Decent monitor

P

Perplex

Get a decent monitor then ffs. What do you expect for 25 quid and a box of Marlboro

E

Embattle

Got my lovely iiyama VM Pro 451 yesterday, would of had it the day before if any one was in to sign for it :rolleyes:

E

Embattle

I've still got some settings to fiddle with since the picture needs slight adjusting.

W

WPKenny

another update for no one in particular...

They came round with a third monitor today and took the other one away. This one seems okay. Fingers crossed.

W

WPKenny

Well, since monday everything seems fine with the monitor. I even splashed out on a BNC monitor cable and the picture quality has improved a little...easier on the eyes at 1600x1200. :)
Anyway...monitor good, kenny happy.

S

Summo

Hm... I have a monitor BNC cable. Didn't know it improved quality. Must try tomorrow...

H

Happy Go Lucky

I have access to a SONY 20" moniker, it's pretty old though bought for about £250 2nd hand a couple of years ago, it'll do 1260x1024 ok, but 1600x1200 just looks too out of focus.

S

Scooba Da Bass

whoo, I've got a new Sony 21" screen wating for me at work, whoo!

S

S-Gray

Hmm, i'm after a new Monitor, preferably a 17" one, anyone know any CHEAP Online places where i can buy one - UNDER £100 ?

I have my eye on the Reliys (sp?) TE770 which is £90

But obviously i want cheaper stuff.. :p

Any recommendations??

X

Xavier

Re: Re: Decent monitor

Originally posted by Embattle

They have decreased a lot but its limited to the very expensive models.

One step up on TDC, get a Vision Master Pro 451 19" 1600x1200 as it comes with a 4 port USB hub :)

Cost about £360 from www.dabs.com

whatever you do DON'T buy one of these...

they are too dodgy for words, iiyama acknowledged an issue with the built in speakers/usb hub (not shielded) yet continue to flog them... I had 4 from iiyama over the period of 2 months, finally forced them into a free upgrade ;)

O

old.Jas

I'm a bit late joining this thread but - my preference is Sony Trintrons. I have a couple of 19" black ones on my desk running at 3200x1200.

Its the daddy for designing and coding.

E

Embattle

Re: Re: Re: Decent monitor

Originally posted by Xavier

whatever you do DON'T buy one of these...

they are too dodgy for words, iiyama acknowledged an issue with the built in speakers/usb hub (not shielded) yet continue to flog them... I had 4 from iiyama over the period of 2 months, finally forced them into a free upgrade ;)

Think I'll try the same soon.

T

Testin da Cable

I don't like monitors with built-in idiocy. It's a monitor, not a boom-box heh.

E

Embattle

Originally posted by testin_da_cable
I don't like monitors with built-in idiocy. It's a monitor, not a boom-box heh.

I got it coz the hub not the speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread