Deebs!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, have to say, whether i shoot an a'hole or a normal guy, i still go to prison
icon_confused.gif

Good point, no?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Seriously, I think you should emit all analogy's from your posts in the future.

Why? It's true isn't it. A crime is a crime is a crime.

Just 'cause it's a bit off a "far fetched" analogy, doesn't make it bad.

Ok, how about the dreaded "foad" word? If i said it to a known prick, would it be any less of an offence? I don't think so, but i guess that's part of this discussion.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
That's not the point Tohtori. Gamah merely said something what we - and Dorimor himself - all know.

And still, I've called Gamah a prick loads of times, I'm sure he has insulted me quite a lot aswell, yet I've not been banned for such sillyness.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well i think i'll bow out of the discussion since i don't really know what you mean.

It seems to me you're saying that rules don't apply if it's a known offender and that in that case, you can break the CoC.

Seems.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Well i think i'll bow out of the discussion since i don't really know what you mean.

It seems to me you're saying that rules don't apply if it's a known offender and that in that case, you can break the CoC.

Seems.
Okay, I've expressed myself rather difficuly, didn't have much time to write that.

Anyway, basically: I don't think calling someone a prick is really breaking the CoC, as I said, I've called Gamah a prick (in many different ways) a lot. People insult other people here constantly (and not only for fun) so it just seemed rather harsh to get an infraction for calling Dorimor (a notorious prick) a prick.

Also Tohtori, please refer to the 'Am I a jerk' thread, I think someone said you enjoy giving different opinions on matters when it's rather clear only one opinion is the correct one.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Also Tohtori, please refer to the 'Am I a jerk' thread, I think someone said you enjoy giving different opinions on matters when it's rather clear only one opinion is the correct one.

And i'd like to refer you to my answer, that i don't do it.

Different opinion, that all. And in this case, i think we're talking about different matters due to some confusion ON the matter. In my part about the issue, in your part about what i meant.

But, as i see this case:

Known people calling eachother pricks(or anything) on these forums is ok. We do it all the time. No hazzle.

Mystic(probably) got a report from a rather "unknown"(to him at the time, heck, i wouldn't reg Dori either) individual that someone offended him. In that matter, i believe it was right to throw a slap. As it should, we can call eachother pricks, but not new/unknown/"not used to it" members.

This i think we can agree on.

Now on the matter of the slap being ..err...revoked(?), i believe that it probably should've been lifted and Gamah be let spew his nonsense again. But that matter is ultimately up to Deebs(or other owners, not sure if he's the only one).

Hope that clears this?

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Hope that clears this?
If I recall correctly (can't be arsed looking now cause I'm rather lazy), Gamah wasn't the first to reply to Dori his comments - plenty of people had sad something along the lines of 'Oh look, it's Dori again' so Mystic could've easily avoided the infraction by simply reading around abit.

Btw, I'm not attacking you on this ofcourse, I'm just disagreeing, ok? :(

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Seriously, I think you should emit all analogy's from your posts in the future.

I'm gonna be a little bitch... but it keeps annoying me everytime I read this post.

omit.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If I recall correctly (can't be arsed looking now cause I'm rather lazy), Gamah wasn't the first to reply to Dori his comments - plenty of people had sad something along the lines of 'Oh look, it's Dori again' so Mystic could've easily avoided the infraction by simply reading around abit.

Btw, I'm not attacking you on this ofcourse, I'm just disagreeing, ok? :(

funny you should even think that, as i'm usually the one saying that :D

Yes, Mystic might have noticed who and what happened, but they are human afterall and maybe it was a busy afternoon. Who knows.

Main thing is, Gamah lives and breathes again(atleast for now) so alls well basicly.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
What I really hate about forum mods (and i am not complaining about just this incident) is the way you can argue a point till your blue in the face, but the mod doesn't have to care because it works the same as a dictatorship (might be the wrong term) in the sense that Whatever they say...Goes.
well, if you want to play it that way, yeah, you're quite correct.

Yes we can then contact a senior mod or the owner etc, but that means making a new account to do that. But wait, if that senior mod/owner wants to take the piss he can just say "oh naughty boy on your alt account, banning that too".
if you get above 50 infraction points you can no longer post, but you're still allowed on the forums and you can still send PMs to people.

I am not saying you (Deebs) or other people have done what I spoke about to me, but the fact is if you guys dont want to admit to being overly harsh, we're pretty much screwed.
tbh I personally do not think we're overly harsh. yes, we do make mistakes (you seem to want to hear this, so there it is), and as old.Tohtori said, it may have been a busy day to boot for all I know. not every mod on this forum know the intricacies of who was doing what to whom and why when someone got around to complaining about it. only that a complaint was made and that people seem to be at loggerheads over something. that's about as short a statement on such a complex matter as modding as I can make without drinking eight triple espressos in a row.

now, if you're up for it I have some thoughts: 1)if you feel the need to be one of the more zany, feisty, colourful, whatever people on the forums, then you take as much as you give because certain forums employ certain rules regarding certain behavior and you will be given a slap on the wrist now and then if you get too far out of line. 2)if your favourite persona non grata decides to make yet another alt to once again make a nuisance of themselves....report them and put them on ignore. They keep coming back because people keep rising to the bait. Stop doing that, and it will be a great help. 3)I'm keeping thought three to myself until I've talked it over with the other mods. I'll get back to you.

Sorry about the possible rant hidden in the advice. I'm a bit miffed atm.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
I can make without drinking eight triple espressos in a row.

Sorry about the possible rant hidden in the advice. I'm a bit miffed atm.

you my friend need a chocolate mocha, caffine bliss+chocolate :D
need i say more

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hehe indeed, atm I am forced to get by by making a double espresso/choccy mix from the vile workplace coffee machines :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom