks around guiltily*

Ezteq

Queen of OT
you!! you should look guilty you grubby git!

what'd those philipino hamsters do to deserve that????

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
i have accedentally forseen the dark and murkey depths of the mods, it is a terrifying place full of perversion and grotesque images, a place where the good become corrupted and sin is indulged with gluttony and bestial passion, a place where the demons from the darkest corners of the human mind run amok with cruelty and brutality..

I'll say it only once more...stay the hell away from my fridge! :eek:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
*snags a mars milk™ and runs*

what fridge, where?

*gulp*

Mmmm creeeeeamy... and... salty....*spits*

*replaces bottle in fridge*

yessum :(

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member