Dealing with long hair (for us guys)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Cadiva said:
Had mine cut about a month ago, before that it was down to my waist - the weight of it means I don't usually have any problems getting it straight :)

Although, it was far too long really and was a bloody great big pain in the backside to do anything with. I usually keep it just below my shoulders by an inch or so.

Always use shampoo and conditioner, I've usually found matching brands work best and change your product every other month or so otherwise the hair becomes 'used' to the stuff you're using. I use Charles Worthington's range of stuff or Head and Shoulders if it starts to get unshiney (yes I know that's not really a word).

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_list_endeca_template.jsp?classificationid=1044930

Also, with straighteners, try to get ceramic plates and make sure you use a spray to help stop the hair drying out. Also make sure you get the ends trimmed every six weeks or so otherwise it won't grow properly and will be all split endy and yuck.

Only ever tie it back with proper hairbands and never with rubberbands - yes I've had long hair a long time. Just some girlie advice anyways.

omg Hair that long on a chick is Hot!!

Lethul

FH is my second home
Marc said:
Men should have short back and sides or a skin head. Long hair is for women

haha, typical english ugly mfer :)

let me guess, in the summer chino shorts and football shirts is the shit?

Gamah

Banned
Marc said:
Men should have short back and sides or a skin head. Long hair is for women

And a womens place is in the kitechen not the workplace eh...

MaCaBr3

Banned
I never had any problems with my long hair because I'm half thai. My hair is very smooth and strong which made it fall straight down or up now that I have a spikey haircut.

Now I never wanna have long hair again. I'm all for trendy spikey haircuts now.
Really get rid of long hair or keep it medium lenght, kinda like Sawyer in Lost or something. Really long hair for men is stupid.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
dont use gel>.< thats 90's and its disgusting
if you decide to grow your hair long, which imo will look stupid.. then use tresémme shampoo and conditioner, and straighteners to keep it straight usually avoiding fluff.
DO NOT use gel:p if your looking for a little taming then Garnier fructis reworkable gum is quite good for a little shape, but doent have a major hold or dirty gel look but its gonna look shit whatever while you're growing it

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
hm no:p
just saying thats theres so many better products out there which are much better for your hair and skin, gum, wax, cream, putty etc, just goto experiment to see which is best for your hair - Fish stuff is the best imo:p

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
Bugz said:
I decided I want to grow my hair long yet the trouble I have with long hair is:

a) it goes fluffy I don't gel it.
b) If I do gel it - I have a lot of trouble getting the gel out and I get dandraft :(

Is there any way to have long, yet tameable hair which is clean and dandraft free?

It probably isn't helping that I use gel. Is wax better for longer hair?

Basically, I want to get out of the shower, dry my hair, then be able to style it into a nice look, go out, come back and either wash it out then or later on - whilst also keeping it 'nice' to look at.

I want something along the lines of this (length wise)

main1.jpg

pic gone repost please

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
gel is for noobs.

fibre putty is the way forward

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Cadiva said:
Only ever tie it back with proper hairbands and never with rubberbands - yes I've had long hair a long time. Just some girlie advice anyways.

Who would do such a thing and use simple rubberbands to tie it back. I just imagine the pain of how the rubber pulls your hair out......ouch

And.....cutting your hair is teh bad :/ Long hair looks cute on women =)

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
liloe said:
Who would do such a thing and use simple rubberbands to tie it back. I just imagine the pain of how the rubber pulls your hair out......ouch

And.....cutting your hair is teh bad :/ Long hair looks cute on women =)

Hehe, it's still long, just now it's about three inches below my shoulders rather than all the way down to my waist. Was just waaaaay too much hassle keeping it in good shape at that length.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Cadiva said:
Hehe, it's still long, just now it's about three inches below my shoulders rather than all the way down to my waist. Was just waaaaay too much hassle keeping it in good shape at that length.

ah yer, that's ok =) You're right. Mine are hanging to the middle of my back now and I won't grow them any longer. I even had them cut back a bit cause else it's really getting too hard =)

kivik

Part of the furniture
Indeed gel is for newbies, I use molding creme from http://www.dfihair.com/, it's great. Shower twice or once every day, using Garnier Fructis shampoo.

ps. pic in 'irl pic thread', cluster off-topic section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom