Dash Cam

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
After being rear ended by some motherfucker who legged it (no damage though, thankfully.), I've decided I'm going to be get a dash cam.

Any suggestions? I want something relatively cheap, and it seems to be a case of gamble with cheap Chinese stuff or get a branded one for many monies.

I thought this looked pretty legit, but then some of the reviews written by *insert very British name* seem suspicious.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The ones from Halfords are fine, and worth paying a little extra for fitting too.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

Embattle

FH is my second home
Personally we've always used Nextbase Dashcams, got a 322GW wired in at Halfords.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Can you really be arsed @Gwadien?

I mean - you'd just have had some footage of a cunt legging it anyway. And if it there was damage you'd still be going to your insurer.

What happened btw? Where were you at? He literally got out of the car and ran - leaving the car in the road? Assuming stolen if that's the case (or that he'd been banned from driving and ignored the ban (which I bet is *really* common)).

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Can you really be arsed @Gwadien?

I mean - you'd just have had some footage of a cunt legging it anyway. And if it there was damage you'd still be going to your insurer.

What happened btw? Where were you at? He literally got out of the car and ran - leaving the car in the road? Assuming stolen if that's the case (or that he'd been banned from driving and ignored the ban (which I bet is *really* common)).

I meant she drove off.

Sat at traffic lights bang in the back by a merc, I pull over she drives on.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Video footage goes a long way for proving fault. It also fucks those that leave the scene of an accident they caused, like some bellend that forced me off the road. Thanks to my dashcam footage, he got a fine and a driving re-education course. As he was a trade, that caused him to lose a day's work, how sad.

Embattle

FH is my second home
They aren't expensive either, they can also be used to report asshats as well.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Get one with a separate [wired] rear camera. People may think they're a bit pointless but if you think of it as an additional one-off insurance premium, it makes sense. You can absolutely prove without doubt that you weren't at fault in a collision.

Plus, if there's a really dangerous driver in your neighbourhood, you can forward the footage to the police, many forces have a dashcam upload facility to make it easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom