Necro - death servant

A

Arakasi01

Does anyone know how the damage shield works in this line?
Is it a focus shield or a timed buff?
Just wondering since 21Dps on the last one without focus seems quite powerful :)

B

bigchief

Its just like a wiz damage shield, only lasts 30secs instead of 10mins and does more damage. You wont kill much just using it though :eek:

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by bigchief
Its just like a wiz damage shield, only lasts 30secs instead of 10mins and does more damage. You wont kill much just using it though :eek:

Tell that to the Tower Guardian, ate him alive with that when I was testing ;) Very, very power efficient as well. 21.x dps is pretty damn good although Cabals 33.x dps is truly impressive.

B

bigchief

Originally posted by cHodAX
Tell that to the Tower Guardian, ate him alive with that when I was testing ;) Very, very power efficient as well. 21.x dps is pretty damn good although Cabals 33.x dps is truly impressive.

Found with hot + ds I couldnt damage him fast enough. But my bot was only lvl41, not lvl50 mota4 like yours. The effectiveness of servant spec depends alot on the bot :/

M

mabs0r

i find adding a bot to damage shield, heal over time and FPd PBAOE dd allows for 4 or 5 yellows at once no prob, for xping or farming.. only real prob is no decent mana tap

its lower damage than focus, but you can do other stuff while its on, rather than just standing round like a lemon

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by bigchief
Found with hot + ds I couldnt damage him fast enough. But my bot was only lvl41, not lvl50 mota4 like yours. The effectiveness of servant spec depends alot on the bot :/

Aye BC tis true, those extra lvls and RA's make a big difference. Also the heal proc the cleric casts on the pet goes off at silly rate on purple mobs which heals pet nicely. One nice thing is that in 1.65 with spellcrafting it is going to be so much easier for non-botted necros and botted ones are going to be insane :)

B

bigchief

Originally posted by cHodAX
Aye BC tis true, those extra lvls and RA's make a big difference. Also the heal proc the cleric casts on the pet goes off at silly rate on purple mobs which heals pet nicely. One nice thing is that in 1.65 with spellcrafting it is going to be so much easier for non-botted necros and botted ones are going to be insane :)

Aye. Even with a lvl41 cleric buffs (mota 0 !) i could pull 14 gobbos :D (took me ~ 10 deaths to get a pull right though :)) Damage shield, hot, heal proc, 2x pbae ... fk up FP and say bye to jimmy :(

I

ilum

death servant gonna rule next patch when con transfers to pet...also the cabalist focus shield gets nerfed while the necro one will still be efficient :)

Necromancer is a better suited class for focuspulling, gonna get better...the only problem is that the damage shield is only 60% the damage of Cabalist's.

I

ironhand

If u need power Duel and lifetap your bot.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by ilum
the only problem is that the damage shield is only 60% the damage of Cabalist's.

And it costs only 20% of the power which is more important to me :) Plus it is kinda funky when your pet parries a lvl65 mob :)

Users who are viewing this thread