Games Decent Mobile Games?

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Scouse, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

As title suggests - I've only ever seen fluffy pointlessness like angry birds and shite like that.

Is there actually anything for proper gamers or is the platform inherently a bit shit?

2. Moriath

Moriath I am a FH squatter

I am liking the fallout settlers game atm. And soon there will be a skyrim blades which also looks good.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Vae

Vae Resident Freddy

It depends what kind of games you like. I'd check out the guides for the best games in several categories at Pocket Tactics for the more serious type of games rather than Free-to-play.
    Guides

4. CorNokZ

CorNokZ Currently a stay at home dad

Pokemon Go is good. Much more to do now and very frequent new content and events

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home

Minecraft

6. Job

Job TWAT and FH Object of Ridicule

Fortnite...go on download it, you have finished with this life..take the pill.

7. CorNokZ

CorNokZ Currently a stay at home dad

PUBG Mobile is actually a very nice game with good controls for a fps mobile game

8. Moriath

I bought pocket minecraft a while ago. Really really didnt get on with the controls.

9. Scouse

FTL is the first of them - I've hundreds of hours of that in on the PC. That would be awful on a mobile :\

Edit: And crypt of the necrodancer (which is also great)

10. Vae

Vae Resident Freddy

In terms of roguelikes i’d strongly recommend Dream Quest. Look beyond the crap graphics because it’s a great mobile game.

11. BloodOmen

BloodOmen I am a FH squatter

Command & Conquer *giggles*

12. ECA

ECA I am a FH squatter

It's funny because the mobile app is from tencent and they've developed it at a far superior pace to the PC original.
    It's unarguably a better version of the game right now from a feature and performance POV.

13. Ctuchik

Ctuchik FH is my second home

Got intrigued and googled "fallout settlers" and came up with nothing, care to elaborate? You're not talking about Fallout Shelter are you?

14. Moriath

Sorry shelter was what i meant. :)

15. dysfunction

I found Fallout Shelter to get quite tedious very quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Moriath

I only just started playing it. It is ok with the raids / quests from the oversears office.

17. Ctuchik

booooo! :(

i gave up after i noticed that the number of inhabitants are directly proportional to the strength of the invasions. Not fun to have 100 odd basically unarmed people trying to defend against 5 deathclaws...

/edit: oh by the way do not spend any money on that fucking game because your progress is ONLY saved locally. If you uninstall the game you WILL start over from scratch if you install it again...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  18. Moriath

I dont spend money on it. And all my residents are armed at the moment. Wouldnt have it any other way. Lol

I dont spend money on mobile games.

19. Scouse

Sounds a bit like "the platform is inherently a bit shit" to me ;)

20. Ctuchik

Once the deathclaws start dropping by regularly it won't matter unless what your residents have are legendary heavy weapons. :)

21. Moriath

Ah might quit now then lol

22. Moriath

Yeah tho blades does look interesting. Not out yet tho

23. dysfunction

Monument Valley is supposedly a great puzzle game

24. SilverHood

SilverHood Resident Freddy

Conquest of Elysium 3 if you want a strategy and RPG hybrid. Note, I've only ever played it on tablets and PC.

25. Moriath

Yeah only lasts a couple hours but its good

26. fettoken

fettoken I am a FH squatter

*jumps up on a high horse, but without judging fellow bystanders* What is the point of mobile games? Horrible timesink tbh.

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. Moriath

Most games are there to be timesinks to pass time in an entertaining way :). I guess mobile games are made to be played intermittently. Rather than continuously so there always seems to be time taken to do stuff.

28. Ctuchik

Just stop recruiting before you go over 100 residents and they won't show up. ;)

29. dysfunction

its still dull though