decent online hardware shop

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
looking for a reliable website that does pc bits and what not. however im trying to find one that doesnt use Shitty Link. fed up of then lying to me, so any thoughts ?

stopped using overclockers for that reason, and now Ebuyer aswell :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
i usually use komplett.co.uk they use DHL or pracelforce and not city link

i found them pretty competitive too

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Blimey! Mabs in posting in general shocker!!! :eek2:

How are you, fella?

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
I just go on price.

Scan are usually cheapest, OCUK are just above them in price, Komplett are usually even more expensive..

I checked Dabs for what I ordered yesterday and it came out cheaper than Scan by 5 quid so I went for them instead, no idea what courier Dabs uses but I think it's DHL.

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
Ive use Microdirect for years with no problem until recently. This is the first time Ive needed to send something back to them and their customer services has now taken to ignoring me. Im just about to take them to county court to get my money back (Its below the 100 quid required for credit card protection)

Avoid!

Clown

Part of the furniture
I like Microdirect because I had to RMA something and they sent me two of the same products back :)

gmloki

Part of the furniture
OcUK and Microdirect here

I went down to OcUK the other week. Its not what you expect at all. A very small industrial unit in the middle of Stoke. I expected some lavish showroom with all the latest gear on show.

Never had a problem with them though. Good service, knowledgeable staff that can you get through to pretty quick on the phone and their RMA service is damn good as well

Kryten

Old Cow.
Dabs here for business stuff, I avoid Ebuyer for reasons most folks are aware of.

Funnily enough, as a knock on effect from what Ebuyer did to me, I'm now starting the process of bankruptcy (should debt management fail :( )

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have alwaysed used eBuyer untill i got 2 bga leads from them both advertised as 15 pin both show up as 14 pin and were useless and the customer services did not give a shit.

I ended up getting the lead from Maplin a resonable price and fair postage unlike ebuyers £6 for anything it was £2.99 for next day royal mail which i prefer as its easier to pick up from the post office than re arrange delivery for me.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Depends what im doing, but I tend to check prices on the mentioned sites, but also Scan and Aria. Sometimes you find things there much cheaper than other places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom