Decrease casters damage with increasing spell speed, debate thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
So tanks want 50% resists to caster damage and spells capped @ 2.5 speed? They also want Abilitys like Zone of unmana and Demoralise, charge and Det5
They also want MoC nerfed so casters don't need to be in a RvR group, lets bring Dark Age of Tankalot back!!

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
So tanks want 50% resists to caster damage and spells capped @ 2.5 speed? They also want Abilitys like Zone of unmana and Demoralise, charge and Det5
They also want MoC nerfed so casters don't need to be in a RvR group, lets bring Dark Age of Tankalot back!!

The Sorc has spoken !

Werrin

Fledgling Freddie
Some f8 stick tanks got pwned by casters, lets make em unable to win by qq for nerf etc...
EDIT: Its good as it is imo.

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
Dak Age of Tankalot was a much more enjoyable game though. The majority of your group lived long enough to actually get sufficient heals off, prolonging the duration of each and every fight.

Casters still ruled in Keep sieges and Milegate battles, because they had the extra defence of the walls, plus the range bonus. Open combat was more of a tanks game. IMO, that's how it should be.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Everyone is just defending the class they play, be it tank or caster, whichever of those 2 types is their main gets defended. I know, I do it too.
The only thing I know for sure is that old classes < SI classes < catacombs classes :D. Mythic even agreed to that saying "Ofcourse, isn't that normal? Otherwise our expansions wouldn't sell." Or at least something very similar :D

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I play both a tank and a caster

Its fine as it is, one thing i would like is something to be changed with armsmen

But they are doing that in next patch ;D

Corran

Part of the furniture
What i love is the people saying

"omg you cant kill a melee person as a caster when they melee you... " but they go on to say " I want it so that a caster can not kill a melee person at range. It not fair dying as you get close to them"

So..... basically...

In melee they want the caster to die.
At range they want the caster not to be able to kill anything, then die when the person gets into said melee range.

On a decent tank crowd control is pointless, between Charge, Det or purge most tanks have some form of ability to stop the delay on them getting to the caster. On top of this you can also get health back from IP.
You can get 2 off these abilities by time you are RR2 even if they aint the best and greatly increase chance of getting in close to interupt.

Unless you sacrifice alot of passives or a lot of dmg the caster cant get much at low realm rank. Sure if they got high RR they can go solo spec and get moc3, purge2 dex3+ etc (personally on most casters i wouldnt go moc3 till got other stuff). But by time caster got all that a tank can have solo ra's as well of charge,purge,ip, det etc etc.

As i said before and will say again. Caster damage is high, maybe too high HOWEVER to lower the damage you got to fix the interupt issues so it doesnt drop a caster DPS to 0.

Edit:

As for classes i play at the moment to base this on:

Merc rr7
Tic rr6 (both caster spec and now melee)
sorc rr6
theurg rr6

Which means i got both the melee and the caster experience, end though i play caster now i find being a tank in group so much easier as 1)dont die fast, 2)not finding all im doing is running around as cant do any dmg from my position,

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
Eva, i made it because in the time it took me to type my reply, there were already 3 or 4 replies criticising the suggestion, i'm sure there will be more.
So i made a thread for people to discuss it in!
Wish you would stop using exclamation marks! Its making me feel really insecure!

Oh and I don't think casting damage should be decreased with casting speed increase. I think the games alright as it is, if we just get rid of the zerging, adding morons, and actually make efforts into balancing the classes (*cough* warlocks *cough* vampiirs *cough* smiteclerics *cough*)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
I play both a tank and a caster

Its fine as it is, one thing i would like is something to be changed with armsmen

But they are doing that in next patch ;D

Bugger all, hell froze over and this is the second tuesday this week!

I actually agree with something Thadius wrote, burn the witch! :)

I thought the current trend was tank groups, yet people whine about casters doing too much damage? mmkay... seems logical to me.

If I look through the "anti-casters" I notice alot of people playing stealthers on a regular basis. Perhaps your real problem is stealthers not performing, and not casters?

If we go strictly by "Light Tank" vs. "Caster" I would say they are pretty equal, perhaps a slight (I actually mean slight) advantage to the "Light Tank" due to Banelord.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone keeps refering to "overpowered" ML's, TOA and certain realm ranks in their posts...
I'm sorry but am I the only one seing a trend here?

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
~Latency~ said:
The Sorc has spoken !

And let me guess, you want Charge and Quad hit rates raised as well?
Really does suprise me how stupid some people are, if your worried about casters doing too much damage, maybe you should join a RvR that can control interupts better. Its pretty much balanced at the moment believe it or not (I would whine at Det5 etc making my 72 sec mez last around 5 seconds, i suppose the last tank boost wasn't enough)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Bubble said:
And let me guess, you want Charge and Quad hit rates raised as well?
Really does suprise me how stupid some people are, if your worried about casters doing too much damage, maybe you should join a RvR that can control interupts better. Its pretty much balanced at the moment believe it or not (I would whine at Det5 etc making my 72 sec mez last around 5 seconds, i suppose the last tank boost wasn't enough)

Dont worry, said mezz be worthless on the support as well soon, considering warrior/hero will just use the pbaoe shout so that even if you get the jump on group det5 will kick in followed by pbaoe demezz!

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:
If we go strictly by "Light Tank" vs. "Caster" I would say they are pretty equal, perhaps a slight (I actually mean slight) advantage to the "Light Tank" due to Banelord.

Don't forget Charge, Det, prevent flight and runthroughs etc :)

MoC isn't really good when a banelord drops ZoU and Demoralise on you :)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
Dont worry, said mezz be worthless on the support as well soon, considering warrior/hero will just use the pbaoe shout so that even if you get the jump on group det5 will kick in followed by pbaoe demezz!

hargards going to freak out when i tell him his armsman is a good class now.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
UndyingAngel said:
and hes a mod as well.. then again 1 rule for 1 and another rule for someone else.. just Tilda being a cock as usual.. tbfh

You could have very easily made a thread to discuss this without flaming Svart like that... and then flaunting your modpowers when someone talks back to you ... looking goooood Tilda

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
locking this and starting a new one that'll hopefully have less flames in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom