Data Recovery companies?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
So a client of mine wants to get her hard drive recovered (click of death, so proper expensive DR company needed). I usually recommend Fields Data Recovery - USB, RAID & Hard Disk Drive Repair and Data Recovery but she popped down to their offices in Hammersmith and wasn't too happy with the situation there. I guess it looks a bit ramshackle or not very trustworthy.

Anyway, does anyone here know of any decent reputable places she can send her hard drive for a proper recovery?

Ta in advance!

Yaka

Part of the furniture
if its the click of death then freezing wont help much at all.

ive used thos guys in the past since you mentioned them eons ago in some thread never had a problem. wonder what bugged your firend away from them?

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
All joking aside, freezing it does seem to work (well in some cases) even with clicking sounds (google a little). If the data is really important i wouldnt try it anyway and seek proffesional help, but if the data was that important i'd would have made a backup. Can't really help out as i'm not a resident of the UK :<

Freeze it:Freeze your hard drive to recover data: Myth or reality? - [Geeks are Sexy] technology news

Heat it:Mandible Games » Blog Archive » How I recovered my hard drive by double-boiling it

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
And while I know it's no consolation for your client, it reminds everyone here of the value of proper off-site backups.
I've been running backups for a while but onsite. My next move is to leave the HDD's around at my Dad's on a rotating basis.

Seriously, the number of people who put all their music, video and images on one hard drive is scary. Multiple redundant backups are the way forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom