Dead Rising

Aada

Part of the furniture
Fantastic game so far the story looks pretty deep and its bloody hard died a few times already so i had to restart but it saves you're stats etc but i'm happy its not an easy game.

Best bit so far? lawn mower!

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
Mine just been delivered,going to have a play later.How does it work on a regular tv?(not got hdtv yet)I tried the demo but some of the text was hard to read unless i went close up.I'm not gonna have to keep getting up off my sofa to follow the plot line am i?

Hope it don't ruin the game for me,been looking forward to this since i heard about it months ago.

EDIT: OMFG its in a cool metal case :D.

Aada

Part of the furniture
supersaint said:
Mine just been delivered,going to have a play later.How does it work on a regular tv?(not got hdtv yet)I tried the demo but some of the text was hard to read unless i went close up.I'm not gonna have to keep getting up off my sofa to follow the plot line am i?

Hope it don't ruin the game for me,been looking forward to this since i heard about it months ago.

EDIT: OMFG its in a cool metal case :D.

I got the metal case also :)

Not sure on the text as i have an hdtv but the game is awsome well worth the wait.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
the text is quite hard to read.

I never really figured out how to load a game :/

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
has anyone met the clown yet? he scared the fuck out of me :/

Aada

Part of the furniture
Wonk said:
has anyone met the clown yet? he scared the fuck out of me :/

Thats nothing compared to another pyscho you meet along the story line he is fucking insane and i had a cold chill go down me when i saw this motherfucker.

Anyone else think the yanks blew the save system out of proportion? it's just like Resident Evil except you don't have to collect ribbons.

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
Only played for a couple of hours,it's great fun although i do have some issues with it.

NPC AI is not very good.Got to keep looking round to see if they are still following you only to discover they are miles away crying like a baby.Or if you go round a corner they get stuck there and you've got to try and guide them through.Or they get stuck on a plant pot:twak: .Kind of reminds me of counterstrike hostage AI but far worse lol.

Only one save slot?
Maybe will be a good thing as it gives the game replay value,but you can't explore as you have time constraints on the missions you are doing.So it's either rush through the mall to do the missions or go and explore,you can't really do both.Or am i mistaken?

Going to have another play i think :).

Found the lawnmower also :p.great fun.

Aada

Part of the furniture
supersaint said:
Only played for a couple of hours,it's great fun although i do have some issues with it.

NPC AI is not very good.Got to keep looking round to see if they are still following you only to discover they are miles away crying like a baby.Or if you go round a corner they get stuck there and you've got to try and guide them through.Or they get stuck on a plant pot:twak: .Kind of reminds me of counterstrike hostage AI but far worse lol.

Only one save slot?
Maybe will be a good thing as it gives the game replay value,but you can't explore as you have time constraints on the missions you are doing.So it's either rush through the mall to do the missions or go and explore,you can't really do both.Or am i mistaken?

Going to have another play i think :).

Found the lawnmower also :p.great fun.

The save system doesn't bother me too much and from what i've read on the internet you will play the game through atleast 3 times to get all the nifty stuff.

I will definatly be getting 1000/1000 Gps on this game.

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
Aada said:
The save system doesn't bother me too much and from what i've read on the internet you will play the game through atleast 3 times to get all the nifty stuff.

I will definatly be getting 1000/1000 Gps on this game.

Thought so.Playing through more than once isn't too bad just would of been nice to be able to explore a bit while going through the story :(.

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
Just noticed.On cut scenes all the text is fine and readable on a non HDTV.But when Otis talks to you on the radio you can't read it.WTF why would they do that?

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
My Tin copy came today, but so did Test Drive and I said my younger brother could play that for a bit.

Not to arsed as I've got as much time as I want to play it anyway.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
supersaint said:
Just noticed.On cut scenes all the text is fine and readable on a non HDTV.But when Otis talks to you on the radio you can't read it.WTF why would they do that?

I can read just about everything if I try hard, except the green text. It's quite annoying.

Aada

Part of the furniture
supersaint said:

lol man they did not test the game on SD TVS only HDTVs ;/

How small are we actually talking?

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
You could try use a RGB lead for SDTV, it sharpens the image up a bit as thats what I used before I got a high-def.

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
Wonk:Yes the green text is tough to read.

Aada:I think because it's set for HD it's more blurry than small especially the green text..Wouldn't be too bad if the text stayed on the screen until you advance it with A or something.But it goes off the screen too quick imo.

Deacan:What's an RGB lead?Using scart atm.

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
Ok thanks anyway Deacan.I changed the display to widescreen in Dashboard it's a lot better.I no longer have to get so close to read now :).Still think the text should advance on the players say so though.

LOL.Otis wanted me on the radio but i was busy fighting my way through about 100 zombies so didn't answer.He rang 3 or 4 times,eventually when i talked to him he said i was rude in not answering him.I swore at him lol,it's ok for him safe on the roof while i'm down here fighting my way through hell.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yeah Otis is a cheeky **** i feel like nailing him whenever i see him.

But this game is fantastic it really is damn good fun the story so far is great (im on case 7) the graphics are nice, achievements are fun to get and i really like trying to save survivors it adds a fun aspect to the game.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Am pants at taking picture's, I always fumble with the trigger buttons and zoom buttons.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Deacan said:
Am pants at taking picture's, I always fumble with the trigger buttons and zoom buttons.

me aswell, but I hardly ever use the camera.

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
Took a pic of the other camera guy you meet kicking some zombies and got 5000+ pp for it :).

What's the most pp have you got in one pic?

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
supersaint said:
Took a pic of the other camera guy you meet kicking some zombies and got 5000+ pp for it :).

What's the most pp have you got in one pic?

no laughing please... - 750 :(

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
Before i got the 5k pic the most i got was 700.Was total luck i think :).

Aada

Part of the furniture
Completed it yesterday and got ending A so was chuffed :)

Now i'm going to replay the 72 hour mode so i can get more achievements i love this game its a gem and worth every penny i spent on it.

Also played my other games i bought over the weekend.

TDU= Awsome the demo did it no justice and i hated the game based on the demo.

Star wars= fun game if you like star wars you will like this.

Enchanted Arms= just started it up last night about 45 mins into it... the voice acting sucks but the story so far seems pretty tight, visuals are great too and i love the creature collecting aspect.

Overall around £170 dent in my pocket but its been a fun weekend :)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I think the shop im looking for is called Huntin' shack or something. I just cant seem to find it anymore.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Wonk said:
I think the shop im looking for is called Huntin' shack or something. I just cant seem to find it anymore.

North Plaza :) watch out for the nutter inside one of the hardest bosses in the game.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Aada said:
North Plaza :) watch out for the nutter inside one of the hardest bosses in the game.

I ran away from him last time I was there and had forgotten all about him :/

Yaka

Part of the furniture
pah! last time i order from game fucking games not been delivered even tho its been pre ordered

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom