Darkspire Completers plz reply:)

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Hi my guild have been trying darkspire a couple of times and we got as far as 2nd room today on 2nd attempt.We`re going back again tomorrow and was just hoping some1 could maybe give some tips on what lies beyond:) Ive read the walkthrus online but would be interested to hear your experiances/tips.Also the grp we`re trying tomorrow is this x3 healers x1 sham x1 sm(sup) x2 warriors and a either a Bonedancer(ml9 petted) or Dark sm.Comments on that setup be nice too.We have every char availible so if any better suited etc be nice to know.Obv the healers all have DI2+ and fop etc.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
1.Its in German
2.Looks like a hooligan chav site.

Ive read websites i was actually after people who have completed the dungeon who read these forums but thnx anyway:) (esp if the Mid Exacl and on game 2moro afternoon:p )

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if it's anything like the alb version (pretty sure it's the same just different mob names ;)) the third room has a bloke that runs off to warn the Knightsguard at the bridge - if he gets there you'll have fun getting across the bridge, if you stop him (he's immune to root and mezz) you'll get through easily.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
if it's anything like the alb version (pretty sure it's the same just different mob names ;)) the third room has a bloke that runs off to warn the Knightsguard at the bridge - if he gets there you'll have fun getting across the bridge, if you stop him (he's immune to root and mezz) you'll get through easily.
Thnx for reply m8:) we had fun just getting to 2nd room.OMG the adds r mental:) And sorry for saying it was in german(i just saw hooligan pics and assumed :p)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
get a load of animists shrew is very easy then.

oh I forgot you cant

muhahahahahah!

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Not really familiar with Mid groups in pve but on Alb I would use 2 clerics and have an extra tank instead - cos the final encounter after all the insane pb'ing bit is pretty tough too.

Also make sure your group all move together on the last part don;t let anyone go 'ooooo lets look through that portal' :)

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
The group we recently did it with on alb:

Rejuv/Enhance cleric
Enhance/smite/rejuv cleric
Shield reaver
Shield pally
Shield Armsman
Infiltrator
Ice wizard
Earth theurgist

The key is to disable the gems, so you'll get fewer and fewer adds. And as Flim says make sure you kill the one running for help. Cannot be cc'd but he can be stunned.

Since there are so many mobs, maybe a supp runie might be handy?

Healer
Healer
Shaman
Shield tank
Shield tank
Shield tank
supp SM
supp Runemaster

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
What's the infiltrator for? Anything special? Or just a random melee'er slot?

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Failed to do it a couple of times so I'll not claim to be an authority, however fr what it's worth here is our set up and how we did it.

Set up:
2x Clerics, preferably both with FoP. At least one FoP is essential.
2x Ice wiz.
2x Shield tanks, this is the minimum number. If you can get more, take them.
2x Any damage class. Not as essential as shield tanks, just to fill group spots.

Clear your way methodically to the spire itself. You don't need to kill everything en route, the only mob who absolutely needs to die is Lady Orguelleuse as her death unlocks the doors to the spire.

When you get to the spire, set up a font at about the point where the central crystal becomes visible. Everyone rebuffs and gets ready for a fight. Rush forwards to the balcony dead ahead over looking the central crystal. It's in spell range and it's blue con. One of the casters should nuke it to death while everyone else keeps aggro off him. As soon as the gem dies, everyone retreat to the font and kill the aggro.

From now on it's a case of picking your place to stand and fight. As long as the last crystal is up, there will be a constant stream of red/purple aggro running up and down the outer ramp. You cannot stand and fight on the outer ramp or you quickly get swamped. Rush from room to room down the ramp dragging aggro with you. The ramp mobs won't aggro inside the rooms but there are plenty of things in the rooms that will. Run in as far as you need to and no further. Drop fonts fast and fight aggro then clear the room. Expect to wipe doing this.

Between the second and third room is another balcony overlooking a crystal halfway up the centre spire. Kill that as fast as possible en route to room 3 but try not to get bogged down there.

Once room 3 is cleared that's the hard part done. The flying gargoyle things are annoying but if you hit them when they pick you up, they will drop you again and they are only yellow con so they die fast. Get to the top, rebuff and go to Morgana. She will port across to her throne room but you don't need to follow until you are ready. Wait for active abilities to come back up etc then go after her.

She summons Mordred and a couple of casters. The casters are unkillable so keep them interrupted as much as possible and zerg Mordred. When Mordred dies, Morgana escapes and you win.

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
The infiltrator was not for anything special, however, I like Infiltrators in a pve group as long as you are careful with managing aggro. They do very nice damage and highlevel ones with good buffs are not the manadrains they used to be in the early days of daoc (when clerics were smite, equipment was blue/green/grey and enhance was specced to 7) with very good defense.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Actually there is a very good Darkspire walkthrough here by a US (Gaheris) guild that raids DS multiple times a week.

Suffix

Fledgling Freddie
We made it to the last bosses on hib with a tank/pb group.. Shield tank and another had to leave right before bosses tho, so we wiped :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I find that after the second summon crystal is gone (just before the second room) it seems to get a bit easier - but you need to smash the crystals in the center (there's one opposite the entrance, then one after the first room)

The patrols don't go into the rooms so you can rest up in room 1 before charging down to th platform for 2.

On group makeup the only thing I can think of is get 6s pbt ;)
Tanks, pbaoe, healing. Maybe a bonedancer for extra attacker count :)

Incidentally the two casters that morgana summons are actually her mid and hib forums (the sorceress Gullveig and the false Morrighan). Looks like you get Fafnir or Dub in mid/hib at the end :) not sure if they fight the same way as mordred (our tactic on him was kill as fast as possible - throw everything at him... not sure that works in mid given no petspam.... we found that if we took too long the adds just got unbearable. Maybe with two sms you'd be ok there though)

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Thnx for some constructive/helpfull feedback guys.i`ll post how we got on this afternoon.Think i`ll try swap 1 healer for PBt then and BD for a xtra tank.

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Castus said:
Thnx for some constructive/helpfull feedback guys.i`ll post how we got on this afternoon.Think i`ll try swap 1 healer for PBt then and BD for a xtra tank.

We´ve done it several times without much trouble with the following setup

Pac healer
Aug healer
Shaman
Supp spiritmaster
Warrior
Warrior
Skald
Berzerker

/j

popa

Fledgling Freddie
too se drop ( mid) go ME and put villianous , all drop are 3 -10 P
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hendrich

Fledgling Freddie
Completed it a few days ago on Alb Excal. Wasnt too bad, had a few deaths but easily went back to where we left off.

Setup
2x Rejuv Cleric
3x Sheild Tank (Paly)
1 Theurg
1 wizzy
1 Matter Caba

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Ok well we completed it very easily with x3 sm x2 healers x2 warriors x1 sham x1 pbt runie.Did`nt have 1 death and whole thing took an hour.About 18 drops from start to finish(exc salvage junk) and a goodtime had by all:)Nice gfx/dungeon that aswell:) grtz Mythic beat arti xping grind anyway :clap:

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Twigbob said:
nerf groups of 9 :eek:
Ok well we completed it very easily with x2 sm x2 healers x2 warriors x1 sham x1 pbt runie.Did`nt have 1 death and whole thing took an hour.About 18 drops from start to finish(exc salvage junk) and a goodtime had by allNice gfx/dungeon that aswell grtz Mythic beat arti xping grind anyway

Edited just for u clever alb:p

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I think the clever alb was sarcastic there, cos well, w'all know that a single alb full group consists of 16 people ;)

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
I think the clever alb was sarcastic there, cos well, w'all know that a single alb full group consists of 16 people ;)

....to realise the same utility of an 8 people group in mid". You forgot to complete your sentence :wub:

Twigbob

Fledgling Freddie
i wasnt being sarcastic :( FH just uses ":eek:" differently than i do

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Gribz0r said:
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
....to realise the same utility of an 8 people group in mid". You forgot to complete your sentence :wub:
...... with the strength of a 32 people group in mid.

seems you forgot a little part to... but I completed it for ye :p :wub:

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda disapointing u STILL dont get to kick morgana's ass :p
Btw she summons Mordred ? doeshe look like the Lyn Barfog version ?

Id love to go there one day but everyone i know is too lazy to have fun unless they gain something from it <So the typical alb/excal player than :) >

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom