DC tonight

T

Trinilim

Ace defense :great:
Ace offense :great:
Ace RPs from the mids who interfered :great:

we need stuff like this to happen more often :)

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by Trinilim

Ace offense :great:

1st door at 60% ....?

it was just a big hib-farming-rps event ;>

T

Trinilim

doors 50%

and by offense I mean the hib slaughtering

got at least 7k rps

wasn't expecting the keep to fall anyway, was fun tho :)

C

censi

Ace offense??

We had 7 hibs in there when 97 albs started attacking it...

We starting getting reinforcements to the lords room... about 3-4 fg of hibs wiped out 97 albs. (who just ran up into the pbaoe)

I think a FG of NP came in from behind near the end...

Whoever leads these keep raids for albion needs to tell you guys to wipe out all the guards 1st and wait b4 charging the lords room... and to get organised b4 charging up to the lords... You have the tools available to counter PBAOE campers in the lords room but you never use them...

Whenever I see albs keep raiding its usually just a huge ramless zerg that hits the doors and steam in and heads straight for lord without any tactics...

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by censi
Ace offense??

We starting getting reinforcements to the lords room... about 3-4 fg of hibs wiped out 97 albs. (who just ran up into the pbaoe)

Whoever leads these keep raids for albion needs to tell you guys to wipe out all the guards 1st and wait b4 charging the lords room... and to get organised b4 charging up to the lords... You have the tools available to counter PBAOE campers in the lords room but you never use them...

Whenever I see albs keep raiding its usually just a huge ramless zerg that hits the doors and steam in and heads straight for lord without any tactics...

97?

there was hardly 5fg there

any others were caused by mids

and do tell what these tactics are to stop 9 enchanters pbaoe in lords room?

edit: and what I was referring to was before the albs started knocking on the doors seriously. When we were in the courtyard killing you and mids, and killing the reinforcements. After that I got tired and left, so don't know/care about what happened after that :)

O

old.Nol

censi is thinking about earlier raid...which was also wicked. 'cept for the part where I fell out the back of the keep :D

Albs raided again censi, after you ran naked through the AMG. It was god fun, nice to see ol fetid geezer there...

Was involved in 5 keep defenses tonight, was a good night ...

O

old.Nol

no skillz floating veil wisp - I could see you taking great pleasure in standing close to us and leaving your pet way back :p

My best was a group of you running around back chasing some loner, I mezzed, whoever was afk got stuck there, and I DD him to death with bard dd's - took about 5 minutes, had to rest for mana in between :D

N

noaim

Originally posted by Trinilim

and do tell what these tactics are to stop 9 enchanters pbaoe in lords room?

Thats how hibbies defend keeps...when they held Hlidskalf a few nights ago we got doors down twice (4-5am) and they used pbae at lord....they called that "epic defense".

But remember it requires skills and tactics to see the door at 10% and run to lord to spam a button...do never forget how advanced that is.

Y

-yoda-

Originally posted by censi
Ace offense??

A ranger that grabs the relic on a relic raid and trys to trasport it back to his own realms relic keep solo is telling albs how to raid keeps ? LMFAO :clap::clap: :clap:

N

noaim

Be nice to Censi, not his fault he is a fuckup :D

Edit: Thx btw Censi, dont think I said it yet

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by noaim

Thats how hibbies defend keeps...when they held Hlidskalf a few nights ago we got doors down twice (4-5am) and they used pbae at lord....they called that "epic defense".

But remember it requires skills and tactics to see the door at 10% and run to lord to spam a button...do never forget how advanced that is.

You have an insta AOEStun and the most powerfull PBAOE in the game, there is nothing on earth that should keep you from the lords room. BTW

pot kettle etc...

N

noaim

Originally posted by old.Nol

You have an insta AOEStun and the most powerfull PBAOE in the game, there is nothing on earth that should keep you from the lords room. BTW

pot kettle etc...

I think you have GP?

O

old.Nol

I think you have GP?

You have insta mezz on the same class, you also have killer dot's and GTAOE, don't come and speak bullshit, it is just as hard to get your lot out of the lords room if not harder. The tactic was learned from NP and nothing to be embarrassed about. There is no ways that Hib can defend against the numbers that Albion throw at us without going this 36 against 97, be realistic ffs.

A

Arnor

pot kettle etc...

It ISNT the most "powerful pbaoe in the game"
I delves for 6!!! more and costs 1 more pow(not that that matters) and we pay 49 points for it. Ill take alb/hibs pbaoe ANY day, that way I could atleast get some more versatility to my dmg

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by Arnor2

It ISNT the most "powerful pbaoe in the game"
I delves for 6!!! more and costs 1 more pow(not that that matters) and we pay 49 points for it. Ill take alb/hibs pbaoe ANY day, that way I could atleast get some more versatility to my dmg

Once again it's a matter of opinion, regardless of the arguments, you have a wicked PBAOE too, and you also defend keeps with exactly the same tactic. But noaim wobbles in, and makes out as though only hibs do it, the guy is Hypocrasy with access to a keyboard.

N

noaim

Ohh but please, I think you are reading and understanding stuff as you see it suits you.

What I wanted to point at is that your "great defense" is nothing more than pushing a button at lord room.

I didnt say you that ONLY you do it, I say that you DO do it, or?

And when we need to, we do so aswell...however, we usually dont let you through doors if we are there defending. At least thats the impression I have gotten lately.

But I can understand it is hard to defend keep at gates, pbae-nukers are easy to keep away from there.

Anyways, what I wanted to point out is that there isnt much great about defending at lord with 5+ pbae-chars there. Or is it?

S

skile

I'd also say ACE rps for the hib-casters. Rofl, that was great fun :). Also a big thanks to a cleric called First, a reju cleric which is judging by his heals the best I've grouped with.

D

Danya

You hit like a pansy Skile, I've meleed harder with my staff than your bowshots. :p Weird event of the evening has to be having prevent flight fire on an arrow hit on me. I thought "wtf snared? I didn't get hit by an infil" then checked the icon and it said prevent flight. :p

S

skile

I was using hunting bow. Mayor damage reducement but shoots faster. It's the only way to penerate your PBT atm (will be doable with heavylongbow in with future RR's). But it was very effective.

And also I'd reckon the arrows where not suitable for hibs really, as my thrust ones ran out.

Farming ~10k rp's and dying 0 times is a good run imo, eventhough damage PER hit wasnt that much. But effective with damage per second and only way to penetrate pbt.

L

Lessurl

My best was a group of you running around back chasing some loner, I mezzed, whoever was afk got stuck there, and I DD him to death with bard dd's - took about 5 minutes, had to rest for mana in between :D

lol

T

Talifer

Originally posted by Danyan
You hit like a pansy Skile, I've meleed harder with my staff than your bowshots. :p Weird event of the evening has to be having prevent flight fire on an arrow hit on me. I thought "wtf snared? I didn't get hit by an infil" then checked the icon and it said prevent flight. :p

That was probably me, I had a sneaky suspicion Prevent Flight worked on arrows, I've seen it happen before ;)

Talifer
aka
Vladimir

Stealthers, you can hide but you can't run ;)

F

Flimgoblin

ooh I'll have to use my shortbow more :)

O

old.Nol

Ohh but please, I think you are reading and understanding stuff as you see it suits you.

What I wanted to point at is that your "great defense" is nothing more than pushing a button at lord room.

I didnt say you that ONLY you do it, I say that you DO do it, or?

And when we need to, we do so aswell...however, we usually dont let you through doors if we are there defending. At least thats the impression I have gotten lately.

But I can understand it is hard to defend keep at gates, pbae-nukers are easy to keep away from there.

Anyways, what I wanted to point out is that there isnt much great about defending at lord with 5+ pbae-chars there. Or is it?

Defending a keep against more then double your numbers is pretty good imo. The majority of the time the defense starts off with very few people and the attackers are on door 2 by the time we get there...like with mids at crim last night.

In a case where defenders and attackers are almost equal, they never make it past the first door, which is exactly what this thread is about.

Depending on the number of defenders we don't even go onto walls, because as we both know, Albion and Midgard have an excess of assassin classes that make it pretty much impossible up there for single groups. STFU and keep pretending you don't play to your strengths, that you are all powerful gifted daoc players like you imply.

D

Danya

Originally posted by Talifer

That was probably me, I had a sneaky suspicion Prevent Flight worked on arrows, I've seen it happen before ;)

Talifer
aka
Vladimir

Stealthers, you can hide but you can't run ;)
Yeah I think it was one of yours. Wasn't that easy to tell the mercs from from the scouts shooting though, both were super low damage. :p

BTW Flimgoblin, don't get too excited, you have to hit with an arrow as the target turns around and then you only have a 35% to proc snare. And the snare isn't that useful tbh, it was more a "huh?" than an inconvienience. ;)

T

Talifer

Yeah I think it was one of yours. Wasn't that easy to tell the mercs from from the scouts shooting though, both were super low damage. :p

BTW Flimgoblin, don't get too excited, you have to hit with an arrow as the target turns around and then you only have a 35% to proc snare. And the snare isn't that useful tbh, it was more a "huh?" than an inconvienience. ;)

My arrows are just there to remove BT for the row of scouts behind ;)

Talifer

S

Sisifos

To mids complaining to hibs about keep defence @ lord room. I ve been @ many keep takes/retakes that was claimed by mids and I must say that it is YOU mids that use this "trick" more than hibs. Ask ur Whisperess m8 or smthing.(You have the GTAE shit to support ur lord room "trick" better).

To censi. I wasn't @ the first attack but the team that attacked DC have previously taken 4 keeps at albs frontiers claimed by hib forces. Yes they should have made mistakes and stuff but they got 4 out of 5 keeps from hib forces so I think that's pretty good, don't u? Noone is perfect after all.

Cheers.

T

Trinilim

you quoted me but you had no idea what I said :)

censi said that Albion has some secret tool to stop hibs from using pbaoe to defend lord room.

Pray tell, what is it? Or is he just spouting BS again :)

D

-Dreama-

In case you haven't noticed, all this game is button pushing, unless ofcourse you're a tad delusional and think it's really you inside the shiny box on your desk!:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom