Death of Saracen infiltrators?

L

-Lotheric-

If all the complaints from Hibernia and Midgard stealthers results in Dragon Fang getting nerfed, would it mean the death of Saracen infils? I mean, Thrust spec line would have nothing good to offer if Dragon Fang gets nerfed. Which mean that going Slash would be the most superior for Infiltrators, since it has much better styles to offer. And in my opinion Briton race is a slightly better choice for Slash specced infils.

If Dragon Fang gets nerfed, and me as a saracen thrust infil decides to respec to slash, how you think I would do compared to a briton? Damage wise.

(Sorry for bad English etc.)

S

Spamb0t

not that much difference imo.

but u will still look like a saracen though :ROFLMAO: :lol:

F

froler-mid

dragonfang wont be nerfed that much i belive, mayby a 'shorten' stun time. 6sec(?).

C

chimaira

Sure Df is a bit overpowered.
doesnt change the fact that all realms shouldnt be the same.

I dont think they will nerf it

1. because mid has BD
2. because mid has shaman
3. because mid has healer
4. because mid has savage
etc etc etc.

so keeping that albion might have on paper the best stealther. its all about how good playing the character you are at the end of the day. and 9 sec stun wont help u much vs 2-3 Sbs if u solo either.

Dragonfang gets nerfed when mids looses their insta on every ingame spell.

Btw why not put AoE Lifetap of Doom in Supp line to. with 10000 range :m00:

S

shanks

Such stlong objective whine chimaria! Relevant to the issue too. Thanks very much for bringing it to our attention! Also 2 out 4 classes above mentioned are nerfed in patches that have gone live on us rendering that arguement even more relevant. Basically, you rock m8! :great:

L

living

You're making no sense, making a stealther alot better than other stealthers dosent make sense. Sure mid might have some neat tanks, they need to be nerfed too and they have been.. (Savage nerf rather small tho).

Dragon Fang needs a nerf (or spec points) or other stealthers need some lub' (best way to go imo)

If Infils keeps being this overpowered there will appear more and more infils each day while u will see less and less SB/NS's cuz they cant have a even fight.

ANd no Dragon Fang dont help u much against 1 vs 3 SBs but do SB's have ANY help against 2 Infils and a mincer or 3 Infils??

Having the Best stealther class AND a class with ablative, insta stun/dds with speed at the same time is wrong imo.

Oh and yea, NERF BD's!!!

O

old.mattshanes

hehehe mids whine about dragonfang when a fucking savage has a 9s side stun:m00: maybe they didn't even know that themselves xD

I think both are overpowered, due to the ease to get both off.

S

Shike

Heh, I rather see that all assassins get a nurf tbh, imo too many play their own little version of counterstrike and most albs that RVR today is probably stealthers. Its silly and I hate the development of the game atm, more and more people are fleeing from the "normal" groupfriendly classes and rolls stealthers, why? The game is not _that_ unbalanced as it is tbh. :(

O

[Oo]Escape

Originally posted by living
You're making no sense, making a stealther alot better than other stealthers dosent make sense. Sure mid might have some neat tanks, they need to be nerfed too and they have been.. (Savage nerf rather small tho).

Dragon Fang needs a nerf (or spec points) or other stealthers need some lub' (best way to go imo)

If Infils keeps being this overpowered there will appear more and more infils each day while u will see less and less SB/NS's cuz they cant have a even fight.

ANd no Dragon Fang dont help u much against 1 vs 3 SBs but do SB's have ANY help against 2 Infils and a mincer or 3 Infils??

Having the Best stealther class AND a class with ablative, insta stun/dds with speed at the same time is wrong imo.

Oh and yea, NERF BD's!!!

So Albs have an advantage in stealth wars... no where near as bad as mid's advantage in regular groups. But all you mids whine whine and whine more until you have the best of every class. The game will be balanced then :p

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by liste
was there _ever_ any doubt, SoulCry?

Nah, read comparisons etc, I like britons.
That's atleast the race I would choose :c

D

Derric

Why reroll to slash if they nerf DF,thrust's still a good choice imo.(Even if Liste think it looks silly :p).

L

liste

thrusters look like knitting sticks (or whatever they're called).

Worst weaponmodel in the game, BY FAR, is the Stiletto.

Assassins sawk anyway. might as well look good when you die!

T

the_smurflord

The 3 things people forget about dragonfang:

1) as it's an evade reactional style, you cannot use it on people unless they are directly meleeing you. Therefore never on casters, healers, bards etc. Savages and all shield spec tanks have a stun of the same length that they can use on anyone, and for a lot less skill points too.

2) Unless you're buffed to the tits, you can't rely on an evade coming along that often. (Yes, there are still infils out there who play properly, while the rest just give us a bad reputation).

3) The miniscule stuns on Creeping Death and Backstab 2 invoke a 30 sec stun immunity timer, meaning we have to forsake our big openers to make DF of any use at all.

DF is only overpowered in the hands of infils who can't venture outside a portal keep without their mummy buffbot.
Don't start judging a class on how people choose to abuse it, but on how it is supposed to be played.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by liste
thrusters look like knitting sticks (or whatever they're called).

Worst weaponmodel in the game, BY FAR, is the Stiletto.

Assassins sawk anyway. might as well look good when you die!

Agreed.

O

old.Tyraette

Regarding the original post, I respecced from 50thrust 50dw to 50slash 50dw last night.

I cant honestly remember what my weaponskill was before, but I'm about 880 now. Bear in mind however that my equipment sucks as I'm still using my sc suit based for a thrust inf. my str and +slash is a little weak.

Damage wise I'll be able to tell a little more later once ive got myself sorted, but not having a stun defintiely makes getting to midside more fun. Previously I could take a red shredder with no probs. Little more difficult now though!

I know liste will take the piss out of me mercillessly for this, but given that it doesnt make much difference in the end game, I _wish_ mythic would give us a race respec. I wanna be briton too for looks :(

M

Matriarch

Yeye, less whine imo :x
DF should be nerfed b/c 9 s stunn on a after evade ( wich on a buffed saracen is 50% = in all fights if u spamm anytimestye+backup DF style )

6 s on DF wouldnt be gimping the class, would be balancing, If u get 6 stunn on another stealther u will proberly win anyway and 9 s just makes infils PWN tanks easier...

And yah alot of mid classes need luw some need to be brought down on earth so OTHERS then just, shaman,healer,skald,savages will be atractive and any point to play and exp to 50...

1 exampel, why role a warrior when savages have better defensiv abilities/same ( inf % parry+block, and evade parry on savage ) and more dmg?

Well you get the pic :)

B

bigchief

Dropping df to a 6sec stun would not be balancing anything ;o From a mid point of view they might see it as justice, from a hib point of view its funny.

25 Diamondback L M M M After You Evade Target is Stunned

Lvl25 spec in pierce for what we would have to spec 50thrust to achieve. If you nerf DF thats so gonna need a nerf too ;o Then hibs whinge, mids laugh, albs and hibs whinge about mids, mids get nerfed more, whinge about albs ....

etc

Tbh all stealthers need smacking hard with a big nerfbat. Lower all hits, lower all defences, lower all evades, increase all damage down PA and backstab lines and make it like an assassin is supposed to be. Killing casters should be dead easy (can see a buffed caster survive 3-4 hits then get healed), killing a tank should be impossible (seen tanks go down in 3-4 hits :p).

Ok casters would cry but its not like you dont see casters in thid, and they can get one shot pretty fking quickly there.

O

old.windforce

Originally posted by Shike
Heh, I rather see that all assassins get a nurf tbh, imo too many play their own little version of counterstrike and most albs that RVR today is probably stealthers. Its silly and I hate the development of the game atm, more and more people are fleeing from the "normal" groupfriendly classes and rolls stealthers, why? The game is not _that_ unbalanced as it is tbh. :(

it is, it very much is

stealthing is only way i have a change on rvr fun tbh

unless you like to port

A

Artemls

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
hehehe mids whine about dragonfang when a fucking savage has a 9s side stun:m00: maybe they didn't even know that themselves xD

I think both are overpowered, due to the ease to get both off.

Savage got access to 9sec stun as 2nd style in side chain but mercs got access to a 9sec anytime style and a 9sec stun evade style ;)

O

old.mattshanes

Bet you wished your healers didn't cast aoe stun sometimes eh artemis ^^

A

Artemls

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Bet you wished your healers didn't cast aoe stun sometimes eh artemis ^^

They never do but Vanaya is faster to slam :)

J

Jaem

But...

Saracen about same as kibbi, but can use thrust.

So wouldn't a slash saracen just perform like a kibbi sb?

T

the_smurflord

Only the ugly ones do, then they can hide under a bucket.

S

Shike

Originally posted by old.windforce
it is, it very much is

stealthing is only way i have a change on rvr fun tbh

unless you like to port

ofc it is with that attitude :eek:

a good balanced group has a good chanse of winning quite many battles out there. Goes for albs, mids and hibs. If you roll out a group of rr3 albs, ofc you wont win vs BO etc, you need very good teamplay and preferrably alittle more RR. My guildgroup consist of anything from rr3 to rr8 mostly, we do pretty well except when we are added upon, and you albs can actually do a better tankgroup as it looks today.

We discovered that we lack when it comes to tankgroups, what we do now is that we reroll alittle and PL new needed classes, people make sacrifices and most in AD have several 50's, both support and offence so we always can put up a competative group. If you have a firewizard, reaver, 2 pallies, a cleric, a scout and a friar you will not win much, it just is that way today in RVR, accept it and deal with it.

Most hibbs have realized that they cant run around in gimpgroups anymore and expect to win anything, have you albs done that? Most albgroups I see are total crap tbh, you run with casters that do crapdamage without any debuffer, reavers and paladins, rethink a little and it will result in better RVR for those albs that do wanna RVR tbh. I aint flaming you guys or something, I just say how I look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread